monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

layman

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 07:48 am
Like, whooda thunk, I ax ya?:

Quote:
Brazile admits she forwarded town hall questions to Clinton camp

In an interview with Fox News on Oct. 19, Brazile denied helping Clinton during the primaries. She said she was being persecuted and questioned the credibility of the hacked files.

“As a Christian woman, I understand persecution, but I will not sit here and be persecuted,” Brazile said. “Your information is totally false.”

In an essay for Time published Friday, called “Russian DNC Narrative Played Out Exactly As They Hoped,” the Democratic strategist said she had in fact passed on topics, despite saying she had not when her communications with the campaign were leaked by WikiLeaks in October.

She must have switched parties, eh? Democrats don't lie.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 07:49 am
@blatham,
I know, I was gobsmacked too.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 07:54 am
@blatham,
Quote:
Of course, I didn't say those (bolded) words. That's your creation. But the more important point is that you've set up a false either/or binary.

This is right out of the leftists play book...
This is the very same game the left says all the time with their either or BS. Do you want taxes or dirty water? Do you want taxes or dead babies? Do you want taxes or dirty air?
giujohn

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 08:14 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

giujohn wrote:

No experience with GCHQ, but my last federal law enforcement position was a at Crystal with a TS/SCI.

Jesus Christ, the people who work in our cafeteria hold the same clearance. Congratulations, you did support work at a building the Federal Government rents.

LOL...A building the government rents...You haven't got a clue.

As for your cafeteria workers, I'm confident they have never been read into the program's I have...You neither.
0 Replies

giujohn

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 08:21 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:

Gimme a ******* break...you're that naive?
The very nature of what these people are capable of preclude leaving evidence
No Im not naive at all. Im very cynical about how fast and loose you guys play. Yet you buy anything that President Tweets says.
OY have I got a bridge for you.

What I'm buying is the distinct possibility...Because I know the capability and the desperation of those Obama hold overs.
0 Replies

layman

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 08:34 am
Just one of many reasons why Trump demanded that Obama's prosecutors resign, eh?:

Quote:
Chicago too lax on gun crimes, city's judicial system a 'joke,' critics say

“The Cook County court system, largest in the country, is traditionally very, very soft on most gun charges,” said Jim Warren, a policy and politics columnist for U.S. News & World Report. Warren called Chicago’s judicial system a “joke."

Chicago’s Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson argues known criminals shoot –and keep shooting-- because they know they can get away with it. The city’s top cop has pleaded for the city’s attorneys and judges to throw the book at repeat gun offenders.

The State’s attorney for Cook County, Kim Foxx, admits the county is in a “crisis.” “We have an issue of credibility with our criminal justice system,” Foxx said.

The U.S. Attorney for the northern district of Illinois, Zach Fardon, was asked to resign last week as part of a purge of Obama administration holdovers. While the U.S. Attorney’s office in Chicago prosecuted 123 gun crimes, nearby Kansas City – which has a fraction of the population and lower crime – prosecuted nearly triple that total amount: 340 cases.

At least downstate lawmakers, and Trump, are starting to topple the policies of Obama's homeboy, Rahm Emanuel, the current Mayor of Chicago, eh?

Quote:
There is a possible solution on the horizon: a new bill recently cleared a state senate committee in Springfield that would instruct courts to lengthen penalties for repeat gun offenders and require judges to publicly explain why they gave a lighter sentence.

And, Foxx just announced the launch of a new gun-fighting unit in the city’s two most dangerous neighborhoods on the south and west side that for the first time will pair federal prosecutors with state and local police. It’s intended to result in much more immediate and thorough gun cases being prosecuted.
0 Replies

giujohn

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 08:34 am
        https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/20/77/9f/20779f6c5f5d04b845b866a81b61f3ef.jpg

IZZY's Match.com photo... He has no problem with the UK's socialized medicine.
0 Replies

giujohn

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 08:40 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Quote:
The claim that GCHQ carried out surveillance on Donald Trump during the election campaign is "arrant nonsense", Rick Ledgett, the number two at the US National Security Agency (NSA) has told the BBC in an exclusive interview.
Source

Well...That's good enough for me!!

Uh huh...And if they did, do you really expect them to admit it???

The denial is laughable and worth zero.
0 Replies

layman

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 08:41 am
Trump was asked in Florida what his favorite sport was. He said enjoyed watching baseball and loved playing golf, but that neither was his favorite.

His absolute favorite sport, he said, was "kicking lib ass."
0 Replies

hightor

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 08:50 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
This is the very same game the left says all the time with their either or BS.

No, there isn't any "play book". A false dilemma can be intentional or accidental but it's not an ideologically-inspired tactic. Your criticism would be more effective if you exposed these sorts of informal fallacies as and where they appear rather than just making a generalized accusation and making up exaggerated examples. Point them out when you see them, no matter the political view of the author, and you'll be doing us all a service.

So, do you want taxes or do you want a government starved of revenue?
giujohn

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 08:53 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
This is the very same game the left says all the time with their either or BS.

No, there isn't any "play book". A false dilemma can be intentional or accidental but it's not an ideologically-inspired tactic. Your criticism would be more effective if you exposed these sorts of informal fallacies as and where they appear rather than just making a generalized accusation and making up exaggerated examples. Point them out when you see them, no matter the political view of the author, and you'll be doing us all a service.

So, do you want taxes or do you want a government starved of revenue?

