monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Debra Law

Tue 28 Feb, 2017 02:14 am
Quote:
Donald Trump’s Call For Millions To Rally Fizzles
Events around the nation draw the few and the proud.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-rallies-fizzle_us_58b4e665e4b0780bac2cb5e2?

The "few and the proud" like sheep to the slaughter.
layman

Tue 28 Feb, 2017 02:22 am
A couple of further thoughts on a topic I touched on earlier.

As a human being, LBJ was about as despicable as you can imagine. He was arrogant, cruel, duplicitous, completely unscrupulous, and thoroughly manipulative. His narcissism was off the charts and his deviousness was known to all. He was the ultimate con man.

But, guess what? He was an extremely effective politician and president. In large part due to those very same despicable traits. He know how to win and how to get **** done, by hook or crook. If you supported his policies, then you had every reason to be thrilled with his performance.

Voters don't really care about an individual's personality quirks. They just want positive results. For the left wing, anything Trump accomplishes is negative because it isn't compliant with their ideology. So they want to attack him personally, as well as in every other way possible. His supporters don't give a ****--in fact they love his feisty, confrontational, forthright personality.

It's war, that's all. And the cheese-eaters are going down, eh? If you think they're crying now, wait until they're beaten by Trump like a rented mule. The riverbeds won't be able to contain all the tears.
blatham

Tue 28 Feb, 2017 03:52 am
@cicerone imposter,
Thanks CI, that's some Coors history I did not know.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 28 Feb, 2017 04:11 am
@Debra Law,
Quote:
There appears to be no coherent right-wing policy concerning "state's rights" issues. It's all very willy-nilly.

Actually I do see a coherence, Debra. If there is some social/political issue or change with which they are unhappy, they will move against it wherever they might be able to gain leverage. Often, they'll move at both levels (eg abortion). but end up concentrating on whichever shows progress. Don't you think?
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 28 Feb, 2017 04:19 am
@Debra Law,
Quote:
Donald Trump’s Call For Millions To Rally Fizzles
Events around the nation draw the few and the proud.

Poor fellow. I've seen more people at garage sales.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Tue 28 Feb, 2017 04:23 am
@layman,
layman wrote:
Why don't you just say what's on your mind?
It's the President's mind, not mine.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 28 Feb, 2017 04:51 am
Wow! The NYT has an incredible series of charts up beginning in 1935 up to February 2017 that show US citizens' answers to the question, ‘What Do You Think Is the Most Important Problem Facing This Country Today?’

The changes are amazing. The one that really catches my attention is 'Dissatisfaction with government' which is the primary problem identified in the most recent polling. It has never been as high as it is right now (some years polled, it doesn't even show up as a concern at all).
NYT
izzythepush

Tue 28 Feb, 2017 04:56 am
@blatham,
Will you be in Vancouver, or is it too bloody far?

Quote:
Vancouver's Trump International Hotel and Tower will be among the first Trump-branded property to open since the US president's inauguration.

Donald Trump Jr and Eric Trump will attend the grand opening of the hotel.

Two separate protest rallies are planned for the event.

The hotel and condominium tower developer has been under pressure for months to drop the Trump name from the project.
But the controversy that surrounds Mr Trump has become a public relations nightmare for the developer. The site is the location of choice for anti-Trump protests in Vancouver.

Two rallies are planned to coincide with the hotel's big opening - one by Occupy Vancouver and another by two Vancouver high schoolers, Nora Fadel and Yasmin Ahmed, which will include a march to the US consulate.

Ms Fadel told the BBC she first pitched the "Resist 4 Peace" rally on Facebook on a whim but found people were interested in voicing their opposition to Mr Trump's administration.

"Vancouver has no place for negativity, no place for aggression, no place for such a name," she said. "There is no room to have Trump's name on that building. Vancouver is very diverse, is very positive. "
In December, Vancouver Mayor Gregor Robertson called for the name to be removed from the building, saying it had no more place on the city's skyline than Donald Trump's "ignorant ideas have in the modern world".

Thousands signed a petition calling for the name to be scrubbed from the development.

Holborn Group and TA Global chief executive Joo Kim Tiah recently told the Associated Press that he found it "extremely stressful'' when Mr Trump's statements about Muslims, Mexicans and women, among other things, made him unpopular in Vancouver.

