monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Frugal1

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 08:53 am
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzPhLm5XUAAXf6m.jpg:large
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 08:54 am
OK, so this totally changes our perception of Michael Flynn as a fruitcake of near biblical proportions.
Quote:
Retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, Donald Trump's pick to be his national security adviser, claimed in an August radio interview that Arabic signs were present along the United States border with Mexico to guide potential state-sponsored terrorists and "radicalized Muslims" into the United States.

Flynn further said in the interview he had personally seen photos of such signs in Texas.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/08/politics/kfile-michael-flynn-arabic-signs-on-border/
georgeob1

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 09:38 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

As well as being underwater in the polls with respect to his cabinet picks and how he's doing with the trnsition, all at historic lows. He's not even president yet, and already he's blown his honeymoon.

Give this man the Nancy Pelosi Situational Awareness Award, 3rd class for superior achievement in denying obvious facts.
Frugal1

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 09:45 am
Time Warner CEO: Democrats Bigger Threat to Free Speech Than Trump
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 09:45 am
@georgeob1,
What obvious fact is that? Th
That the
Countrydosnt likwhat he' doing? You have your own sources?
0 Replies

georgeob1

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 09:51 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

@georgeob
Word has been going around on the street that you are suspicious of my motives. What is it you suspect? Probably not that I'm working for Putin and the Ruskies. And I've only met George Soros...well, it doesn't matter exactly how many times so there's nothing to worry about there. The Clintons? If that were the case I'd have died under questionable circumstances. What is it you are thinking? I'm very curious.

I'm not aware of any "word" on the street, and I recognize that human motivation is a complex and largely unknowable thing. The best we can do is guess at some of its, usually intertwined, constituents - and that's not much. Not knowing, I don't concern myself with it: no suspicions at all.

However, I do know what you write and (mostly) paste here. I believe in my replies I have been very clear what I think of their content, and of the offensive, duplictous perspective you have adopted.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 09:58 am
Kellyanne Conway: Team Clinton Needs to Stop Throwing Out ‘Incendiary Rhetoric’
0 Replies

georgeob1

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 10:02 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Uh, yeah.
Donald Trump’s pick to lead the Education Department, Betsy DeVos, has spent two decades successfully pushing "school choice" in her home state of Michigan — a policy that she and her husband vowed in 1999 would “fundamentally improve education.”

Except the track record in that state shows that it hasn’t.

She and her husband built Amway, the fraudulent pyramid scheme that has screwed thousands of trusting suckers and her brother made millions (or more) building up the privatized army of Blackwater. And you were expecting academic achievement?

The politico piece you posted here to "prove" your point contains no data of any kind - only the opinion which you peddle so mindlessly.. It merely asserts that Michigan "schools" continue to lag national averages. Significantly there is no factual data in it comparing the charter schools operating in Michigan with their Public School counterparts. This data is readily available, and it shows that the charter schools do significantly better. Facts like this appear to very often escape your notice in your relentless 'research" through the opinion screeds you frequent.
georgeob1

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 10:09 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

OK, so this totally changes our perception of Michael Flynn as a fruitcake of near biblical proportions.

;;;;;

Who is "our" in this crap ? For whom do you presume to be soeaking here? All of the people of Vancouver? Perhaps all of the people of British Columbia? Possaibly even Canada?

More duplicity from an habitual practitioner of it.
Frugal1

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 10:12 am
Are you monitoring Trump's amazingly positive effects across
the land, and around the world before he's even been sworn in?
farmerman

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 10:17 am
Im seeing all this love in the room and how Trump's followers are interested in "Bringing this nation together".
really??
MontereyJack

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 10:19 am
@Frugal1,
There have been none
0 Replies

Frugal1

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 10:34 am
Really.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 10:37 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Im seeing all this love in the room and how Trump's followers are interested in "Bringing this nation together".
really??

Well to paraphrase the Bard,

' The balance of invective is not strained"
cicerone imposter

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 11:02 am
@georgeob1,
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/nov/09/us-voters-respond-donald-trump-win-president?client=safari
0 Replies

giujohn

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 11:18 am
TO ALL A2K LEFTIES:

Would any one of you like to take the same bet I offered bobsal?

If Trump is not certified and sworn in as President I will retire my handle at A2K...if he is, you do the same...ANY TAKERS?
giujohn

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 11:24 am
Hillary Clinton is worried about fake news and says it's dangerous.

I'm all for fake news. If you're too stupid to be able to decipher what is real news and fake news and are a low-information voter, I have no problem with your vote being wasted or influenced. Since we can't have a literacy or intelligence test in order to vote this seems to be an acceptable alternative.
layman

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 11:38 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Note To Republicans/conservatives

I'm gratified to find you all here attending to my ongoing series of lectures on Donald Trump... I'm so liberal that communists envy me... you've come to learn, here at my feet.

He aint jokin. He's the quintessential cheese-eater, sho nuff.
ossobucotemp

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 11:42 am
@blatham,
I'd modify that to "Trump of the Apocalypse".
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 9 Dec, 2016 11:45 am
@giujohn,
Why didn't you make that a billion dollar bet? What you offered is not called a bet.