monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 05:35 pm
@maporsche,
Your redistribution of wealth skirt is showing.

It's the tax rate, not the income that matters.

Trump paid a higher rate than either of your idols.

i understand that you think it wasn't enough, but it remains higher than the other two and it generated far more revenue for the government.

I should think you would be happy, or do you want selective tax rates based on ideology?

camlok

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 05:38 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
So glad you and McG remain here.

It makes you feel war and fuzzy to have a semi-eloquent poseur and a dim bulb supporting you, does it, Finn? They are certainly your equals as intellectual cowards.

You have crushed gungasnake, layman, thack, guijohn, Baldimo, ..., compatriots all. Such is the cruel nature of the conservative soul.
Finn dAbuzz

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 05:41 pm
@hightor,
i don't know, do you?

If it happens once, it's too often.

I actually thought you were above the fatuous argument of "If you have nothing to hide who cares whether the government spies on you"
camlok

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 05:42 pm
@blatham,
I don't think that that could be a fair reflection of Trump's first days. How could such a successful businessman be such an incompetent administrative boob?
0 Replies

thack45

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 05:43 pm
@camlok,
It's a true a2k feel good story
0 Replies

camlok

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 05:45 pm
@layman,
Quote:
Of course the cheese-eating Ninth Circus does not even acknowledge the existence of such supreme court decisions.

blatham: You don't really think you can just pass of[f] such an assertion, do you?
0 Replies

camlok

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 06:01 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
In fact the one who looks like a clown is the federal Judge who presumed to judge the legality of the President's order based on his (the judge's) perception of the Presidents supposed intentions, as opposed to what ius actually written in the Executive order, the sections of the constitution addressing the president's powers, and, as well, the text of applicable law passed by the Congress.

I wonder, george, whose perceptions a judge is supposed to use, if not his own?

And I wonder, how you can presume to comment upon a learned judge's decision when you obviously haven't heard arguments or read his decision. I know little snippets work wonders for the conservative brain. That why we have Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck, Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, ... and georgeob1.
camlok

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 06:02 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
It's the tax rate, not the income that matters.

Do explain.
0 Replies

jcboy

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 06:59 pm
I doubt many of them could afford to go anyway!

Conservatives are boycotting Hawaii over Trump's Muslim ban. Hawaiians are fine with that.

Quote:
Hawaiians have one word to say to conservatives threatening to boycott the state: Mahalo.

After a federal judge in Hawaii blocked Trump's second Muslim ban, some conservatives vowed to #BoycottHawaii over its judge's action.

Well, Hawaiians heard that conservatives aren't going to visit, and they had one question: Can you even afford to come to Hawaii?
thack45

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 07:03 pm
@camlok,
camlok wrote:
I wonder, george, whose perceptions a judge is supposed to use, if not his own?

Good question. If their perceptions are of no consequence, then their should be no partisan preferences for one or another
0 Replies

thack45

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 07:05 pm
@jcboy,
I find myself wondering what I could do to get the trumpies to boycott my state..
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 07:05 pm
@jcboy,
Hawaii is very expensive. The reason we can afford to visit for 10 days is because we're staying at my nephew's condo. The first 3 days at the Ala Moana Hotel cost over $500. We stayed there because my brother in law was sick. He's now much better, and even drove us to Pearlridge today.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 07:08 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

I doubt many of them could afford to go anyway!

Really?

Unlike the Lefties who are so happy to give up all their worldly goods to the unfortunate.

This boycott **** was started by the Left and so now it's pay-back.

You, living in FL, may not give a **** but I guarantee you Hawaiian retailers are worried.

Who the hell do your think spends a ton of money visiting Hawaii?

Slacker surfers?

Rich capitalists?
camlok

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 07:14 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
but I guarantee you Hawaiian retailers are worried.

Who the hell do your think spends a ton of money visiting Hawaii?

Slacker surfers?

Rich capitalists?

Slacker surfers aren't such slackers. They have excellent payoffs if they hit the big time, exactly like football, basketball, baseball. Who are you to malign such American standards?

Slacker surfers are also bright enough to know that they shouldn't blame the "state" of Hawaii for the actions of a national/federal judge. Why didn't you figure that out before your knee jerk leap for the conservative bandwagon, upon which you badly bloodied your chin and nose?
0 Replies

RABEL222

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 07:20 pm
@old europe,
Quote:
why don't you take a stab at actually demonstrating your superior knowledge of the American political system? Wouldn't that be fun?

He already has.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 07:29 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
About the "righties."
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/30/political-correctness-how-the-right-invented-phantom-enemy-donald-trump
cicerone imposter

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 07:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Are you one of those waiting for the jobs Trump promised?
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/donald-trump-jobs-economic-plan-228218
0 Replies

thack45

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 07:41 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Is this what Mark levin is peddling tonight? I suppose it's good enough to be believable by the willfully credulous. From what I could tell from, you know, actually being in Hawaii, the big spenders were mainly Japanese. Quite a few Australians as well. I'm sure they're all latched to that same teet though aye?
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 07:55 pm
Jeff Sessions is apparently much stupider than I thought.
Quote:
I reject the idea that America will be a better place if marijuana is sold in every corner store. And I am astonished to hear people suggest that we can solve our heroin crisis by legalizing marijuana — so people can trade one life-wrecking dependency for another that’s only slightly less awful. Our nation needs to say clearly once again that using drugs will destroy your life.
WP
hightor

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 07:59 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
What in the hell does that have to do with him executing the office of the President? I can name several president's starting with LBJ that fill that bill.

You've misunderstood — I'm specifically not commenting on his job performance; I'm just using him to illustrate a stereotypically embarrassing "Ugly American". Get it?

And I'm not holding past or future presidents up as being examples of "Great Americans". I'm just saying Trump's one of the ugly ones.