"I was terrified," Mr Joo Kim said.

"The people who ran the city were not happy with me. I was scared, but I think they understand. They understand that I'm trapped into - not trapped, locked into - an agreement."

The developer said he had no legal grounds to back out of the licensing deal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39108023
blatham

Tue 28 Feb, 2017 05:08 am
Quote:
Danish Companies Seek to Hire, but Everyone’s Already Working
NYT
Those goddamn social democracies of Europe. Would someone please tell them that America is exceptional.
blatham

Tue 28 Feb, 2017 05:13 am
@izzythepush,
I didn't even know about this! Had I known earlier, I would have gone down (it's about four to five hours each way depending on traffic and about $250 for gas and ferry rides). It will be interesting to see what happens.
farmerman

Tue 28 Feb, 2017 05:13 am
@oralloy,
Apparently Sprey likes to hear himself talk. half of what he sqid was "Irrelevant but brilliant", The other half was "Just Bullshit"

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/pierre-spreys-anti-f-35-diatribe-is-half-brilliant-and-1592445665
blatham

Tue 28 Feb, 2017 05:29 am
As you all likely know, Elon Musk has contracted with a couple of seriously rich dudes (let's assume it's two men, shall we) to take off in a SpaceX ship and go for a ride around the moon and, hopefully, back to Earth. Ticket prices haven't been revealed but I imagine the two adventurers decided they do this rather than buy, say, a million BMWs.

If all goes well, there will likely be a burgeoning market in this. I'd do it. I would pay a substantial amount - and consider it a real deal - if I could just get up into orbit and then piss all over Texas.
izzythepush

Tue 28 Feb, 2017 05:34 am
@blatham,
It will be a magnet for protesters, vandals and mooners.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 28 Feb, 2017 05:35 am
@blatham,
That's on the BBC today too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-39111030
blatham

Tue 28 Feb, 2017 05:46 am
Quote:
“Mr. Bildt does consulting work on terrorism, that is true, but we should have clarified that he had no direct role with the Swedish government,” O’Reilly said. “The information we gave you in the segment was accurate, but in hindsight a more relevant guest should have been used on the anti-immigrant side.”
WP
So, Bill says, we made this error of having a guy on but his credentials were, you know, bullshit. Fake credentials. The lefty critics were right about that.

But what the dude with fake credentials said? All that was perfectly correct. The lefty critics are full of bullshit on that. The Swedish government and Swedish press are full of bullshit on that too. They are peddling fake news but they always do, don't they?

And do you know what all this means, NoSpinZone fans? It means once again that President Trump got it right and then got attacked by the usual subjects who are always pushing the politically correct bullshit and who hate Trump with a red hot hate reserved only for patriots and truth-tellers. People like you, President Trump and us here at Fox.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 28 Feb, 2017 05:51 am
@izzythepush,
Re SpaceX... your BBC link reports that neither of the two are from Hollywood. That means one of them might be Trump. His income has increased lately and it is possible that zero gravity might facilitate follicle repair and hair growth. And the other rider could be his wife because in zero gravity, her breasts and other bits wouldn't sag and that would be agreeable to Trump.
layman

Tue 28 Feb, 2017 05:57 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

The one that really catches my attention is 'Dissatisfaction with government' which is the primary problem identified in the most recent polling. It has never been as high as it is right now (some years polled, it doesn't even show up as a concern at all).

After 8 years of Obama, what else would anyone expect? That's why Trump was elected.
gungasnake

Tue 28 Feb, 2017 05:58 am
@oralloy,
That seems to be the opinion more or less of every competent person who has taken any sort of a look at the F35 program.
blatham

Tue 28 Feb, 2017 05:58 am
Thank god that Trump, Bannon, the new EPA head and Trump voters are finally deconstructing clean water. Let freedom ring.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Tue 28 Feb, 2017 06:02 am
@layman,
They've actually found Mac Wallace's fingerprints in that book depository in Dallas and you're talking about some sort of a 12 - 14 point match while four or five is good enough to win criminal trials. That moves Barr McClellan's thesis into the realm of solid fact and every other theory into the trash heap. Ed Clark and LBJ killed John Kennedy, nobody else was involved.

https://www.amazon.com/Blood-Money-Power-How-Killed/dp/161608197X

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51S303UvHgL._SX328_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Demmunists killing demmunists.....