monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

giujohn

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 12:56 pm
@farmerman,
Yes I do. If you're stupid enough to accept fake news and let it influence your vote it doesn't bother me in the least.
revelette1

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 12:59 pm
@farmerman,
He is a big con, I think he is secretly laughing at all those who he led with "lock her up" at his rallies. Someone once said Trump ain't no chump, I was thinking, yeah, you're sure right about that.

Well, I am not as sophisticated, I'll take Provolone and turkey sandwich.
0 Replies

layman

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 12:59 pm
@giujohn,
"The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.” (Winston Churchill)
0 Replies

farmerman

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 01:01 pm
@giujohn,
think think think
giujohn

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 01:11 pm
@farmerman,
Physician heal thyself
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 01:58 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Significantly there is no factual data in it comparing the charter schools operating in Michigan with their Public School counterparts. This data is readily available, and it shows that the charter schools do significantly better.

Your data will be forthcoming? With sources linked? That would be swell.
cicerone imposter

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 02:03 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
@giujohn,
think think think

I don't think he's capable.
0 Replies

layman

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 02:03 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
Significantly there is no factual data in it comparing the charter schools operating in Michigan with their Public School counterparts. This data is readily available, and it shows that the charter schools do significantly better.

Your data will be forthcoming? With sources linked? That would be swell.

That's done been done. Long ago. But, of course, you ignore posts made by posters who dispute your commie-ass rhetoric, so you wouldn't know, eh?
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 02:29 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Who is "our" in this crap ? For whom do you presume to be soeaking here? All of the people of Vancouver? Perhaps all of the people of British Columbia? Possaibly even Canada?

This is a particular protest which you have recently found felicitous. And knowing you, as I have for many years, I'm certain (in the Trump sense of that word) that you will, even without urging from me, be apportioning part of your attention to reflecting upon why this recent arrival is a recent arrival. Let me see what I can do to aid you in your buddhist-like mindfulness quest.

As I noted earlier this morning, our friend Bannon has extended Breitbart's presence into Britain where he/it worked to the ends of certain right wing goals, like forwarding the Brexit vote and like supporting far right Brit political candidates.

As I also noted, he/it are now moving to extend their operations into at least two European countries. And again, the goal is to support far right candidates and policies there.

I pointed out that there is a hump-in-the-dollars motivation in this but clearly such politics extended into other nations is a key goal of the man and the enterprise.

I'm going to make a stab in the dark here and surmise that you haven't been posting over at Breitbart on the inappropriateness of Bannon poking his oddly blotchy nose into the affairs of those nations. We (the royal or internationalist "we") haven't seen such comment here from you though I might have missed it.

Add to that curiosity the real world fact that what Bannon is and will be up to is going to be far more consequential than this Campbell River fellow posting commentary on the thread which has about the same participation level as Tuesday night bingo at the Legion Hall.

Let me leave you in peace now so that you have the space to ommmmmmmmm your way to clarity and equanimity.
Frugal1

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 02:33 pm
@blatham,
Sounds like you are suffering from maple fever...
0 Replies

George

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 02:38 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:
There are many who believe that there is s movement under foot whereby
the electors will give it to Hillary.
I seriously doubt whether many people truly believe this.

But, at this point, I can believe that some do.
blatham

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 02:40 pm
Oh heck. Let's give Donald a chance. He can't be less honest than Clinton, god knows that's a certainty.

Here's what Trump said during the primaries about Cruz:
Quote:
“Is Cruz honest? He is in bed w/ Wall St. & is funded by Goldman Sachs. Goldman Sachs owns [Cruz], he will do anything they demand. Not much of a reformer!”

In reference to the speech Hillary once gave to Goldman Sachs, Trump said that this banking entity had "total control" over her.

And now we have not just Bannon but Mnuchin up top in Trump world but also Gary Cohn, president of Goldman Sachs, offered the position of head of the NEC.

Draining the swamp is clearly what's going on in this administration. Honest. It's incredible the swamp draining that's going on. Believe me. And if anyone says, "Uh...bait and switch?" lock the bastard up.
0 Replies

layman

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 02:41 pm
@George,
George wrote:
But, at this point, I can believe that some do.

It's going to cost them a lot of bribery money, sure, but Soros, et al have virtually bottomless pocketbooks, so.....
George

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 02:42 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:
. . . It's going to cost them a lot of bribery money, sure, but Soros, et al
have virtually bottomless pocketbooks, so.....
Please tell me you're joking.
layman

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 02:46 pm
@George,
George wrote:

layman wrote:
. . . It's going to cost them a lot of bribery money, sure, but Soros, et al
have virtually bottomless pocketbooks, so.....
Please tell me you're joking.

You think "no man can be bought," that your premise?
McGentrix

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 02:47 pm
@George,
There was some dumb ass in Florida or Texas, I don't recall which, that has stated that he will not vote for Trump. I am not sure that admissions like that are or aren't an automatic reason to lose your position as an elector. It's mostly a celebratory thing isn't it?
George

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 02:49 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:
. . . You think "no man can be bought," that your premise?
No. Why would you think that?
blatham

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 02:49 pm
Details shmetails. Honesty shmonesty.
Quote:
Trump contributed another $10 million to his presidential campaign in the closing days of the election, bringing his total investment in the race to $66.1 million, new filings confirm.
In television appearances and rallies, Trump often cited a $100 million figure as the level of his personal investment in the campaign.
USA Today

More details shmetails:
Quote:
The time had come to fire Khloé Kardashian. But first, Donald Trump had a question.

“What’s your charity?” Trump asked.

They were filming “The Celebrity Apprentice,” the reality-TV show where Trump schooled the faded and the semi-famous in the arts of advertising, salesmanship and workplace in­fighting. Most weeks, one winner got prize money for charity. One loser got fired.

Kardashian told Trump that she was playing for the Brent Shapiro Foundation, which helps teens stay away from alcohol and drugs.

Trump had a pleasant surprise. Although Kardashian could not win any more prize money, he would give her cause a special, personal donation. Not the show’s money. His own money.

“I’m going to give $20,000 to your charity,” Trump said, according to a transcript of that show.

He didn’t.

After the show aired in 2009, Kardashian’s charity did receive $20,000. But it wasn’t from Trump. Instead, the check came from a TV production company, the same one that paid out the show’s official prizes.
Lying liberal media outlet
Frugal1

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 02:51 pm
Trump's mandate is enforcing this countries immigration laws & policies, everything else is secondary.
0 Replies

layman

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 02:52 pm
@McGentrix,
Yeah, Gent, some perv who claims he's doing the "moral thing"---the omnipresent calling card of the cheese-eaters. Which, of course, implies that anyone honoring their solemn commitment to honor democracy and vote as directed by the general populace is "immoral." Again, spoken like a true cheese-eater. He's probably received his payoff already, so now he can afford to be "moral."
0 Replies