monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

maporsche

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 10:18 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

I wonder if she was even aware of the tax rates paid by Trump, Obama and Sanders , respectively.

Bernie Sanders and his wife combined made $205,000. That is an upper middle class income.

Obama and Michele combined for $436,065. A bit more upper-upper middle class. They also donated 15% of their income to charity.

To even ATTEMPT to compare tax rates of 3 men, one of whom earned 350x-730x times more money than the other two IS ASSININE.

Is that what you are george?
farmerman

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 10:19 am
@layman,
The problem with the donut eaters is that their entire political beliefs are based on "promises of things to come" and a total denial of things just past.

Political Azheimers.
georgeob1

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 10:19 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
Maggie Haberman‏Verified account
@maggieNYT
Trump visibly frustrated last night over travel ban rejection in Hawaii, staff had assured him this one would hold up.

"You're all making me look like a clown. Me!", he might have said. I wasn't there so I don't know.
If you don't know, why did you put it here and within quotation marks? In fact the one who looks like a clown is the federal Judge who presumed to judge the legality of the President's order based on his (the judge's) perception of the Presidents supposed intentions, as opposed to what ius actually written in the Executive order, the sections of the constitution addressing the president's powers, and, as well, the text of applicable law passed by the Congress.
layman

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 10:20 am
@maporsche,
To even compare a guy who pays $38 MILLION to the U.S Treasury in a single year to some loser who only pays 10-20 thousand is assinine, eh, Ma?

I don't recall the exact numbers, but they're something like this: The government does collect single net cent from all the (majority) of taxpayers who make $56,000 a year or less. Most of those get checks from the goverment come tax return time. They don't "pay" taxes, they merely collect money from those who do.

Without the Donald Trumps of the world, the free-loaders wouldn't have their 3 cars, 48" flat screen TV's, their cozy (government provided) house to live in, copious amounts of alcohol to drink, smoked salmon (bought with food stamps), etc.
Baldimo

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 10:23 am
@revelette1,
It sounds like the govt is offering to buy an easement on the property, not the entire property. If I were them, I'd be more interested in leasing the portion of the property for long term payments. At least they haven't tried to evoke eminent domain.
layman

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 10:31 am
@Baldimo,
Those property owners should pay the government for building a wall, manning it with armed guards, etc., to protect them from the stream of cutthroats who are constantly encroaching and trespassing on their land.

If someone offered to fence in my backyard for free, I wouldn't demand that they pay me to do it, eh?

Not to even mentioned the ton of money they could recoup by selling some of their assault rifles to a pawn shop. Most of them have found it necessary to arm themselves to the teeth for self-protection, ya know?
0 Replies

revelette1

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 10:32 am
I am just going to say it, I hate this guy, this horrible president people voted for. I read over the list of the programs cut, the worst are the ones affecting low income/and elderly persons. He is sick and anyone supporting him sick too and I don't care if I do get banned from this site for saying it.

I will have to pray to get the hate out of my heart, but, it is going to be hard.
layman

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 10:38 am
@layman,
Quote:
The government does collect single net cent from all the (majority) of taxpayers who make $56,000 a year or less.

Oops. Left out the word NOT, after "does," eh?
0 Replies

Olivier5

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 10:38 am
@revelette1,
The problem is deeper than just Trump, so yes, hatred won't help.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't cry too long if the guy was flatten by a bulldozer or dumped in a trash collector, but it's not going to solve much.
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 10:40 am
@georgeob1,
why side with Trump just because you are conservative. Its an example of political ineptitude on his behalf. Had he not opnd his bigass mouth at the very start to assert that he would "keep all Muslims outta the US" Im sure he wouldnt be faced with the "unfortunate limitations placed upon him by the US Constitution". You can blame a judge all you wish but the entirety falls upon his head for not shutting- the- ****- up when that would be the most expedient path.
His regime is covered with velcro and glauconite, everything he sez he adsorbs or he gets stuck with it. I think he needs some major coaching.
layman

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 10:40 am
@layman,
Quote:
Without the Donald Trumps of the world, the free-loaders wouldn't have their 3 cars, 48" flat screen TV's, their cozy (government provided) house to live in, copious amounts of alcohol to drink, smoked salmon (bought with food stamps), etc.

