Some people care, osso.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 13 Mar, 2017 05:05 pm
Quote:
Joe Scarborough‏Verified account @JoeNBC 19m19 minutes ago
Trumpcare:

1. Leaves 24 million uninsured
2. Spends saved money on tax cuts for the rich.

This is populism??

That was the con. The only honest aspect of his populism was the gross appeal to bigotry of the sort his base had been primed for over decades.
blatham

Mon 13 Mar, 2017 05:11 pm
Quote:
Over the weekend, Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa ) tweeted that Dutch far-right nationalist Geert Wilders has been right in saying that “culture and demographics are our destiny,” adding that “we can’t restore our civilization with somebody else’s babies.”

As Sarah Posner reports, an interview of King by Steve Bannon in Nov 2015, King made nearly identical comments. In that interview, Bannon praised King
Quote:
“a great mentor to all of us and a great friend of the site, and a true warrior.”
WP
0 Replies

McGentrix

Mon 13 Mar, 2017 05:12 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
Joe Scarborough‏Verified account @JoeNBC 19m19 minutes ago
Trumpcare:

1. Leaves 24 million uninsured
2. Spends saved money on tax cuts for the rich.

This is populism??

That was the con. The only honest aspect of his populism was the gross appeal to bigotry of the sort his base had been primed for over decades.

I didn't see it, Why will 24 million be uninsured?
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 13 Mar, 2017 05:15 pm
Quote:
Here, in short, is what the AHCA does. The bill guts Medicaid, halves the value of Obamacare’s insurance subsidies, and allows insurers to charge older Americans 500 percent more than they charge young Americans.

Then it takes the subsidies that are left and reworks them to be worth less to the poor and the old, takes the insurers that are left and lets them change their plans to cover fewer medical expenses for the sick, and rewrites the tax code to offer hundreds of billions of dollars in tax cuts to the rich. As Dylan Matthews writes, it is an act of class warfare by the rich against the poor.

The result isn’t just 24 million fewer people with insurance: Of those who remain insured, the pool is tilted toward younger, healthier people who need help less, because many of the older, poorer people who need the most help can no longer afford insurance. As German Lopez notes, a 64-year-old making $26,500 would see his premiums rise by 750 percent. 750 percent! And with that 64-year-old gone, premiums are a little bit lower, because the pool is a little bit younger.
Vox
jcboy

Mon 13 Mar, 2017 05:32 pm
Is it possible she is even dumber than Sarah Palin? Microwaves that turn into cameras? Razz

Trump advisor Kellyanne Conway mocked for spy 'microwaves' claims
jcboy

Mon 13 Mar, 2017 05:41 pm
@jcboy,
And don't forget the rate increase for those who don't. Pitiful excuse for human beings, the lot of them are!

24 Million People Will Lose Insurance Thanks to Trumpcare

Quote:
It's even worse than anyone had expected. On Monday, the Congressional Budget Office released its report analyzing the GOP's plan to repeal and replace Obamacare, and it offers a bleak picture for the future for of access to health insurance for the country. The CBO predicts that, if the GOP's plan becomes law, 14 million fewer people would have health insurance next year than would under Obamacare.

The projection gets even gloomier over the next decade. According to the CBO, the GOP plan would leave 24 million additional people without health insurance by 2026, compared to current law. That would leave 52 million people without insurance by 2026.

http://www.motherjones.com/files/imagecache/top-of-content-image/trump_37.jpg
0 Replies

McGentrix

Mon 13 Mar, 2017 06:05 pm
@blatham,
Holy ****, you fuckers had me going with your doom and gloom projections. All the media is ablaze with how 24 MILLION WILL BE WITHOUT HEALTH INSURANCE!

Did any of you bother to even read the thing? If this is not fake news then nothing ever has been or ever will be.

Quote:
CBO and JCT estimate that, in 2018, 14 million more people would be uninsured under the legislation than under current law. Most of that increase would stem from repealing the penalties associated with the individual mandate. Some of those people would choose not to have insurance because they chose to be covered by insurance under current law only to avoid paying the penalties, and some people would forgo insurance in response to higher
premiums.

Later, following additional changes to subsidies for insurance purchased in the nongroup market and to the Medicaid program, the increase in the number of uninsured people relative to the number under current law would rise to 21 million in 2020 and then to 24 million in 2026. The eductions in insurance coverage between 2018 and 2026 would stem in large part from changes in Medicaid enrollment—because some states would discontinue their expansion of eligibility, some states that would have expanded eligibility
in the future would choose not to do so, and per-enrollee spending in the program would be capped. In 2026, an estimated 52 million people would be uninsured, compared with 28 million who would lack insurance that year under current law

14 million more people would be uninsured under the legislation than under current law. Most of that increase would stem from repealing the penalties associated with the individual mandate.

I think it was Layman earlier who asked if not buying insurance is the same as losing it? You guys kill me with your shitty fake news.
farmerman

Mon 13 Mar, 2017 06:09 pm
@McGentrix,
always look for the spin.
**** the people what do they matter eh?
McGentrix

Mon 13 Mar, 2017 06:13 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

You mean the ones that don't WANT to pay for insurance or pay a fine, er I mean tax, er, I mean fee for not buying insurance?

