monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

edgarblythe

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:16 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
You are willing to overlook it and that is the shitty attitude I am talking about.

I'm not "overlooking" anything. If someone commits a serious crime and gets convicted, they do the time. If they're an illegal, they get deported. That's what I mean by treating it as a "secondary offense".

Quote:
I just hope that no one here has a family member that gets violated by an illegal.

That's what I don't understand. I hope no one here has a family member victimized by anyone — I don't get why it's somehow worse if the perp was here illegally.

Because if the perp was here legally he could shoot the rape victim and cry self defense and get off. An illegal is obviously guilty no matter what and gets convicted.
McGentrix

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:27 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

hightor wrote:

Quote:
You are willing to overlook it and that is the shitty attitude I am talking about.

I'm not "overlooking" anything. If someone commits a serious crime and gets convicted, they do the time. If they're an illegal, they get deported. That's what I mean by treating it as a "secondary offense".

Quote:
I just hope that no one here has a family member that gets violated by an illegal.

That's what I don't understand. I hope no one here has a family member victimized by anyone — I don't get why it's somehow worse if the perp was here illegally.

Because if the perp was here legally he could shoot the rape victim and cry self defense and get off. An illegal is obviously guilty no matter what and gets convicted.

Because we have people INVITING illegals to their cities and telling them that they will be safe there. They are here illegally and ANY crime they commit is a crime that shouldn't have been.

Is that really that hard to comprehend?

Edgar, if they are here illegally, then them having a weapon is also illegal. Are you ok with illegals raping 14 year old girls?
cicerone imposter

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:31 am
@McGentrix,
Your imagination is on overdrive. You are silly and uninformed.
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/26/us/trump-illegal-immigrants-crime.html
layman

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:32 am
@cicerone imposter,
They claim that Abe Lincoln had the lowest approval rating ever, under 25%.

A few of the kinder characterizations of him at the time:

Quote:
"The illustrious Honest Old Abe has continued during the last week to make a fool of himself and to mortify and shame the intelligent people of this great nation."

Sound familiar? Here's some more:

Quote:
"People now marvel how it came to pass that Mr. Lincoln should have been selected as the representative man of any party. His weak, wishy-washy, namby-pamby efforts, imbecile in matter, disgusting in manner, have made us the laughing stock of the whole world."

=====

"He is evidently a person of very inferior cast of character, wholly unequal to the crisis."

====

The Chicago Times, for example, branded the Emancipation Proclamation "a monstrous usurpation, a criminal wrong, and an act of national suicide."

=====

An editorial in Columbus, Ohio's The Crisis asked, "Is not this a Death Blow to the Hope of Union?" and declared, "The time is brief when we shall have a DICTATOR PROCLAIMED, for the Proclamation can never be carried out except under the iron rule of the worst kind of despotism."

====

" Abraham Lincoln is lost; that he will never be President again.… The obscene ape of Illinois is about to be deposed from the Washington purple, and the White House will echo to his little jokes no more."

http://www.civilwar.org/hallowed-ground-magazine/unpopular-mr-lincoln.html?referrer=https://www.google.com/

Millions more like that, and much, much worse. The press, and the public influenced by them, hated Lincoln almost as much as Trump, eh?

layman

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:35 am
@layman,
Lincoln's response to the pervasive condemnation was about like Trump's:

Quote:
“I do not listen to every criticism, let alone act on them. I have learned to do my best, and if the end result is good then I do not care for any criticism, but if the end result is not good, then even the praise of ten angels would not make the difference.

“I desire to so conduct the affairs of this administration that if at the end, when I come to lay down the reins of power, I have lost every other friend on earth, I shall at least have one friend left, and that friend shall be down inside of me.”

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:38 am
@layman,
"They claim?" LOL. Your Trumpism doesn't work today for the informed.
Trump's lies are now legend.
http://www.businessinsider.com
farmerman

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:41 am
@blatham,
yep, I was mong a group at Columbia who just showed up. I was still like 19 n kinda boyish looking so when I got booked it was for Disturbance". In 1986 I applied for a Q clearance foor a nuke project and it caused me great ajida until DOJ had expunged all the viet nam related arrests on most all kids involved at NY, Tulane, Berkley, U Cal Davis, Kent STate, and many others (even PHilly had negative results protests at Penn nd Temple). Recall the Berrigan Brothers.

