monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

McGentrix

Sun 26 Feb, 2017 02:57 pm
@hightor,
I always wonder why their are so many large-scale societal failures. I see refugees coming here with nothing and within a year they are prospering and living the "American Dream". Why is it that native born people can't do that?

Too many people rely on others to live their lives for them. They want every thing done for them and they want to put as little effort into living as possible. I call these people Democrats because if they ever worked for a living, they understand the value of a dollar. When you get your dollar just given to you, there is no respect for it. You just know that you can get more for doing nothing.

It's just so bad.
Debra Law

Sun 26 Feb, 2017 03:00 pm
Governor Jay Inslee Issues Executive Order Blocking State from Participating in Federal Immigration Raids, Religious Registry

Quote:
After four weeks of chaotic, rapid-fire executive orders from the Trump administration that attempt to ban immigrants from seven Muslim-majority countries and could deport millions of undocumented immigrants living in the US, Washington governor Jay Inslee has issued an executive order of his own: one that expressly prohibits state agencies from inquiring about a person's immigration status, participating in federal immigration raids, or aiding in the creation of a religious registry.

"If [the White House] thinks they're going to jerk away the state's Medicaid money because we won't become mini-ICE agents, they're wrong," Inslee said.

Applause for Washington State Governor Jay Inslee.

The resistance is growing.
cicerone imposter

Sun 26 Feb, 2017 03:08 pm
@Debra Law,
Indeed! We need to support people like Gov Inslee who understands what Americanism means.
The small and bigoted mind of Trump belongs in Russia, not the US of A.
All of us are the product of immigrants except for the native Americans.
0 Replies

hightor

Sun 26 Feb, 2017 03:12 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Why is it that native born people can't do that?

Too complex to answer here but low expectations, lack of role models, and yes, discrimination play a part.

Quote:
When you get your dollar just given to you, there is no respect for it.

I have sympathy for that view. I wish we had a national "work corps" on the lines of the CCC and WPA during the Depression. Back when we had the draft, young inner city residents, native Americans, and the rural poor were plucked out of their poverty-stricken communities and exposed to a wider world. I'd like to see something like that, but without the warfare — leave that to the pros.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Sun 26 Feb, 2017 03:23 pm
@Debra Law,
Debra Law wrote:

Quote:
"If [the White House] thinks they're going to jerk away the state's Medicaid money because we won't become mini-ICE agents, they're wrong," Inslee said.

Applause for Washington State Governor Jay Inslee.

The resistance is growing.

There are many much easier retaliatory actions the President can take other than withdrawing Medicaid funds. This is an obvious bit of gorilla dust meant to distract.

I got to know Jay Inslee 23 years ago whern he was a freshman Congressman from Kennewick WA. We frequently visited with Rep. Norm Dicks (then a heavyweight in the Democrat House Delegation regarding DOE policy, and, during those visits, I watched the very savvy Dicks school the new guy in the way things werte done. Inslee was a lightweight jerk then.
Debra Law

Sun 26 Feb, 2017 03:46 pm
Quote:
Here are some real facts, not alternative facts. It's not only that we have a grotesque distribution of wealth in this country. It’s income as well. Since 2009, 52% of all new income has gone to the top 1%. Today, the situation has become so absurd that the top 1% makes more income than the bottom 50%. In other words, in many respects, this country is moving to an oligarchic form of society where a handful a billionaire families control both the economic and political life of the nation.

Bernie Sanders.

Source Senator Sanders facebook newsfeed.
0 Replies

Blickers

Sun 26 Feb, 2017 04:15 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote georgeob1:
Quote:
I got to know Jay Inslee 23 years ago whern he was a freshman Congressman from Kennewick WA. We frequently visited with Rep. Norm Dicks (then a heavyweight in the Democrat House Delegation regarding DOE policy, and, during those visits, I watched the very savvy Dicks school the new guy in the way things werte done. Inslee was a lightweight jerk then.

Apparently Inslee is a good learner. Undefeated since 1998, Inslee and his Attorney General, Bob Ferguson, just got finished dismantling Trump's Muslim ban all by themselves.
georgeob1

Sun 26 Feb, 2017 04:53 pm
@Blickers,
That may well be true. I never thought there was much substance there.
oralloy

Sun 26 Feb, 2017 05:27 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
The closest "counter constitutionl" activitiy includes a massive attempt by theis preident to dismantle the first amendment by talking up his bullshit about the press being the enemy of the people.

Denouncing the press does not harm the First Amendment. Trump has not prevented the press from saying anything they want to.

And if a president ever did try to force the press to say or not say something (likely a Democratic president, given the Democrats' history of attacking the Constitution), our courts would step in and protect the First Amendment.

farmerman wrote:
I think hes scared n doesnt know how to handle it.

Nah. What's happening is Trump recognizes that the press is trying to demonize him and tear him down. And he is refusing to sit still while they do it.
oralloy

Sun 26 Feb, 2017 05:28 pm
@Debra Law,
Debra Law wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Hardly. The Left's attempts to violate our Constitutional rights are all very well documented.

