monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Debra Law

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 05:53 pm
@wmwcjr,
wmwcjr wrote:
In the 1960s and '70s, I thought American white racism was being relegated to the dustbin of history. I was wrong, completely wrong. We're even experiencing a revival of antisemitism! Next to no one learns from history. I give up.

This election cycle has been eye-opening. I am shocked and ashamed of many of my fellow citizens and government representatives. This is 2017! Have we not advanced one iota since WWII or the end of segregration? Apparently not.

When I was in junior high several decades ago, the preface in one of my textbooks said, "The past is the key to the future". I thought that meant we should learn from the past and apply the lessons learned ... i.e., don't repeat past mistakes. But it seems very few people learn those lessons.
cicerone imposter

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 05:59 pm
@Debra Law,
That's been my observation too! As long as people believe they have some superior genes, ignorance will live on.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 06:11 pm
@wmwcjr,
Quote:
Next to no one learns from history. I give up.

Thinks can be depressing, I know. It affects very many of us in a similar manner rather like being on a roller coaster. But there are many millions of good people pushing back.

Take a break for a while. I need to do that now and again.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 07:04 pm
@saab,
Quote:
We do not have any presidents in Sweden.

Damn, I wish we had thought of that in 2015. Shocked
RABEL222

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 07:12 pm
@RABEL222,
Do they even teach history in school anymore?
thack45

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 07:43 pm
@RABEL222,
Idk, but you certainly don't need it for a career at Walmart or an Amazon fulfillment center. Just think of the money we could save by cutting such silly things as history, science, mathematics..
farmerman

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 07:58 pm
@thack45,
REPUBLICANS ARE PRETTY_MUCH ANTI SCIENCE
thack45

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 08:03 pm
@farmerman,
Hey buddy, that's the sort of that ought to be taught the home
0 Replies

McGentrix

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 08:06 pm
@farmerman,

This is the kind of bullshit that needs to be called out.
thack45

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 08:13 pm
@McGentrix,
You're absolutely right

Here's the Gallup poll http://www.gallup.com/poll/155003/Hold-Creationist-View-Human-Origins.aspx
glitterbag

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 08:14 pm
Puleeeeze!!!!
0 Replies

farmerman

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 08:21 pm
@McGentrix,
He he. Where do most of the anti Global warming, pro-creation,folks reside?? They seem to be "reverse scientific method" oriented. They will deny evidence that doesnt fit their beliefs an then just default to some worldview that they have already adopted.

Say what ya will but the bullshit os mostly on your sides shoes.
McGentrix

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 08:23 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

He he. Where do most of the anti Global warming, pro-creation,folks reside?? They seem to be "reverse scientific method" oriented. They will deny evidence that doesnt fit their beliefs an then just default to some worldview that they have already adopted.

Say what ya will but the bullshit os mostly on your sides shoes.

Don't mix science and politics. Especially when you are just wrong.
farmerman

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 08:31 pm
@McGentrix,
Kinda goes against your core beliefs doesnt it McG. Ever wonder why theres been NO really in -depth programs about mans relation to climate change on programs like NOVA? Thats a perfect example of politics leading science

THE KOCHS SPONSOR WGBH "SCIENCE PROGRAMS"
camlok

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 08:35 pm
@McGentrix,
You two are peas in a pod when it comes to denying science.
0 Replies

camlok

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 08:39 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Say what ya will but the bullshit is mostly on your sides shoes.

I find it amazing how you can be such a flaming hypocrite, farmerman. You won't even discuss science, you run from it, you mislead, you do all manner of things that if your professional association knew you would likely be disciplined.
Builder

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 08:45 pm
@camlok,
It's increasingly obvious that he's not part of any scientific org.

Not even willing to engage in conversations that refute his fixed views.
farmerman

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 08:57 pm
@camlok,
Quote:
I find it amazing how you can be such a flaming hypocrite
Hmmm, you could be right. Maybe youre starting to rub off on me. PSST, back under your rock with your other sock puppets.
farmerman

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 08:58 pm
@Builder,
I engage wherever truth and fcts have been supported or are under honest dispute. You douche bags are a bunch of lying deniers of real science
camlok

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 08:59 pm
@farmerman,
Come and discuss science, farmerman. Your tirades are not of science. Real scientists are not cowards. That is what you are.
0 Replies