monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

gungasnake

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 11:15 pm
@camlok,
Quote:
Dictators the world over marvel at the brilliant nature of the grand fraud. Hitler loved the USA and used proven USA plans for genocide.

How do you come by this abject hatred of all things American? Did you try to immigrate and got rejected for DTS??
0 Replies

gungasnake

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 11:19 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
I am just going to say it, I hate this guy, this horrible president people voted for..... I will have to pray to get the hate out of my heart...

Have you tried praying to get the stupidity out of your head??
farmerman

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 11:42 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Those judges' rulings strike me as Constitutionally retarded.
Not if youre an "Originalist" at heart.

STFU is what Trump dearly needs. His ego, rather than his brain drives whatever he utters. That he did all this to himself was my basic point. You may argue "points of law" but youre doing it as a mere partisan (Im not a Constitutional lawyer and I think that neither are you).
However, had Trump merely kept his big fat mouth shut and not said things sounding clearly religiously discriminatory he may not have built the corner that he is in.
glitterbag

Fri 17 Mar, 2017 12:13 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Quote:
I am just going to say it, I hate this guy, this horrible president people voted for..... I will have to pray to get the hate out of my heart...

Have you tried praying to get the stupidity out of your head??

Well, we all know you haven't tried to pray the stupid away. Really you shouldn't try, I'm not much of a religious freak myself, but if I held your noxious anti-American views, I'd worry God (or whatever it is you worship) would smit me. Have a swell day snake
oralloy

Fri 17 Mar, 2017 12:24 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Not if youre an "Originalist" at heart.

I'm an originalist at heart and those rulings strike me as Constitutionally retarded.

farmerman wrote:
(Im not a Constitutional lawyer and I think that neither are you).

My Constitutional expertise centers around the Second Amendment. However, I think I have a pretty good handle on the entire Constitution.

farmerman wrote:
STFU is what Trump dearly needs.

I don't perceive this need.

farmerman wrote:
However, had Trump merely kept his big fat mouth shut and not said things sounding clearly religiously discriminatory he may not have built the corner that he is in.

I don't believe that he's in a corner.

I believe the Supreme Court will easily overturn these rulings, and will probably do so with biting commentary regarding the competence of the people responsible for the rulings.
farmerman

Fri 17 Mar, 2017 12:29 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
I'm an originalist at heart and those rulings strike me as Constitutionally retarded
Then Ill just let you fight it out between yourself

Quote:
My Constitutional expertise centers around the Second Amendment. However, I think I have a pretty good handle on the entire Constitution.

So that evasion is a sort of an admission that you are NOT a Constitutional Lawyer? NO?

Quote:
I don't believe that he's in a corner.
I think even ole GW Bush woulda had a real strategy for getting this EO through initial muster without looking like an "ignorant or the law" petulant egoist.

Hell, unless you are living under a rock you must be seeing that at least half of his trouble in getting these two EO's through in a TIMELEY fashion has been his clueless-ness and his big mouth . Hes a used car salesman,
I think Arnold was right when he said that"Mebe you shoult go beck ahnt do de teefee show ant Ill do your chob"
oralloy

Fri 17 Mar, 2017 12:56 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
So that evasion is a sort of an admission that you are NOT a Constitutional Lawyer? NO?

What evasion? I think I'm close enough for purposes of this thread.

farmerman wrote:
I think even ole GW Bush woulda had a real strategy for getting this EO through initial muster without looking like an "ignorant or the law" petulant egoist.

The only people who appear ignorant of the law to me are the judges who blocked his order.

farmerman wrote:
Hell, unless you are living under a rock you must be seeing that at least half of his trouble in getting these two EO's through in a TIMELEY fashion has been his clueless-ness and his big mouth .

Nah. I think extremist judges would have found a bogus reason to try to block it no matter what.