Do you think Americans shouldn't be FREE to make choices like that for themselves?
camlok

Mon 13 Mar, 2017 06:23 pm
@McGentrix,
US presidents lie? I'm gobsmacked.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 13 Mar, 2017 06:29 pm
@jcboy,
No, Conway is not stupid. She's in a near impossible situation where she has to lie for her boss constantly. In this case, to try and cover up his idiotic "Obama wire tapped me" claim (which he apparently was "informed" about from Breitbart or Drudge). So in spinning her webs, she got lost and riffed about espionage tech suggesting maybe those technologies might have been used because ya never know with Obama. Now, she's saying she was just talking spying stuff but no connection to Obama - but that was exactly the context. She isn't stupid. She just sold her soul for status or money, god knows.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 13 Mar, 2017 06:33 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
shitty fake news.

Hang on to that one. You are going to need it quite desperately.
blatham

Mon 13 Mar, 2017 06:58 pm
This guy is a psychopath.
Quote:
Former Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) slammed the Congressional Budget Office's (CBO) scoring of Republican health care legislation, calling it "disgustingly wrong" and recommending that the office be abolished.

"They should abolish the Congressional Budget Office. It is corrupt. It is dishonest. It was totally wrong on ObamaCare by huge, huge margins," Gingrich said to Fox's Martha MacCallum on "The First 100 Days
.The Hill

Quote:
Presidential candidate Newt Gingrich in 1999 asked his second wife for an “open marriage” or a divorce at the same time he was giving speeches around the country on family and religious values, his former wife, Marianne, said Thursday.

In an interview with The Washington Post, Marianne Gingrich said her former husband called her on May 10, 1999, as she was having dinner with her 84-year-old mother and said, “I want a divorce.”

“Is there anybody else?” Marianne Gingrich recalled saying. “He was quiet. Within two seconds, when he didn’t immediately answer, I knew.”

Two days later, Newt Gingrich gave a speech at a conference titled “The Demise of American Culture” sponsored by the Republican Women Leaders Forum in Erie, Pa. Gingrich extolled the virtues of the Founding Fathers and criticized liberal politicians for supporting tax increases, which he said hurt families and children. In the speech, which was televised on C-SPAN, he spoke often of God, families and values.

“When a liberal talks about values, will he or she actually like us to teach American history?” Gingrich told the women’s group. “Will they actually like young people to learn that George Washington was an ethical man? A man of standards, a man who earned the right to be father of this country?”
WP
0 Replies

thack45

Mon 13 Mar, 2017 07:26 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

farmerman wrote:

You mean the ones that don't WANT to pay for insurance or pay a fine, er I mean tax, er, I mean fee for not buying insurance?

Do you think Americans shouldn't be FREE to make choices like that for themselves?

Yeah.. those ones. Think of it as a sin tax
0 Replies

McGentrix

Mon 13 Mar, 2017 07:26 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
shitty fake news.

Hang on to that one. You are going to need it quite desperately.

Desperate? Nah. I call it like I see it.

I see 14 million people being forced to pay for something they neither want nor need. Now using those 14 million people as a foil to say that "14 million will lose their health insurance!!" when they din't want it to begin with is fake news.

You say you study the media, how is that not fake news?
blatham

Mon 13 Mar, 2017 08:41 pm
Quote:
Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
I was the first & only potential GOP candidate to state there will be no cuts to Social Security, Medicare & Medicaid. Huckabee copied me.
8:38 AM - 7 May 2015
0 Replies

Blickers

Mon 13 Mar, 2017 09:30 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote McGentrix:
Quote:
I see 14 million people being forced to pay for something they neither want nor need. Now using those 14 million people as a foil to say that "14 million will lose their health insurance!!" when they din't want it to begin with is fake news.

How do you know the 14 Million didn't want the health insurance? Where do you get your figures from?
roger

Mon 13 Mar, 2017 10:39 pm
@Blickers,
I don't know the numbers, but there are a bunch of people that opted for insurance only because of the penalties.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Mon 13 Mar, 2017 11:11 pm
Anthony Bourdain on Trump:

http://www.esquire.com/food-drink/food/news/a52676/anthony-bourdain-donald-trump-chopsticks/

A clip/Esquire: (he talked re an Obama segment first)

But Bourdain said he would never film a similar segment with Trump, because not only does he not approve of him as a person, but also he assumes the president doesn't care much for food at all.

I'm open to sitting down with anyone who's nice to me. I've sat down with everyone from Ted Nugent, [to the] former chief of counterintelligence for the KGB, Hezbollah, you know, people who I disagree with on many, if not every, fundamental issue. But I have no expectation—I just find him personally objectionable. I don't think he likes food, and from people I know who have had to endure dinner with him, if you enjoy sitting there listen to him talk about himself, great, God bless you. And you know, the man, he only eats steak well-done, and if he knows how to use chopsticks, much less able to grasp them with those tiny little nubbins, I'd be shocked.
end/clip

A video of about 8 minutes follows; see link above.

Bourdain can be a meanie. I've liked him since I first read Kitchen Confidential around the time the book came out, and still do.