monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

blatham

Tue 14 Mar, 2017 05:58 pm
Quote:
Close Trump friend says ditch Paul Ryan's plan and embrace universal health care

A key Trump friend and ally is urging the president to dump Paul Ryan’s Affordable Health Care Act and embrace something that sounds sort of like a lightweight version of a single-payer health care system. Christopher Ruddy, CEO of the conservative Newsmax brand, isn’t normally considered a major thought leader on policy issues, but he is a longtime friend of Trump’s, and counts as one of a relatively small number of conservative players who have closer ties to Trump than to congressional Republican leaders.

And he is warning loud and clear that Trump “could inherit the bad political baggage of both Obamacare and the House Republicans” if he insists on going along with Ryan’s version of repealing and replacing Obamacare.

Instead, Ruddy puts forward the rather radical notion that Trump should attempt to live up to his campaign promises on health care rather than signing on to legislation that betrays them all. To do it, he encourages Trump to ditch his effort to court the Freedom Caucus and instead come up with a bipartisan plan that accepts a large government role in providing insurance coverage.
Vox

What do you think, boys and girls? Is he man enough?
camlok

@Baldimo,
Run for office, Baldimo, and get things fixed.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

@maporsche,
http://money.cnn.com/2015/03/23/news/economy/obamacare-birthday/
How ACA helped.
0 Replies

camlok

Tue 14 Mar, 2017 06:08 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
The very fact you can't accept that 9-11 was committed by Muslim terrorists proves we won't even come close to having a reasonable discussion, but we can try.

Obama is no different than any other president. He too is a war criminal/terrorist. It's in their blood. Over 90% of your years as a "country" have been at war. Tells you all, Baldimo.

Science simply does not support that erroneous conclusion, Baldimo.

The lead prof in the UofA-F study says, WTC7 was built asymmetrically, strong on one side than the other. The result, he emphasized was that WTC7 could not have fallen symmetrically because of this asymmetrical build. The only way it could have come down like it did was if "it was forced to come down like it did".

That means controlled demolition, which obviously is not something that the alleged hijackers could have done.

Note that you, no one, even the scientist, has provided anything to prove this false. The end, she is acomin'.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 14 Mar, 2017 06:20 pm
Look, I confess that I am presently suffering some rather acute confusion and I may need the help of you folks here. This is the dilemma...

On one hand, it doesn't really matter where one turns. One can go to British media or Canadian media or to most any large paper in America or to reporters and analysts working at the big web sites and what we find is an absolute avalanche of negative reporting and commentary about Trump, his administration and what's gone on over the last 60 days or so. My posts here which quote and link to such reporting/commentary are not appreciated by McG, georgeob, Finn and some others whose voice I only sometimes dimly here as they yell from the cave where they live.

And one can sort of understand where these folks are coming from. This avalanche of negatives is really unprecedented. Other than when Nixon was in the midst of his Watergate related travails have I seen anything quite like this.

So that's half the problem. The other half is this...

We know, because it is an absolute given, that Trump is a genius at manipulating the media. Perhaps you can see the source of my confusion.

Is there help available from anyone?
blatham

Tue 14 Mar, 2017 06:24 pm
What happens when you effectively turn government over to the petro-chemical industries, the most wealthy and powerful in the history of us.
Quote:
The Environmental Protection Agency isn’t fighting the White House’s initial budget that proposes to cut the agency’s budget by about $2 billion — or roughly 25% — and reduce the agency’s workforce by roughly 3,000 employees.

Climate change programs would be gutted under the proposal and the workforce attached to these programs would be cleared out of the agency — in line with the aggressive vision of EPA transition head Myron Ebell.

The Trump Administration, in fact, is now discussing making even deeper cuts to the EPA, according to a source privy to the White House’s internal deliberations. Senior Trump officials consider the EPA the leading edge of the administration’s plans to deconstruct the administrative state.
Axios

And you know, this might be just the right time to refer once again to one of Americas great songwriters and composers, Mr Randy Newman. "Burn On". Great song. Performed here in Berlin in '94.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtW8RkI3-c4
cicerone imposter

Tue 14 Mar, 2017 06:27 pm
@blatham,
Trump is also a genius at attracting many like Georgeob1 and McG.
I don't understand it, because Trump is a racial bigot, liar and scammer of many. He even paid his personal legal fees from his charitable foundation.
Builder

Tue 14 Mar, 2017 06:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
He even paid his personal legal fees from his charitable foundation.

Really? How's that Clinton foundation going?