I'd like a government starved of my income tax dollars. We don't need an income tax.
layman

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 09:11 am
@giujohn,
Unfortunately, even the average, sane, american citizen now seems to accept the premise that government should run virtually every aspect of our economy and our lives.

The commies have been quite successful in effectuating their subversive plan of infiltrating western culture and fomenting cultural marxism. The "State" is their God, and their religion has gained a significant foothold. Their creed is wholly endorsed by the "progressives," for example.

Obama was, by his own admission, a devout Marxist in his younger days. He claimed to have abandoned that despicable political philsophy, but his actions belie his superficial denials.
0 Replies

giujohn

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 09:14 am
Politics
Suspicious cellular activity in D.C. suggests monitoring of individuals' smartphones
80 Comments
CBS NEWS
Mar 16, 2017 7:20 PM EDT

Sean Gallup, Getty Images
As the discussion over wiretapping and foreign hacking still dominates the conversation in Washington, an unusually high amount of suspicious cell phone activity in the nation’s capital has caught the attention of the Department of Homeland Security, raising concerns that U.S. officials are being monitored by a foreign entity.

The issue was first reported in the Washington Free Beacon, but a source at telecom security firm ESD America confirmed the spike in suspicious activity to CBS News.

ESD America, hired preemptively for a DHS pilot program this January called ESD Overwatch, first noticed suspicious activity around cell phone towers in certain parts of the capital, including near the White House. This kind of activity can indicate that someone is monitoring specific individuals or their devices.

DHS confirmed the pilot program but did not comment on the suspicious activity.

“The Overwatch system is part of a 90-day pilot that was initiated on January 18, 2017,” the agency said in a statement. “The Overwatch System is managed by DHS, through ESD America Inc., a defense and law enforcement technology provider that provides technical security assistance to government and corporate clients.”

According to the ESD America source, the first such spike of activity was in D.C. but there have been others in other parts of the country.

Based on the type of technology used, the source continued, it is likely that the suspicious activity was being conducted by a foreign nation.

The news comes the same week that two Democratic lawmakers wrote to Kelly saying they were “deeply concerned” about hacking vulnerabilities in U.S. cellular networks.

“For several years, cyber security experts have repeatedly warned that U.S. cellular communications networks are vulnerable to surveillance by foreign governments, hackers, and criminals exploiting vulnerabilities in Signaling System 7,” wrote Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Oregon) and Rep. Ted Lieu (D-California). “U.S. cellular phones can be tracked, tapped, and hacked—by adversaries thousands of miles away—through SS7-enabled surveillance. We are deeply concerned that the security of America’s telecommunications infrastructure is not getting the attention it deserves.”

Julia Kimani contributed reporting to this story.

© 2017 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Yeah...I'm just being naive!
hightor

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 09:27 am
@giujohn,
Quote:
I'd like a government starved of my income tax dollars. We don't need an income tax.

Okay, let's get rid of the income tax. Where do you plan to come up with the $1.75 trillion in lost revenue?
layman

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 09:32 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:

Okay, let's get rid of the income tax. Where do you plan to come up with the $1.75 trillion in lost revenue?

Wrong question. We just won't be spending $1.75 trillion. I don't need to somehow come up with money to paint my house pink if I aint gunna do it under no circumstances, no how, anyway, eh?

It's a shame that the word "pinko" has virtually disappeared from the American vocabulary, eh?
0 Replies

thack45

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 09:57 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

If you're using the story in an attempt to legitimize yet another of your dear leader's unsubstantiated claims, then yes
giujohn

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 09:59 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:

10% national sales tax, legalize gambling, prostitution, and weed and tax the **** out of it...And what layman said.
blatham

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 10:10 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
The claim that GCHQ carried out surveillance on Donald Trump during the election campaign is "arrant nonsense", Rick Ledgett, the number two at the US National Security Agency (NSA) has told the BBC in an exclusive interview.

No doubt it is. But clearly Trump and team have decided that they are not constrained by any notions of truthfulness in the claims they make. If something is published or spoken anywhere, and no matter how credible or poorly-sourced it might be, that gives them licence to repeat it with the authority of the White House.

It's a rather explicit notice that they will engage in misinformation/propaganda and that this is just jim-dandy.
giujohn

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 10:11 am
@thack45,
thack45 wrote:

giujohn wrote:

If you're using the story in an attempt to legitimize yet another of your dear leader's unsubstantiated claims, then yes

No...I'm using the story to illustrate to the naive of the potential of his claim being possible and the added possibility​ there will NEVER be any evidence. Grow up.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Sat 18 Mar, 2017 10:11 am
War, war, war, bombings, and more war

Posted: Wed 7:46 PM, Mar 15, 2017

Quote:
Members of the 5th Bomb Wing at Minot Air Force Base have officially headed to the Middle East for combat.

More than 400 wing members headed to the region as part of Operation Inherent Resolve.

B-52 Stratofortresses Bombers from Minot have also headed overseas for the first time in 12 years.

The 23rd Bomb Squadron will lead the 5th Bomb Wing in their mission.
Operation Inherent Resolve is the United States’ mission against the Islamic State, primarily in Iraq and Syria.

You know, there has been an oil glut and low prices for quite some time. Does it appear that Tillerson/Trump/Putin desire to bomb the hell out of those Middle Eastern oil fields to get rid of the competition and make those Russian oil interests more profitable? Much more destruction and death on the horizon and a lot of blood on American hands . . . .