As for timely, let's see how long it takes for these judges to be overturned.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 17 Mar, 2017 02:00 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
Well, we all know you haven't tried to pray the stupid away.

That's a tall order even for God.
0 Replies

giujohn

Fri 17 Mar, 2017 03:39 am
@thack45,
thack45
Quote:
Do you really enjoy living a
Life that's so hateful?

**** you very, very much
Cause we hate what you do
And we hate your whole crew

Now isn't that just like a lefty? Ask why us Patriots are so hateful...Then scream at us that they hate us. (Tolerant only if we agree with their warped ideals)
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 17 Mar, 2017 03:40 am
@McGentrix,
You bring the tent. I'll bring the smoke.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 17 Mar, 2017 03:51 am
@McGentrix,
There ought to be less "vile" on this site, for sure. As regards "vile" coming from the sources I quote, no. You won't accept that the right has dramatically changed and become more extreme - and that this is mostly asymmetrical. But I can live with that.
giujohn

Fri 17 Mar, 2017 03:56 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
What in the hell does that have to do with him executing the office of the President? I can name several president's starting with LBJ that fill that bill.

You've misunderstood — I'm specifically not commenting on his job performance; I'm just using him to illustrate a stereotypically embarrassing "Ugly American". Get it?

And I'm not holding past or future presidents up as being examples of "Great Americans". I'm just saying Trump's one of the ugly ones.

Yes, well that's your opinion. Where you see an ugly american, I see someone who's demeanor always keeps his opponents off balance. When it comes to the deal, Trump plays his opponents like a 2 dollar fiddle...And the great part is they don't even realize it.
izzythepush

Fri 17 Mar, 2017 03:57 am
Quote:
Britain's communications intelligence agency GCHQ has issued a statement denying it wiretapped Donald Trump during the US presidential campaign.

The unusual move by the agency came after White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer cited claims first made on US TV channel Fox News earlier this week.

GCHQ responded by saying the allegations were "nonsense, utterly ridiculous and should be ignored".

Mr Trump has claimed that Trump Tower in New York was under surveillance.

But he has provided no evidence for the claim.

A Senate committee on Thursday concluded that there were "no indications" Trump Tower was under surveillance by the US government before or after the election.

The claims of GCHQ involvement were initially made by former judge Andrew Napolitano.

Mr Spicer quoted Mr Napolitano as saying: "Three intelligence sources have informed Fox News that President Obama went outside the chain of command.

"He didn't use the NSA, he didn't use the CIA, he didn't use the FBI and he didn't use the Department of Justice, he used GCHQ."

A GCHQ spokesman said: "Recent allegations made by media commentator Judge Andrew Napolitano about GCHQ being asked to conduct 'wiretapping' against the then president-elect are nonsense.

"They are utterly ridiculous and should be ignored."
It is unusual for GCHQ to comment directly on a report about its intelligence work, normally preferring to stick to the policy of neither confirming nor denying any activity.

The phrase "utterly ridiculous" is also very unusual for the agency.

But it's a sign of just how seriously they take it. The allegations are so sensitive that the agency clearly felt they could not let them go unchallenged.

Donald Trump's claim that the Obama administration had ordered surveillance on him has generated enormous attention but with so far no evidence to back it up.

And British intelligence is clearly determined to avoid being drawn into what is an increasingly toxic row in Washington.

On Thursday Senate Intelligence Committee chairman Richard Burr dismissed Mr Trump's claim his phones were tapped.

Mr Trump had accused his predecessor Barack Obama of wiretapping Trump Tower during the presidential race.

Mr Spicer said Mr Trump stuck by his allegations.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39300191
giujohn

Fri 17 Mar, 2017 04:01 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Jesus Christ, Hannity has no imagination and he sounds stupid because he cannot set aside his own animosity to save his soul.

Said the pot to the kettle.
0 Replies

hightor

Fri 17 Mar, 2017 04:05 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:
When it comes to the deal, Trump plays his opponents like a 2 dollar fiddle...

