monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

cicerone imposter

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 03:23 pm
@Olivier5,
And the probability of that happening is?
oralloy

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 04:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Not necessary to threaten all Americans with your nuclear capabilities. Fact of the matter is, the US has nukes all around the world. How is France going to destroy all our bases?

Why would they bother destroying bases? All you need to do is destroy a country's population centers.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 04:02 pm
@Debra Law,
Debra Law wrote:
Maybe one of Trump's scripted speeches read off a teleprompter is 7th grade, but the rest of the time he sounds like a moron (worse than Sarah Palin).

Coming from someone who routinely babbles about subjects that you don't understand, that is a rather hypocritical accusation.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 04:04 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I really think blatham is about as close to a professional newswriter as we have.

Blatham never writes anything. All he ever does is point at other writers and say "Look everyone! I think what they think!"

farmerman wrote:
Most of the Trumpies dont like him cause hes good at his craft. (Obviously hes gotten you pissed)

The reason why I don't like Blatham is because I'm miffed over the nasty bout of name-calling that he blasted at me when he needed to distract from his inability to think for himself.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 04:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Will France attack England too? LOL

What do you think? Since 1066 they've not had much success in that area. Trafalgar, Agincourt, Crecy, Waterloo etc etc.
ossobucotemp

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 04:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
C'mon. You guys got into a dig-a-thon started by layman.

https://able2know.org/topic/355218-560#post-6374321

Neither country is presently (far as I know) likely at all to act out, like children.
At least, not against each other.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 04:47 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Very small of course. It was an hypothetical discussion obviously.
cicerone imposter

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 04:58 pm
@blatham,
I'm just happy our sons went to school when we didn't have Trump leading our political life. There were enough problems without him like "standardized testing."
georgeob1

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 05:02 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Not necessary to threaten all Americans with your nuclear capabilities. Fact of the matter is, the US has nukes all around the world. How is France going to destroy all our bases?

Cicerone, your information in this area is very badly out of date. A lot has changed in this area since 1990 and even more since the 1950s when you were involved.
0 Replies

farmerman

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 05:02 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I was listening to the "Conservative Talk stations " on Sirius today. Its amazing how they were using the terms "He souned Presidential"

Hey guys,

"WE DONT PIN MEDALS ON TRUMP FOR JUST DOING HIS JOB". What these guys were actually saying was "Im sure glad he didnt sound like such an asshole "
cicerone imposter

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 05:11 pm
@farmerman,
You mean he wasn't bad mouthing women, Muslims, Mexicans and minorities?
Wow! You gotta give him credit.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 05:17 pm
@farmerman,
I think you (and others here) are whistling in the dark.

The Republicans have control of both Houses of Congress, by a very wide margin in the house and a comfortable one in the Senate. They will very likely grow substantially that margin in the Senate in the next election. Trump has made a good start and, as his appointees fill the upper echelons of the various Federal Departments, and as the now energized Congress gets going, the pace of progress is likely to accelerate.

Business and consumer confidence are rising along with our stock markets. Trump appears to be gaining in his ability to lead the government and inspire confidence in his leadership. He has appointed a team of strong. confident leaders and himself appears to have the self-confidence to comfortably tolerate (and manage) occasional disagreement from them on the details for achieving the goals he has set out - both in my experience strong indicators of effective management over the long term.

The Democrats haven't yet faced up to the reasons for their defeats in the Federal and State elections, and appear to be relying on the conviction that their opponent will fall on his sword - a bad strategy in any endeavor. Indeed they appear now to increasingly be the main consumers of their own propaganda - an even worse habit in my view. The dismissive reactions of Pelosi Schumer ant others to last night's SOU speech appear grossly out of synch with the reality - a very bad sign for them in terms of their situational awareness.

It's all OK with me though....

cicerone imposter

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 05:20 pm
@georgeob1,
"Grossly out of sync?" Where's the detail on all his gradois plans? We're waiting.
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/fortune/2017/02/28/trump-congress-address-infrastructure-investment/%3Fsource%3Ddam
0 Replies

gungasnake

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 05:27 pm
@Debra Law,
Quote:
The complaint was that Obama needed a teleprompter because, without one, his speeches contained allegedly distracting "ahs".

Bork Obunga's problems with public speaking are well known. This is what the guy sounds and looks like without a teleprompter:

gungasnake

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 05:31 pm
@gungasnake,
obunga imitation starts around 1.07
cicerone imposter

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 05:41 pm
@gungasnake,
Your name calling does nothing to advance your opinions. It's childish. Tell us why Obama doesn't deserve your respect.
oralloy

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 05:56 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
What do you think? Since 1066 they've not had much success in that area. Trafalgar, Agincourt, Crecy, Waterloo etc etc.

The English won the battles at Crecy and Agincourt, but Agincourt was the last time the English longbow dominated a battlefield. Ultimately the war was won by Joan of Arc.
0 Replies

farmerman

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 06:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Gunga is the most visible racist here on A2K. His use of a racist invective to describe Obama is not payed any attention to because we know gunga accepts anything of a fringe nature. I really expect him to announce that hes a member of the Knights of the KKK.
cicerone imposter

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 06:09 pm
@farmerman,
Figures. He still doesn't understand that bigotry is based on ignorance. It speaks well of him, or at least who he is.
0 Replies

farmerman

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 06:10 pm
@georgeob1,
He conned 63 million american voters. 70 million voted against him