monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

gungasnake

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 10:38 pm
https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17021583_1812211945770686_8364665028232634944_n.jpg?oh=8f2f737fe51d5229dc4b5aa4369e80df&oe=5932018E
0 Replies

giujohn

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 10:39 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

He conned 63 million american voters. 70 million voted against him

There goes that fake news **** again...70 million Gracie?
gungasnake

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 10:48 pm
@giujohn,
No way in hell or at least no legitimate way that the Hildabeast won any part of that election.

Take Californicatia out of the picture and DT won the popular vote by several million.

Take all of the dead and illegal voters out of the picture i.e. eliminate the fraud and DT won massively.

Get rid of the EC and many millions of non-demmunists in NY and Ca. who don't vote because they view it as futile would start voting in large numbers. Again DT wins massively.

Alex Jones claims the dems stole five statea and it didn't even start to help them, they were swimming against a tidal wave, 306 electoral votes worth, DESPITE all the fraud and cheating.

Only a mental defective or a criminally anti-social person could have voted for HDK (Hildabeast Dindu KKKlintler) in that election. Anybody who could still be trying to claim that HDK won any sort of a popular vote is worse off than a mental defective, then you're talking about some sort of a sub-cretin.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 11:09 pm
The Dow may very well increase for awhile, but I'm calling my broker tomorrow to find out where I can park my money before the bottom falls out. It goes up and it goes down, and has ever been thus. I'm getting a little too old to recover from the kind of beating we took the last time the economy tanked.
Walter Hinteler

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 11:21 pm
@glitterbag,
Sessions spoke twice last year with Russia's ambassador while he was still a U.S. senator. He failed to disclose the encounters when asked during his confirmation hearing to become attorney general about possible contacts between Trump's campaign and Russian officials, according to reports. (When Sessions spoke with ambassador Kislyak in July and September, he was a senior member of the Senate Armed Services Committee as well as one of Trump’s top foreign policy advisers.)
glitterbag

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 11:33 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Clinton was impeached for lying to Congress about a bj in the Oval Office and now we will watch the Republicans twist themselves into pretzels making up excuses why it was no big deal for Sessions and the other Trump goons to discuss the future with what St. Reagan called the evil empire. I worked for DOD for 32 years, and if I met with the Russians to discuss anything I would have been fired, then face trial for sedition, but apparently the Trumpster thinks he can out strategize the Russians.
Walter Hinteler

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 12:03 am
@glitterbag,
What I really find disturbing is the following:
Quote:
At his Jan. 10 Judiciary Committee confirmation hearing, Sessions was asked by Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) what he would do if he learned of any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of the 2016 campaign.

“I’m not aware of any of those activities,” he responded. He added: “I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians.”
(Quotes as published in the latest news reports)

I mean, he's the attorney general, overseeing the Justice Department, the FBI, ... ...
cicerone imposter

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 12:13 am
@Walter Hinteler,
That's why he's being asked to step down. We all know he lied.
glitterbag

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 12:26 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I absolutely agree, it's freaking outrageous. That's way too much power for a man who refuses to be forthright during his confirmation hearing.
0 Replies

layman

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 12:31 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
In January, Sen. Patrick J. Leahy (D-Vt.) asked Sessions for answers to written questions. “Several of the President-elect’s nominees or senior advisers have Russian ties. Have you been in contact with anyone connected to any part of the Russian government about the 2016 election, either before or after election day?” Leahy wrote.

Sessions responded with one word: “No.”

Leave it to Wapo, Pelosi, and the cheese-eatin fake news posse to try to present this as a lie, eh? The question asked if he was contacted "about the election."

Quote:
Sessions last year had more than 25 conversations with foreign ambassadors as a senior member of the Armed Services Committee, including the British, Korean, Japanese, Polish, Indian, Chinese, Canadian, Australian and German ambassadors, in addition to Kislyak.

“After lying under oath to Congress about his own communications with the Russians, the Attorney General must resign,” House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said in a statement, adding that “Sessions is not fit to serve as the top law enforcement officer of our country.

Nice try, cheese-eaters.
gungasnake

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 12:36 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
At his Jan. 10 Judiciary Committee confirmation hearing, Sessions was asked by Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) what he would do if he learned of any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of the 2016 campaign.

Al Frankin is a super clown.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/independajones/images/3/3c/Al-Franken-Bunny-1-.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20091104024001
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 12:51 am
@layman,
layman wrote:
The question asked if he was contacted "about the election."
Attorney General Jeff Sessions said he "did not have communications with the Russians."
http://i.imgur.com/ymnPSjT.jpg
A Justice Department official more recently said Mr. Sessions had two conversations with Ambassador Sergey I. Kislyak.

It is the same sort of apparent cover-up that led to the exit of Michael Flynn as Trump’s national security adviser.
The president’s moment in the sun after his address to Congress hasn’t lasted long.
Blickers

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 01:31 am
What's the over/under on Trump's days in office before impeachment/resignation?
layman

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 01:43 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Attorney General Jeff Sessions said he "did not have communications with the Russians."

When, where, and in what context, Walt?

Care to supply that information?

You'll have to find it for yourself. Your anti-Trump homeboys sho nuff aint gunna spoon-feed it to you, as they do with their distortions, eh?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 01:47 am
@Walter Hinteler,
This is what the BBC says.

Quote:
Attorney General Jeff Sessions met Russia's ambassador twice during Donald Trump's presidential campaign last year, the US government has confirmed.

Mr Sessions, a senator at the time, did not disclose the contacts at his January confirmation hearing.

But he stressed on Wednesday he had "never met any Russian officials to discuss issues of the campaign".

Democratic House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi accused Mr Sessions of "lying under oath" and demanded he resign.

Other Democrats called on him to step aside from an investigation by the FBI - which he oversees as attorney general - into the alleged Russian interference.

The news broke just after a congressional committee agreed an investigation into Russia's alleged interference in the election.

The House intelligence panel inquiry will scrutinise contacts between Donald Trump's presidential campaign and Moscow, members confirmed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39136118

Trump's biggest mistake wass assuming that all Americans are as stupid as the people who voted for him.
Olivier5

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 02:31 am
@giujohn,
Takes one to spot one, Gigi.
0 Replies

Blickers

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 02:35 am
@izzythepush,
The guy's in office barely a month, and one of his appointments had to step down, Sessions probably will step down, and the FBI and Congressional committees are already looking into Trump. And there are four Congressional committees who can compel the IRS to turn over Trump's tax returns.
izzythepush

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 02:41 am
@Blickers,
The meltdown will be spectacular, Trump already looks partially dissolved.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 03:18 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
That's why he's being asked to step down. We all know he lied.

Is anyone relevant asking him to step down?
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 03:19 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
What's the over/under on Trump's days in office before impeachment/resignation?

100% odds that Trump serves as president for eight years, the Republicans hold the White House for twenty years, and even after twenty years of Republican rule moderate Democrats will have to purge their party of liberals before the voters will allow them to return to power.