monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

roger

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 02:55 pm
@Blickers,
You're exactly right. I stand corrected.
0 Replies

giujohn

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 02:56 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Speaker of the House, Paul Ryan reports there is no evidence of wiretapping by the previous administration (or any of its proxies) against Trump. Trump clings to the notion that Trump Towers "wires were tapped", so what else is new?

The report says no evidence of it done at Trump Tower...It was very specific. The server in question wasn't at the Tower. We'll see...More, much more to come.
0 Replies

old europe

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 03:05 pm
I assume Trump supporters will come out to explain how we have to take Trump seriously, but not literally:

Quote:
Spicer says Trump ‘stands by’ unproven allegation that Obama ordered wiretapping of Trump Tower

White House press secretary Sean Spicer said Thursday that President Trump “stands by” his allegation that former president Barack Obama ordered wiretapping surveillance of Trump Tower last fall, despite statements from the leaders of congressional investigations that no evidence had been found to support the claim.

In a remarkably combative exchange with reporters at his daily press briefing, Spicer was asked whether Trump still believes Obama ordered the alleged surveillance effort.

“He stands by it,” Spicer said, going on to assail journalists for the way they have reported on the controversy.

Earlier Thursday, the Republican and Democratic leaders of the Senate Intelligence Committee said their investigation into the matter so far has turned up no evidence that the U.S. government had conducted surveillance on Trump Tower in New York, either before or after the election on Nov. 8, 2016.

“Based on the information available to us, we see no indications that Trump Tower was the subject of surveillance by any element of the United States government either before or after Election Day 2016,” read the statement by Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.), the committee chairman, and Sen. Mark R. Warner (Va.), the committee's ranking Democrat.

[...]
camlok

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 03:44 pm
@layman,
Quote:
The U.S. constitution does not grant the right of freedom of speech, the right to bear arms, the right to assemble, the right to practice the religion of one's choice, the right to due process of law, or any other god-damn right to Syrians, Sudanese, or any other alien in any other country in the world.

And on top of that, the US has never once extended those rights to any of the hundreds of millions it has subjugated, IN OTHER PEOPLES' COUNTRIES, under the myriad brutal, right wing dictators that it has installed, worldwide, despite,

despite its loud and obnoxious crowing and braying about how it advances democracy and freedom around the world.
camlok

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 03:46 pm
@layman,
Quote:
The U.S. constitution does not grant the right of freedom of speech, the right to bear arms, the right to assemble, the right to practice the religion of one's choice, the right to due process of law, or any other god-damn right to Syrians, Sudanese, or any other alien in any other country in the world.

Given your performance, light, I would have to say that you really don't know whether that is true or not, layman.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 03:51 pm
@camlok,
Quote:
And on top of that, the US has never once extended those rights to any of the hundreds of millions it has subjugated, IN OTHER PEOPLES' COUNTRIES, under the myriad brutal, right wing dictators that it has installed, worldwide, despite,

despite its loud and obnoxious crowing and braying about how it advances democracy and freedom around the world.

You do realize that the US Constitution only applies to those inside the US... If other nations want to use our Constitution, they are more than welcome to adapt their version of our founding document and use it as they see fit.
camlok

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 03:57 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
You do realize that the US Constitution only applies to those inside the US.

The, circa, 2.5 million US ex pats are screwed?
camlok

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 03:59 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
If other nations want to use our Constitution

Dictators the world over marvel at the brilliant nature of the grand fraud. Hitler loved the USA and used proven USA plans for genocide.
Baldimo

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 04:03 pm
@camlok,
Quote:
The, circa, 2.5 million US ex pats are screwed?

Pretty much, you no longer fall under the protection of the US Constitution when you are on foreign soil. You can't go to Germany or the UK and demand your rights as an American, just like you can't come to the US and demand your German Constitution as German citizen.

If they want to be protected by the US Constitution, then they should stay in the US.
camlok

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 04:05 pm
@Baldimo,
But the USA scams the ex-pats for their money by taxing them. How come you righties haven't been screaming to the high heavens about that?
Baldimo

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 04:09 pm
@camlok,
Quote:
But the USA scams the ex-pats for their money by taxing them. How come you righties haven't been screaming to the high heavens about that?

Not sure how this is related to Constitutional protections...
thack45

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 04:29 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

You're the kind of person you meet at certain dismal, dull affairs
Center of a crowd, talking much too loud, running up and down the stairs

When you were a child you were treated kind
But you were never brought up right
You were always spoiled with a thousand toys but still you cried all night

You were still in school when you had that fool who really messed your mind
And after that you turned your back on treating people kind

Anthem for snowflakes.

What good fortune! I've found one for the troglodytes. It's super catchy..

Do you get,
Do you get a little kick out of
Being small minded?
You want to be like your father
It's approval your after
Well that's not how you find it

Do you,
Do you really enjoy living a
Life that's so hateful?
Cause there's a hole where
Your soul should be
Your losing control of it and
It's really distasteful

**** you
**** you very, very much
Cause we hate what you do
And we hate your whole crew
So please don't stay in touch

**** you
**** you very, very much
Cause your words don't
Translate and it's getting
Quite late
So please don't stay in touch

**** you, **** you, **** you
**** you, **** you, **** you,
**** you

camlok

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 04:46 pm
@thack45,
Grow up, thack and guijohn.
camlok

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 04:47 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Not sure how this is related to Constitutional protections...

You sure don't have a very good grasp of constitutional theory and practice, Baldimo.
thack45

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 04:54 pm
@camlok,
camlok wrote:

Grow up, thack and guijohn.

No Razz
camlok

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 04:59 pm
@thack45,
I was only joking. I don't request impossible things.
thack45

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 05:02 pm
The trumpies are boycotting Hawaii. I can only hope they still will be in when I head out that way in October
thack45

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 05:05 pm
@camlok,
There is no need to be upset. So it turns out people are terrible. What're ya gonna do
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 05:26 pm
@thack45,
We're in Hawaii now. Went to Pearlridge today to have breakfast with my cousin at Anne Millers. It was nice to spend time with her, because she has such an energetic and outgoing personality. She knows more about our family history than me and my siblings. She's from my aunt's side of the family who married a Hawaiian.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 05:31 pm
@georgeob1,
So glad you and McG remain here.