monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Walter Hinteler

Wed 13 Jan, 2021 01:57 pm
Quote:
Airbnb will block and cancel all reservations in the Washington, DC, area during the week of the presidential inauguration.
[...]
Following the riot on 6 January, Airbnb investigated whether people involved had accounts on the platform, after learning their names through media reports and law enforcement sources. It found numerous individuals associated with known hate groups and banned them from the service.
[...]
Many companies – including Airbnb – are also committing not to give political donations to the Republicans who voted against certifying the results of the election last week. Others taking that stand include Marriott, AT&T, and Walmart.
The Guardian
0 Replies

lmur

Wed 13 Jan, 2021 02:10 pm
'Everyone getting arrested and losing their job for storming the Capitol Buildings are realizing why their grandparents wore hoods.'
- Travis Allen
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 13 Jan, 2021 02:14 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
does

Wrong again. Leave logic to the conservatives.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 13 Jan, 2021 02:15 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
You're fooling yourself. You said you took Builder seriously, now you're refuting a good part of what he says.

Taking someone seriously doesn't mean agreeing with them.

Go back and look at what I actually said.

"I do disagree with some of the things that he says. But when that happens I just politely state my disagreement."

Polite respectful discussion with someone that you disagree with is a foreign concept to progressives I know. But I'm not a progressive. I'm capable of getting along with people who disagree with me.

izzythepush wrote:
That's because you're too stupid to realise the implications of what you've said.

You are the only stupid person here. My IQ is 170.

izzythepush wrote:
At least we can agree on you needing to use the cat flap to get in. That's something I suppose.

Your statement is nonsense. I do not agree with it.
Frank Apisa

Wed 13 Jan, 2021 02:16 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

For pleasure in these damnable times, I watch a lot of youtube blooper reels. This morning, my daughter informed me that the one minute or less scripted speech Trump gave recently ("I reject violence") took three takes for him to get through. Now there's the blooper reel I want to watch.

It was more than just "a three take speech."

Apparently there were three DIFFERENT speeches...and the piece of **** released was the one favored over the others by the people trying to get Trump to do the right thing.

Trump should not be impeached, he should be exiled. He us an avatar of humanity at its most disgusting.

blatham

Wed 13 Jan, 2021 02:17 pm
@farmerman,
I actually haven't done such a search. Don't think I could bear it. But any blooper reel from films featuring Nathan Lane are an absolute joy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlZLO7sY9eY
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 13 Jan, 2021 02:18 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Thanks Frank!
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 13 Jan, 2021 02:20 pm
Watching the unbearable hearings today (as little as possible) it dawns on me that the West's response to the rise of Hitler was really all about... virtue signaling!
oralloy

Wed 13 Jan, 2021 02:23 pm
@blatham,
Godwin's Law.

But I'm not surprised to hear that progressives are virtue signaling again. It's what they do.

As far as "as little as possible" goes, I've not listened to any of it at all so far.

But I suspect that tonight's PBS NewsHour will play some excerpts.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 13 Jan, 2021 02:23 pm
@oralloy,
You believe nonsense.
izzythepush

Wed 13 Jan, 2021 02:25 pm
@oralloy,
You spend every year locked in a bunker because you’re scared of your own shadow.
oralloy

Wed 13 Jan, 2021 02:26 pm
@izzythepush,
Wrong again. I normally go out quite frequently. Lots of movies. Trips to cities to see blockbuster movies in very high quality theaters. Season tickets for a symphony orchestra. Yearly trips to museums in Chicago. Yearly trips to see Shakespeare in Canada. Plus whatever else happens to come up.

Last year was all about Covid 19.
0 Replies

hingehead

Wed 13 Jan, 2021 02:27 pm
@izzythepush,
I’m enarmoured/bemused by Australians who go full-on conspiracy theories - particular on flat Earth theory that says Australia exists and Australians are all actors. This podcast about author/journalist Kasey Edwards’ mother was excruciating and sad.
https://www.abc.net.au/radio/programs/days-like-these/mum-thinks-the-earth-is-flat/12867344

How does a mathematics teacher present at a flat earth conference in London when you grew up, married, raised kids and got divorced in Brisbane?

And when Kasey wrote about it the conspiracy nuts trolled her. Their big ‘gotcha’ was that she was over 40 and she’d written a book called ‘30 Something And Over It’ so clearly she’s a liar. Of course she had written the book 10 years earlier, but hey, facts.

The behaviours in her mother mirror oralloy’s.
Walter Hinteler

Parler, social network much loved by QAnon morons and right-wing domestic terrorists, is having a bad week.
But those Parler users, who had posted a video or photo to Parler from Washington D.C. during the domestic terrorism last Wednesday should be very worried that the FBI would use the unique identifier number to then map out all my other media posted to Parler. Doing that could very easily reveal the home address of an insurrectionist to the FBI.

Parler Users Breached Deep Inside U.S. Capitol Building, GPS Data Shows

Since Parler didn't take the very basic step of deleting all Exif data from media uploaded to Parler, many of the photos and videos posted to the social network include data on the date and location of when the media was captured.

Worldwide map of Parler Video Uploads
0 Replies

oralloy

@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
You believe nonsense.

Your inability to point out any untrue statements in my posts shows otherwise.
izzythepush

Wed 13 Jan, 2021 02:28 pm
@oralloy,
Your inability to understand when your errors are pointed out is the real issue.

Don’t blame me, I didn’t put the chip in your brain.
oralloy

Wed 13 Jan, 2021 02:32 pm
@izzythepush,
You're lying. You cannot point out any errors in my posts. You cannot link to any previous posts where you have pointed out errors in my posts.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 13 Jan, 2021 02:33 pm
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:
The behaviours in her mother mirror oralloy's.

I am not sure what behavior I'm being accused of here, but I'd like to remind people of hingehead's long record of lies and dishonesty.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 13 Jan, 2021 02:36 pm
@hingehead,
Adam Hills said much the same on The Last Leg.

What Oralloy is saying is that he only takes Builder seriously when he says something he wants to hear. That someone who talks total bilge about Covid 19, vaccinations, the international Jewish conspiracy, shape shifting lizards, 9/11, the divinity of David Icke and the moon landings never happening must be bang on the money when it comes to the Democrats stealing the election.

That’s how intellectually bankrupt he is.
oralloy

Wed 13 Jan, 2021 02:42 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
What Oralloy is saying is that he only takes Builder seriously when he says something he wants to hear.

That's not what I am saying.

Progressives are not capable of understanding how to treat people with respect if they disagree with them.

But normal human beings are not progressives. Since I am not a progressive, I can treat people with respect even when I disagree with them.

Progressives are not going to be able to understand this mindset.