Show us those documents.

Among his other false "evidence",

Your dislike of the truth does not make it false evidence.

Debra Law wrote:
he provided a link to a page in the federal register (final rules published by SSA to comply with a bill signed into law by President Bush) and falsely alleged it was Obama's "horrendous executive order" designed to take away his guns.

The fact that it was "a federal agency carrying out Obama's executive order" instead of "the executive order itself" is nitpicking at it's very silliest.

The fact remains, the only reason they did it is because Obama ordered them to do it.

And now Trump is going to reverse that executive order and prevent them from doing it.

Debra Law wrote:
Oralloy repeatedly lied about his allegedly well-documented evidence.

Nope. The only liar here is YOU.

Debra Law wrote:
It is hard to believe that anyone with a functioning brain cannot understand the true nature of the "evidence" he is offering to prove his allegation.

Official government documents showing the government doing exactly what I said they were doing.

Debra Law wrote:
Therefore, the only logical explanations are 1) he is a dumb as a box of rocks, lacks rudimentary understanding, lacks the ability to accumulate knowledge, and lacks the ability to engage in critical thinking skills,

Actually I am pretty much infinitely smarter than you are.

Debra Law wrote:
or 2) he is a willful liar and trollish spreader of intentional falsehoods.

Notice the fact that everything I said was the absolute truth.

Debra Law wrote:
I placed him on ignore. I won't waste time on trolls or people who display impenetrable ignorance.

"Debra Law" made a goofy argument that even a first year law student would know was bogus. I politely pointed out how her argument is untrue. The result is her current tantrum.

Note:

Her post where she fails to understand basic legal concepts:
https://able2know.org/topic/355218-533#post-6371813

My post where I politely point out how she is wrong about the law:
https://able2know.org/topic/355218-535#post-6372092

The beginning of her tantrum and obfuscation:
https://able2know.org/topic/355218-535#post-6372100

The reason "Debra Law" is lying about me and not addressing my posts is because she is a dishonorable person who lacks the integrity to admit that she is wrong.

Quite possibly also to cover up the fact that she does not know very much about basic law.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 26 Feb, 2017 05:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Banning all Muslims from entering our country, and calling Mexicans "criminals and rapists" goes beyond bigotry and decency.

Falsely accusing Trump of doing that, is what goes beyond decency.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 26 Feb, 2017 05:30 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
The contrast between McGentrix' lighthearted irony and Debra's shrill, indignant anger could not be more stark and amusing.

The less someone knows, the louder they are.

And Debra Law has clearly demonstrated that she doesn't know basic legal concepts like Strict Scrutiny.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 26 Feb, 2017 05:31 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
He doesn't know our Constitution, and his first EO was to ban all Muslims from entering the US. It's a good thing a federal judge in Washington overturned his bigoted EO. He also showed his bigotry by calling Mexicans "criminals and rapists."

None of what you wrote there is true.
layman

Sun 26 Feb, 2017 05:42 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Nah. What's happening is Trump recognizes that the press is trying to demonize him and tear him down. And he is refusing to sit still while they do it.

The media is getting their sorry ass kicked by Trump, and they're furious that he doesn't fear them and their presumed (in their mind) ability to 'destroy" public figures.

Some of them are wising up to who has the real power here. ABC just gave a very popular and highly paid Chicago TV personality a one-week suspension for calling Trump a "cartoon lunatic" in a tweet.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 26 Feb, 2017 05:43 pm
@Debra Law,
Debra Law wrote:
The First 100 Lies: The Trump Team’s Flurry Of Falsehoods

Rather audacious of "Debra Law" to complain about alleged lies after the way she spouted a fountain of lies about me to try to cover up the fact that she doesn't understand basic legal concepts like Strict Scrutiny.
oralloy

Sun 26 Feb, 2017 05:44 pm
@Debra Law,
Debra Law wrote:
The dozens of proven lies are just the tip of the iceberg.

After all your lies about me, for you to complain about other alleged lies is the height of hypocrisy.

And since your lies involve falsely accusing other people of lying, your current complaints about lies may well also be false.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sun 26 Feb, 2017 05:46 pm
@oralloy,
They are not "alleged." Check out Politifact's "trump lies."
When he contradicts himself, no lying belongs on Ripley's.
layman

Sun 26 Feb, 2017 05:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Heh, Al, your frequently repeated claim that Trump's order was a "muslim ban" is so patently false that it's self-refuting--no need for anyone to respond to it.
georgeob1

Sun 26 Feb, 2017 06:02 pm
@layman,
Cicerone may be ill-informed and unaware, but he is never uncertain.
cicerone imposter

Sun 26 Feb, 2017 06:03 pm
@layman,
Check out, "Trump's mental health, the elephant in the room."
Professional psychogists and psychiatrists say Trump is mentally unbalanced.
What psychiatric training do you have?
0 Replies