Do they show any gratitude, though? Hell no, they just bitch constantly that guys like Trump don't give them more.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 10:45 am
@maporsche,
Quote:
Bernie Sanders and his wife combined made $205,000. That is an upper middle class income.

How do you afford 3 houses on $200k a year, let along a house on a lake?

Quote:
Obama and Michele combined for $436,065. A bit more upper-upper middle class. They also donated 15% of their income to charity.

What was their tax rate? You guys are obsessed with tax rates... How much did they pay in taxes. That $436k seems to be a little short for income, his salary alone was $400k, his books and investments didn't earn him anything?

Quote:
To even ATTEMPT to compare tax rates of 3 men, one of whom earned 350x-730x times more money than the other two IS ASSININE.

Warren Buffet made it ok, you guys with your "pay their fair share" made it ok to compare who pays what in taxes. Don't get mad at the comparison game because it makes your liberal hero's look bad.
layman

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 10:48 am
@Baldimo,
Not to mention that $38 million is just a fraction of the taxes Trump paid, eh? He also paid tens of millions in state taxes, real estate taxes (to build roads, schools, etc.) sales taxes, payroll taxes, real estate transfer taxes, etc.

If Trump doesn't pay every last cent he earns to the government, the cheese-eaters will claim they're getting ripped-off, eh?
0 Replies

georgeob1

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 10:50 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

georgeob1 wrote:

I wonder if she was even aware of the tax rates paid by Trump, Obama and Sanders , respectively.

Is that what you are george?

The word is spelled with one "s" . What is truly asinine here is your breathless indignation and exaggerated refusal to deal with the facts. The tax rates paid by both Sanders and Obama were both unusually low for their income brackets. ( I paid a 30% rate) Trump's return showed some business losses as well as depreciation of commercial property - common stuff for entrepreneurs with large holdings and operations, and his actual tax rate, though a good deal lower than the marginal rate on the last dollar earned, (as were those of both Obama and Sanders) was more typical of his reporting class than were theirs.
0 Replies

giujohn

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 10:53 am
@farmerman,
Go ahead and live in the past I prefer to have hope for the future
0 Replies

layman

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 10:55 am
As long as there are pathetic, petty, envious losers, the commie-ass notion of what's "only fair and right" will thrive.

What's fair is that you give what you earn to me, while I drink and chase women, cancha see?

Blood sucking commies are just tapeworms in semi-human form, ya know?
0 Replies

giujohn

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 10:58 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

I am just going to say it, I hate this guy, this horrible president people voted for. I read over the list of the programs cut, the worst are the ones affecting low income/and elderly persons. He is sick and anyone supporting him sick too and I don't care if I do get banned from this site for saying it.

I will have to pray to get the hate out of my heart, but, it is going to be hard.

I rest my case.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 11:00 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
In fact the one who looks like a clown is the federal Judge who presumed to judge the legality of the President's order based on his (the judge's) perception of the Presidents supposed intentions, as opposed to what ius actually written in the Executive order, the sections of the constitution addressing the president's powers, and, as well, the text of applicable law passed by the Congress.

The President says, numerous time while campaigning, "I'll tell you what I'm going to do. I'm going to stop every Jew who tries to get into this country. Every single one. Believe me."

He win's the election and passes an Exec Order or which orders that anyone trying to enter the country who is in possession of a prayer shawl will be refused entry. The EO states clearly that this is not motivated by ethnic nor religious considerations, but merely because illegal weapons and contraband can be brought into the nation hidden in prayer shawls. This EO is for national security. The EO is reviewed by courts and the judges, most inappropriately and irrationally, cite the President's own earlier statements.

Those judges seemed to imagine they could determine the President's intentions from what he had said/promised many times. There's no justification for such judicial activism.
layman

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 11:01 am
Trump's tax return shows that he checked "yes" when asked if he wanted $3 of his money to go toward financing presidential elections.

All a self-serving money grab, because he knew he would get part of his $3 back 11 years later when he ran for office, obviously.
layman

Thu 16 Mar, 2017 11:06 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Those judges seemed to imagine they could determine the President's intentions from what he had said/promised many times. There's no justification for such judicial activism.

These so-called "judges" imagine that their partisan desires give them the right to act as president, eh? There's nothing in the constitution that says you can't "discriminate" against classes of would-be immigrants. It is in fact the president's job to discriminate.
0 Replies