Some of those street hustlers with their 3 Card Monte games are pretty slick too!
Quote:
And the great part is they don't even realize it.

Oh I agree, he's a huckster — his supporters don't even realize it either!
giujohn

Fri 17 Mar, 2017 04:08 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

revelette1 wrote:
I am just going to say it, I hate this guy, this horrible president people voted for. I read over the list of the programs cut, the worst are the ones affecting low income/and elderly persons. He is sick and anyone supporting him sick too and I don't care if I do get banned from this site for saying it.

I will have to pray to get the hate out of my heart, but, it is going to be hard.

Liberals are always filled with hate.

Not true...If you agree with their warped ideals they will share their weed with you and profess their love for you.
0 Replies

giujohn

Fri 17 Mar, 2017 04:12 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

layman wrote:
What else is new, eh? These fake news outlets specialize in serving up breathlessly delivered speculation and hateful commentary, not in presenting the news in straight-forward fashion.

Nice try, cheese-eaters

I notice the same sort of breathless speculation regarding the wiretapping allegations, as if Trump is somehow "doomed" if he cannot back up his allegations.

I don't really care about the allegations in the first place. But I think Trump will be just fine if he never bothers to back them up.

It also strikes me that, if Trump did concoct fictional wiretapping allegations in order to distract the media from some other story (which I think is what his enemies suspect), then all of his enemies who perpetuate the hysteria over "whether the allegations are true" are actually helping to bring about the distraction that Trump hoped to achieve.

I love watching him play the media and the Looney Lefties like a $2 fiddle...Like a cat chasing a laser pointer. Hahahaha.
0 Replies

giujohn

Fri 17 Mar, 2017 04:26 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

giujohn wrote:
When it comes to the deal, Trump plays his opponents like a 2 dollar fiddle...

Some of those street hustlers with their 3 Card Monte games are pretty slick too!
Quote:
And the great part is they don't even realize it.

Oh I agree, he's a huckster — his supporters don't even realize it either!

LOL...That's where you're wrong...To support him is to get him.

It's the hysterical looney lefties who don't get it..Much like the cat and a laser pointer.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 17 Mar, 2017 04:33 am
@izzythepush,
These WH dolts just keep shooting themselves. It's a daily occurrence. Trump doesn't have the character or the balls to admit he's wrong so they just keep on making the disaster worse.

Just look at what Spicer had to try yesterday:
Quote:
“There’s widespread reporting that throughout the 2016 election, there was surveillance that was done on a variety of people,” Mr. Spicer said. Asked if the president stood by his original allegation, Mr. Spicer said, “He stands by it.”
NYT
The "evidence" supporting Trump is Fake News reports. Super geniuses, these people.

I suspect they'll end up hinging everything on the out that Nunes provided for them:
Quote:
Mr. Spicer complained that reporters had not focused on a comment by Mr. Nunes, the House intelligence chairman, that “it’s possible” that intelligence agencies could have swept up others in the course of their surveillance, including Mr. Trump. Mr. Nunes did note that Mr. Trump was concerned about “other surveillance activities looking at him and his associates” and said his committee would find out.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 17 Mar, 2017 04:42 am
The victory by Rutts in the Netherlands election was a definite upper. And here's a thought:
Quote:
Trump May Have Pushed Dutch Voters Away From Populism

For the Dutch, both the British vote to leave the European Union and Donald J. Trump’s election in the United States broke political dikes, leaving the Dutch ill at ease with the conflict and uncertainty that has ensued.

That, some analysts said, helps explain why the Dutch ultimately chose to contain the populist surge led by Geert Wilders, the far-right icon, in their elections on Wednesday.

“In Europe we all see the developments in the United States, and that’s not where we want to go because we see it as chaos,” said Janka Stoker, a professor in the School of Economics and Business at the University of Groningen in the north of the Netherlands.
NYT
0 Replies