Still pretending to help people?
cicerone imposter

Tue 14 Mar, 2017 06:30 pm
@Builder,
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/politics/trump-used-258000-from-his-charity-to-settle-legal-problems/2016/09/20/adc88f9c-7d11-11e6-ac8e-cf8e0dd91dc7_story.html
Trump's racial bigotry. http://m.huffpost.com/us/vertical/world
Trump's lies. http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/
Trump's scams. https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/94068946/
Why don't you provide info on the Clintons. Please.
Builder

Tue 14 Mar, 2017 06:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
The Clinton Global Initiative, which is an initiative of the Clinton Foundation, is expected to cease operations on April 15 — according to a noticed filed with the New York State Department of Labor. The notice, which is dated January 12, also announced the termination of 22 employees within The Clinton Global Initiative. According to reports, the Initiative began faltering amid accusations of impropriety.

source
cicerone imposter

Tue 14 Mar, 2017 06:39 pm
@Builder,
That takes nothing away from Trump.
Since you seem to know so much about the Clinton Foundation, why don't you spell it out for us what the "improprieties" were.
There are other crooks in the world. So what, when I'm talking about our president.

I had thought that in this day and age, we would have outgrown a racial bigot being elected our president. Obviously, I'm wrong.
Builder

Tue 14 Mar, 2017 06:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Would there be a point to that, C I?

The pedogate exposure interests me more than the folding of the C F.
hightor

Tue 14 Mar, 2017 06:45 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
You can repeat fake news every day until the sun goes down and that will never make it true.

But McGentrix, this isn't "fake news". It's factual. You may disagree with their interpretation but it's an editorial, an opinion piece:

Quote:
Older people would be hard hit. The Republican plan repeals the penalty for not buying insurance. One predictable result of this change is that premiums will rise as younger, healthier people refuse to buy insurance. To hold down the cost of average premiums, the proposal would allow insurers to charge five times more for older enrollees than younger ones, rather than three times, as permitted under Obamacare. The outcome would be reduced premiums for young adults, essentially paid for by charging substantially higher premiums for older people — and higher deductibles and other cost-sharing for everyone.

At the same time, the plan provides a $600 billion tax cut over 10 years for wealthy Americans, because they would no longer be subject to the taxes that pay for the health care subsidies. When the tax cuts for the rich and the spending cuts to Medicaid are combined, they would result in deficit reduction of $337 billion by 2026. That’s a small fraction of the national debt in exchange for an enormous amount of human misery.
Quote:

What's made up here? What "alternative facts" is it presenting? How is it "fake news"?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 14 Mar, 2017 07:02 pm
@Builder,
Charity Navigator gives the Clinton Foundation 4 out of 4 stars.
https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=16680

Where do you get your info? Trump tower?
Builder

Tue 14 Mar, 2017 07:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Charity Navigator gives the Clinton Foundation 4 out of 4 stars.

Based on data from 2015. It's no secret that the CF is shutting shop, C I.
0 Replies

maporsche

Tue 14 Mar, 2017 07:06 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

maporsche wrote:

Yes. I've been very busy.

How many have you spoken with who don't want health insurance (if they didn't have to pay for it)

Only one and he was very happy with the changes.

Which ones in particular and why?
0 Replies

maporsche

Tue 14 Mar, 2017 07:08 pm
@blatham,
It would be simply amazing if he were able to do this. I would seriously consider him in 2020 if he could manage something like this.
maporsche

Tue 14 Mar, 2017 07:09 pm
@blatham,
I don't offer any help, but I appreciate the stuff you bring to the forum.
glitterbag

Tue 14 Mar, 2017 07:18 pm
@blatham,
These are unprecedented times for the US and many other countries. You have been mocked for gathering information from various sources and sharing those articles here. It reminds me of adolescents who bray 'I guess you think you're smarter than me" or " you and your showoff 50 cent words".

I need to pass on a full answer/comment until late tomorrow. Had a bunch of tests performed at the hospital today and I'm too tired to adequately gather my thoughts. You brought up an important point, and the wheels are creaking loudly in my head. Just need some uninterrupted sleep, and a good cup of coffee in the morning.

layman

Tue 14 Mar, 2017 08:05 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

It was bullshit indeed !

It's truly remarkable to note how slavishly the supposedly anti- authoritarian progressive believers among us bow down to academic titles and Nobel prizes, without regard to real merit. Evidently they are natural "members of the herd", following the cow with the bell, however the bell may sound. This also fits the pattern of blatham's equally slavish attention to liberal; media and the various blogs and magazines from which he gets most of his pasted material. Natural born followers all. It is also interesting to note that most of their criticisms of their political opponents involves citing failures to conform to the various doctrines of group think to which they so incessantly affirm their loyalty. Freedom, individuality and independent thought are their enemies.

Exactly, George. Without their doctrinaire gospel to spout, these cheese-eaters would be at a loss to say anything.

I wouldn't go so far as to say they wouldn't know what to "think," because thinking plays no role in their existence. That aint what they're about.

0 Replies