monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

layman

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 11:44 am
Quote:
GOP wants to eliminate shadowy DOJ slush fund bankrolling leftist groups

The Obama administration funneled billions of dollars to activist organizations through a Department of Justice slush fund scheme, according to congressional investigators.

When big banks are sued by the government for discrimination or mortgage abuse, they can settle the cases by donating to third-party non-victims. The settlements do not specify how these third-party groups could use the windfall.

So far, investigators have accounted for $3 billion paid to “non-victim entities.”

A sample of the left-leaning organizations benefiting from the largesse include the National Council of La Raza, the National Community Reinvestment Coalition and the National Urban League.

A Senate majority staff report, from the Committee on Homeland Security and Government Affairs, released last spring notes the NCRC’s “checkered history” of promoting “illegal immigration and advocating for benefits and driver’s licenses for undocumented immigrants.”

The group voiced strong opposition to the confirmation of Attorney General Jeff Sessions. The NCRC has photos of a Sessions protest on its homepage.

“Advocates for big government and progressive power are using the Justice Department to extort money from corporations,” Judicial Watch’s Tom Fitton told Fox News. “It’s a shakedown. It’s corrupt, pure and simple.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/01/gop-wants-to-eliminate-shadowy-doj-slush-fund-bankrolling-leftist-groups.html

A corrupt, extortionate shake-down, you say? Obama was well-schooled by his homeboys, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, eh?

$3 billion in cash that should have gone to the people who actually lost money or else taxpayers is quite the haul, know what I'm sayin?

georgeob1

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 11:45 am
@hightor,
Interesting article this morning in market watch on Jamie Dimon (CEO of JP Morgan) on the reasons for the slow erconomic growth of the last siseven years - the result of over regulation and bad government policies according to him.

Anyway the S&P is up 1.4 % this morning and almost 6 % in the last 30 days.
0 Replies

layman

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 11:47 am
@hightor,
The very thought of Hillary Clinton pant-suiting her way up to that podium makes ya wanna hurl chunks, don't it?
0 Replies

Olivier5

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 11:54 am
@McGentrix,
The worse case scenario is a fascist USA, complete with pogroms, concentration camps, and constant war mongering leading to WW3. That seems far-fetched but not impossible.
layman

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 11:56 am
@Olivier5,
Being President is a difficult job that forces you to make hard choices, eh, Ollie.

Like, for example: Who should we nuke first--Iran, or France?

Tough call, there.
cicerone imposter

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 11:57 am
@Olivier5,
I agree; no matter how improbable of history repeating itself on foolish wars, they seem to keep steering us in the face, and many innocent lives are lost.
Did you know that our country put us Japanese Americans into concentration camps during WWII? The majority of us were American citizens.
Under Trump, it's possible for Muslims to suffer from this bigoted president.
layman

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 12:00 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I gotta give you guys credit. Your stories are more frightening than Count Floyd's.

Scary, eh, kids!?
0 Replies

Olivier5

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 12:05 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

Being President is a difficult job that forces you to make hard choices, eh, Ollie. Like, for example: Who should we nuke first--Iran, or France?

Tough call, there.

That's only tough for the mentally-challenged... France has the nuclear means to wipe out 95% of the US population, while Iran doesn't.
gungasnake

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 12:09 pm
@Debra Law,
DT has Bork Obunga by at least 30 IQ points and probably has YOU by 50 or 60...
cicerone imposter

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 12:12 pm
@Olivier5,
Trump isn't only mentally challenged, he's already proven that he's a racial bigot. Everybody knows what he thinks about Muslims and Mexicans.
He's man-child with the temperament of a 10 year old. Many bad things have already happened to Muslims and a Jewish cemetery because of Trump.
The KKK loves him for a reason; they have a brother as president.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/nov/08/donald-trump-america-muslim-citizens
gungasnake

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 12:16 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:

So what are you thinking here, worse case scenario? Trump and Putin get together and s.......

Some of these losers are paranoid that Russians are gonna wreck their culture after the conquest, that is, force them to start doing unnatural things, bathe, wear clothing, use fire, cook their food, and any number of things like that...
0 Replies

gungasnake

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 12:18 pm
@layman,
Quote:
GOP wants to eliminate shadowy DOJ slush fund bankrolling leftist groups

The Obama administration funneled billions of dollars to activist organizations through a Department of Justice slush fund scheme, according to congressional investigators.

They're gonna pay for that **** sooner or later and, the way things are going, probably sooner.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 12:18 pm
@Olivier5,
Not necessary to threaten all Americans with your nuclear capabilities. Fact of the matter is, the US has nukes all around the world. How is France going to destroy all our bases?
gungasnake

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 12:21 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
The worse case scenario is a fascist USA, complete with pogroms, concentration camps, and constant war mongering leading to WW3. That seems far-fetched but not impossible.

The danger of a third world war was substantially reduced by Trump's victory.

Meaningful issues in the 2016 election in something like order of importance:

The peace and safety of the world (Putin had told his military that if Hildabeast won the election, they were basically at war) while Justin Raimondo at antiwar dot com had endorsed Trump due to Trump's long-time adversity to frivolous use of the US military.

