monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

RABEL222

Mon 27 Feb, 2017 07:53 pm
@thack45,
If one had to pass an I Q test in order to buy a gun there would a lot fewer guns in the U S of A.
cicerone imposter

Mon 27 Feb, 2017 07:55 pm
@RABEL222,
And we know who those people are on this thread. LOL
cicerone imposter

Mon 27 Feb, 2017 08:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Just read on the net; Trump and Ryan headed for a clash on the budget.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-and-paul-ryan-head-for-a-clash-over-the-budget-and-ideology/ar-AAnyU7t?ocid=spartandhp
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 27 Feb, 2017 08:38 pm
Quote:
NYT's 'Intent Is So Evil And So Bad'

I noted King Moron's remark earlier but just seeing it again now I was struck by the oddness of the phrasing. First of all, he says it is "so evil". Then he adds, (as some sort of clarification or magnitude-enhancer?) that it also is "so bad". You'd think that "evil" already got the job done. "Bad" is actually anti-climactic here. It's like saying to a chef, "The way you prepared the pheasant was absolutely exquisite...and tasted good"

There are things not right with this guy's brain and it shows up in his language. But again, I think this case demonstrates a style of speech/thought we've seen so commonly before that has been habituated in the con man/bullshitter life that he's led. The repetition is unnecessary - no clarification benefit to it.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 27 Feb, 2017 08:51 pm
Sessions, as expected, is starting to talk tough on marijuana.

Why? Because liberty. Because government imposing its will on the individual is a great and necessary good.

Also (to be fair) because at this point in time, no big corporations control the manufacturing and distribution of marijuana. Turn all of that over to the Coors family, for example, and watch this jerk change his mind 180 degrees.
cicerone imposter

Mon 27 Feb, 2017 08:56 pm
@blatham,
It doesn't even have to be Coors. Any big corp will have them singing Dixie.
blatham

Mon 27 Feb, 2017 09:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Surely. I chose Coors because of their historical record of supporting far right causes/candidates and, of course, because they sell booze.
blatham

Mon 27 Feb, 2017 09:04 pm
This question will be on your next test. Study up and get your answer right.

Pope Francis. Adolf Hitler. Donald Trump.
Which two of these men have no historical record of incidents where they used their celebrity to grab women by the pussy?
cicerone imposter

Mon 27 Feb, 2017 09:13 pm
@blatham,
I can't ever remember drinking Coors. That's probably because I thought I read many decades ago that they discriminated against blacks. Not sure any more.

Found this:
Quote:
Minority issues[edit]
Mexican Americans charged Coors with discriminatory hiring practices following the passage of the Civil Rights Act, and launched a boycott of the company's products beginning in the late 1960s. Labor unions and gay rights activists joined the boycott, which lasted into the 1980s.[33] A federal lawsuit in 1975 by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission[34] ended in a settlement with Coors agreeing not to discriminate against blacks, Hispanics, and women.
layman

Mon 27 Feb, 2017 09:33 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

This question will be on your next test. Study up and get your answer right.

Pope Francis. Adolf Hitler. Donald Trump.
Which two of these men have no historical record of incidents where they used their celebrity to grab women by the pussy?

Which 3 of these 4 have been elected as President of the USA?

Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, Joe Buttfuck, Donald Trump
0 Replies

gungasnake

Mon 27 Feb, 2017 11:42 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYozWHBIf8g

Debra Law

Tue 28 Feb, 2017 12:39 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Sessions, as expected, is starting to talk tough on marijuana.

Why? Because liberty. Because government imposing its will on the individual is a great and necessary good.

Also (to be fair) because at this point in time, no big corporations control the manufacturing and distribution of marijuana. Turn all of that over to the Coors family, for example, and watch this jerk change his mind 180 degrees.

There appears to be no coherent right-wing policy concerning "state's rights" issues. It's all very willy-nilly.

layman

Tue 28 Feb, 2017 01:04 am
@gungasnake,

Great speech! Trump's doesn't wander or get off track when it comes to laying out the effects of globalization and the corrupt media and political system which enable it, eh?
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 28 Feb, 2017 01:37 am
@Debra Law,
Did you finally manage to determine what Strict Scrutiny means? I bet not.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Tue 28 Feb, 2017 01:40 am
This infringement of majesty done by Obama (Trump's predecessor is behind demonstrations over travel ban and national security leaks) is interesting and will have consequence, I think.
layman

Tue 28 Feb, 2017 01:43 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

This infringement of majesty done by Obama (Trump's predecessor is behind demonstrations over travel ban and national security leaks) is interesting and will have consequence, I think.

What kinda consequences are you thinking about, there, eh, Walt?
Olivier5

Tue 28 Feb, 2017 01:44 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Theres a bright future in hell for this douche bg

He owns the place already.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 28 Feb, 2017 01:45 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
F35 jet fighter which would likely lose a dog-fight to a P-51

3 minutes 50 seconds: "You can guarantee that a 1950's design MiG-21 or French Mirage would just hopelessly whip the F-35."
Walter Hinteler

Tue 28 Feb, 2017 01:49 am
@layman,
Just wait for the next Presidential Executive Orders ...
layman

Tue 28 Feb, 2017 02:10 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Well, you're being rather cryptic, coy, and evasive, eh, Walt. Why don't you just say what's on your mind?