likely to go rogue.

But, again, these are unusual times.
layman

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 02:54 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Details shmetails. Honesty shmonesty.
Quote:
Trump contributed another $10 million to his presidential campaign in the closing days of the election, bringing his total investment in the race to $66.1 million, new filings confirm.
In television appearances and rallies, Trump often cited a $100 million figure as the level of his personal investment in the campaign.
USA Today

Yeah, contributing $66 million of his own money, and refusing to take the $450,000 presidential salary, proves he'a a lying criminal who's only out to enrich himself, eh?

He's probably including the $34 million-plus that he could have made in the private sector if he had just tended to his own private affairs for the last year and half. Wutta liar, eh?
0 Replies

layman

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 02:56 pm
@George,
George wrote:

layman wrote:
. . . You think "no man can be bought," that your premise?
No. Why would you think that?

So what is your premise, eh, G?
giujohn

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 03:04 pm
@George,
George wrote:

giujohn wrote:
There are many who believe that there is s movement under foot whereby
the electors will give it to Hillary.
I seriously doubt whether many people truly believe this.

But, at this point, I can believe that some do.

I think they are out there and the few that are believe that are many many more, wouldn't be surprised if some in this forum or among them... And I was just looking for an opportunity to get rid of a couple LOL... Just hoping one of them took the bait.
0 Replies

George

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 03:05 pm
@George,
I think the fellow you mean is Christopher Suprun, a Texas elector.

Texas has no law to require an electors to vote for the candidate who won
that state.
layman

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 03:07 pm
@George,
George wrote:

I think the fellow you mean is Christopher Suprun, a Texas elector.

Texas has no law to require an electors to vote for the candidate who won
that state.

Well, it aint illegal, so **** democracy and the will of the people who voted, eh? A true hero of the degenerate left wing, who incessantly whines about the popular vote, sho nuff.
0 Replies

George

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 03:08 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:
. . . So what is your premise, eh, G?
That a massive bribery attempt to turn nearly forty electors faithless is very
hard to believe. So much so that I would not take the suggestion seriously if
were offered by a reasonable person.
blatham

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 03:11 pm
Holy ****. I mean, dear sweet jesus.

From the Time interview with Trump in the recent person of the year award issue:
Quote:
“What amazes a lot of people is that I’m sitting in an apartment the likes of which nobody’s ever seen. And yet I represent the workers of the
world.”

Donald Trump, tribune of the workers. And not just the workers of the US but of the whole world.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 03:11 pm
@revelette1,
Poopity head is also an a2k favorite. Dyslexia (Bob) haloed people he actually liked a lot with that anointment.

In my circle years earlier, it was 'shithead', a word that varied in meaning but was sometimes fond.
0 Replies

layman

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 03:12 pm
@George,
George wrote:

layman wrote:
. . . So what is your premise, eh, G?
That a massive bribery attempt to turn nearly forty electors faithless is very
hard to believe. So much so that I would not take the suggestion seriously if
were offered by a reasonable person.

It aint gunna work, but are you seriously suggesting that the Democrats wouldn't do it if they thought they could get away with it? It works with thousands of lobbyists running all over Washington carrying satchels of cash, so maybe here, too, eh?

There's a reason why a lot of people get filthy rich while "serving" in congress.
ossobucotemp

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 03:17 pm
@George,
giujohn did the same to bobsal, a principled person I miss.

George

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 03:24 pm
@layman,
Yes, I am seriously suggesting the Democrats wouldn't do it even if they
thought they could get away with it.

Neither would the Republicans.

Nor the Libertarians.

Nor the Green Party.

Nor the Girl Scouts.
0 Replies

giujohn

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 03:27 pm
Principaled? Bobsal? My ass. All he did was clog up threads with vacuous and tediously long cut and paste stories trying to put cops in a bad light...Stemming from I suspect was a negative encounter with a cop whenever he was busted.
blatham

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 03:27 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
Re: George (Post 6319226)
giujohn did the same to bobsal, a principled person I miss.

pssst... the ignore function is your friend
giujohn

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 03:29 pm
Oh how I wish... how I wish.
0 Replies

layman

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 03:29 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Principaled? My ass. All he did was clogup threads with vacuous and tediously long cut and paste stories trying to put cops in a bad light. Stemming from a suspect was a negative encounter with a cop whenever he was busted.

Unless, of course, the cops in question gunned down a member of the "hill-billy taliban," eh? Then the "great judgment" and virtuousness of the cops couldn't possibly be questioned.

Go figure, eh?
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 03:31 pm
Baby Jesus is safe now! Gloria in Excelius Deo
Quote:
“You can say again ‘merry Christmas’ because Donald Trump is now [sic] the president,” Corey Lewandowski, a former Trump campaign manager, said on “Hannity” Tuesday evening. “You can say it again. It’s OK to say.”

Donald Trump, blessed be his name, and his Generals have done it! The War on Christmas has been won. Mission Accomplished!
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 03:33 pm
@blatham,
Yes, I've never read him past the first bunch of posts. People insist on quoting.
You think I don't know about Ignore?

I am not stupid, though I dally with it on occasion, as you have observed, smile.

Bobsal matters to me, and they had a bet that bobsal stuck to. I'd like to release him from it.
It was like a bet with a balloon.
georgeob1

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 03:51 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
Significantly there is no factual data in it comparing the charter schools operating in Michigan with their Public School counterparts. This data is readily available, and it shows that the charter schools do significantly better.

Your data will be forthcoming? With sources linked? That would be swell.

Do your own research - You are the one who made the original assertion and provided no back up of any kind - correction, the opinion piece you referenced contained an affirmation that the trajectory of performance of Michigan Schools had not improved, despite the presence of some charter schools, and very deceptively used that as inferring that it was the charter schools that had dragged the measures down. The illogic of that assertion is quite obvious.
blatham

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 04:06 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
Yes, I've never read him past the first bunch of posts. People insist on quoting.
You think I don't know about Ignore?

Sorry babe. It was directed at george. Some folks feel awkward about putting others on ignore. My years helping Greg Sargent build a worthwhile comment community disabused me of any such awkwardness.