I was never a member of any student action organizations other than a geochemistry club and a plein aire painting club that decided to get "involved" by virtue of feeling put upon by some thugs in elected office.
We all had friends drafted and a few people from my home town who died over there and the net effect though, was that the entire anti-war movement (a total experience in non-violent protest) WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG.

layman

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:44 am
Twain must have met you, eh, Al?

Quote:
Popular opinon is held in reverence. It settles everything. Some think it is the voice of God. (Mark Twain)
cicerone imposter

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:46 am
@layman,
No. Most of us live in the present. Trump's disapproval now sits at 55%.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-disapproval-rating-235270
0 Replies

layman

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:47 am
@farmerman,
I was at Grant Park during the '68 Democratic Convention, eh, Farmer?

I wasn't protesting anything, I was just looking for hippy chicks to ****.

And there were plenty, ya know?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:55 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
His approval rating tells the story, even if Trump supporters keeps their blinders on.

His approval rating was good enough to win the election over YOU clowns and your gangster moll candidate and it will be again in 2020. That's really all the approval we need.....
cicerone imposter

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 11:06 am
@gungasnake,
Buyer's remorse. That's the reason for his low approval rating. He's a con with no knowledge of governance or common sense. His ban on Muslims proved his ignorance.
He's a con, and won the approval of people like you.
His history is based on bigotry and lies.
revelette1

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 11:10 am
@hightor,
Quote:
I'm not "overlooking" anything. If someone commits a serious crime and gets convicted, they do the time.

If they're an illegal, they get deported. That's what I mean by treating it as a "secondary offense".

I agree, it is like the rapist does not have to face the consequences of his rape, he just gets deported for the offense of being here illegally. Why wouldn't they at least turn them over to the authorities of the country he came from? Failing that for some reason, jail him here and then deport him. The same would apply to any other offense.

Is there data to back up the claim that most of illegals here commit crimes such as rape and robbery and so forth? If not, the entire issue is a red herring.
gungasnake

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 11:11 am
@cicerone imposter,
The only low approval rating DT is experiencing is in your own libtard fake news outlets, which are no longer relevant to intelligent people. I don't know anybody who's experiencing any buyers remorse over Trump.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 11:11 am
@cicerone imposter,
Trump is blind to his own bigotry.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/02/25/opinions/trump-privilege-problem-dantonio/index.html
0 Replies

layman

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 11:13 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Is there data to back up the claim that most of illegals here commit crimes such as rape and robbery and so forth? If not, the entire issue is a red herring.

Yeah, right, eh?

If MOST of americans don't commit rape, then rape, in general, is just an insignificant matter which should be ignored, eh?
0 Replies

lmur

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 11:14 am
@blatham,
While channel-hopping, I spotted a promo-caption in the corner of the screen indicating that there would be explosive new revelations relating to wire-tapping on Judge Jeanine's show. Perhaps that is what the nutter was referring to in his tweet?
cicerone imposter

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 11:14 am
@gungasnake,
People like you hate facts, so like a child give it a thumb down.
layman

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 11:20 am
@lmur,
Exactly. This is from a Trump-hating website:

Quote:
As for why Trump pimped out Pirro’s show tonight, the assumption is that she will have some “stunning” details related to Trump’s absurd “wiretapping” claims from a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/dont-buy-into-trumps-plug-of-stunning-revelations-on-judge-jeanines-show/

Blabby tries to frame it as an attack on Ryan by Trump. I wonder why?
0 Replies

hightor

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 11:21 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Are you ok with illegals raping 14 year old girls?

So if the perps are naturalized citizens it's okay? I really don't see what your point is. Crimes which victimize people are serious, regardless of citizenship, party affiliation, race, religion, musical taste, or anything else.
Quote:
Is that really that hard to comprehend?