The collapse of the Wall St./London banking and monetary system. Donald Trump was the only person in the picture with both the guts and the resources to take on the bankers. Bankers in fact fear DT enough to have had 54 private jets parked at an offshore resort for a stop-Trump-at-any-cost meeting:
https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=54+private+jets+georgia+resort+trump&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Immigration (Hilda, George, and Bork Obunga want a total end to borders and mass importation of what they view as democrat voting blocks, the cost to the nation be damned).

Gangsterism ( Clinton Foundation, pay2play, Clinton body count, murders, rape allegations... http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3426438/posts?page=25#25 )

Treaties and trade deals, returning meaningful industry to the United States.

Racism/victimology ( Soros/BLM, orchestrated riots...)

All of those issues (other issues in the election are relatively minor) strongly mitigated in favor of Donald Trump and against the Hildabeast.

Americans are used to gangsterism and racism; what NOBODY is used to or has ever seen before is nuclear or thermonuclear war and hydrogen bombs going off, that would be a new experience for everybody. Hilda had stated that her first priority on taking office would be to kill Bashir Al Assad and that would have started WW-III.

The ONLY rational reason there was for voting for the Hildeabeast would have been that you are worried about dying of cancer, old age or some other mundane cause, and wasnted to go out in a blaze of glory in some sort of a nuclear holocaust in which the whole human race goes out at the same time.

We had a God-given shot at electing a president who would put Wall St. into an absolute zero-leverage situation and we took it; had we blown that chance and particularly if we had blown it for any sort of an asinine reason, it would not recur in the lifetime of anybody alive today.

The whole world is messed up right now due to the activities of Wall St. investment bankers, Soros, Bork Obugna, the KKKlintlers, and the rogue democrat party in the US. France as I read it is on the ragged edge of a civil war.

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 12:25 pm
@Olivier5,
France may have enough nukes to wipe out 95% of the US, but we have SAC bases all around the world including England. Who will you attack first?
gungasnake

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 12:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I agree; no matter how improbable of history repeating itself on foolish wars, they seem to keep steering us in the face, and many innocent lives are lost.
Did you know that our country put us Japanese Americans into concentration camps during WWII?

The thinking behind that or at least most of such thinking was that the West coast was open to invasion after Pearl Harber and the first thing a Japanese invasion force would have done was round up all the Nisei and see what sort of information they could torture out of them. They wouldn't have rounded up ordinary rednecks like me for that, kinda hard to torture information out of somebody whose language you don't speak........

At any rate, the idea was to at least get Nisei back away from the coast.
0 Replies

saab

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 12:27 pm
@gungasnake,
There was a certain a2k member, who was going to have a IQ test.
Happily he went there and came back home even happier.
"How did it go?" his wife asked.
"Fantastic I got 70 points"
0 Replies

gungasnake

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 12:27 pm
https://larouchepac.com/20170228/trump-addresses-congress-will-obamas-coup-attempt-against-him-be-defeated
0 Replies

layman

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 01:06 pm
From CBS:

Quote:
Viewers strongly approve of Trump's speech to Congress

Viewers nationwide strongly approved of President Trump’s speech Tuesday night, with many Democrats joining Republicans in calling it “presidential” and positive in tone. Republicans and Independents found it “unifying,” though Democrats were slower to come around on that measure.

The president moved opinion among viewers on his plans for a number of policy issues, comparing their views before and after the speech. The percent favoring his plans for fighting terrorism, addressing crime, improving the economy, handling illegal immigration, and dealing with Obamacare all jumped.

Majorities overall were positive toward his plans for the military, trade, foreign policy, the budget deficit, and taxes. The president won favor from viewers for his plans to build roads and bridges -- the one issue on which his approach appealed to most Democrats as well as nearly all Republicans.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cbs-news-poll-viewers-strongly-approve-president-trump-speech-call-it-unifying-presidential/

Yesterday morning, Trump gave himself a grade of C for communication, saying he did not think he had done a very good job of conveying his agenda, his intentions and their motivations, and his policies to the public. He said he hoped to improve on that with his state of the union address.

I think he would be justified in raising that grade now.

I thought it was all pretty clear to begin with. Three words say it all, eh?:

America First, Baby!
0 Replies

Debra Law

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 01:16 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Debra Law wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

The issue was that he used it for every single speech. Without it his "uh"s became distracting. It appeared that he was incapable of giving a speech without it.

Obama's allegedly distracting "uh" vs. Trump's long-winded convoluted word salads that reporters throughout the world find nearly impossible to translate ....

which of the two is more egregious?

He already had it at a 7th grade level. How much lower must he go for you to understand what he's saying?

The complaint was that Obama needed a teleprompter because, without one, his speeches contained allegedly distracting "ahs".

Here is a sample from one of Trump's speeches without the aid of a teleprompter:

Quote:
Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart—you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you're a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.

Maybe one of Trump's scripted speeches read off a teleprompter is 7th grade, but the rest of the time he sounds like a moron (worse than Sarah Palin).