monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

izzythepush

Wed 13 Jan, 2021 11:45 am
@InfraBlue,
Nobody takes Builder seriously, he’s a conspiracy nut who spouts nothing but bollocks.
oralloy

Wed 13 Jan, 2021 11:59 am
@izzythepush,
I take Builder seriously.

I do disagree with some of the things that he says. But when that happens I just politely state my disagreement.
oralloy

Wed 13 Jan, 2021 12:00 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
It's like a mental block. Om Sig David was the same, he wouldn't go anywhere he wasn't allowed to carry a gun.

I'm much the same. But I'm not 100% rigid about it.

Now and then a college in my general region organizes bus trips for their students to see a Shakespeare performance in Stratford Canada, and they sell their extra seats to the general public.

I often go, even though I have to go unarmed. I find the lack of guns discomforting, but I manage.

But I will enter a gun-free zone only for a very good reason.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 13 Jan, 2021 12:01 pm
@revelette3,
CNN wrote:
The bonkers Republican logic on why Trump shouldn't be impeached

There's something to be said for pausing to take stock of the fact that these progressive witch hunts are really pissing people off.

You guys won't like it much when Republicans start carrying out the same sort of witch hunts against you.

But if you want a good reason why Mr. Trump shouldn't be impeached, how about the mere fact that he hasn't done anything wrong?
0 Replies

snood

Wed 13 Jan, 2021 12:02 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

Quote:
Quote:
Liz Cheney will vote to impeach Trump
Beware this individual. I'm awarnin' ya.
she's OK in my book because
she wrote:
The President of the United States summoned this mob, assembled the mob, and lit the flame of this attack.
Everything that followed was his doing. None of this would have happened without the President.

The President could have immediately and forcefully intervened to stop the violence. He did not.

There has never been a greater betrayal by a President of the United States of his office and his oath to the Constitution.
I will vote to impeach the President.

The way I look at Liz Cheney is this...
If a longtime enemy from many past battles suddenly defects to my side in a current battle, I’m not going to turn down the help. I will accept that, for whatever reason they want to combine forces against a common enemy and I will fight alongside them. But I will only trust them for the present battle, and never turn my back to them.
oralloy

Wed 13 Jan, 2021 12:03 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
Cheney was/is a war criminal.

Nonsense.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 13 Jan, 2021 12:22 pm
@oralloy,
That’s because you’re a gullible idiot.
InfraBlue

Wed 13 Jan, 2021 12:35 pm
@izzythepush,
Yeah, he's oblivious to the fact that his conspiracy theories undermine his own arguments.
izzythepush

Wed 13 Jan, 2021 12:38 pm
@InfraBlue,
I’m sure Oralloy will be able to square his support of Israel with his belief that it was behind 9/11.
oralloy

Wed 13 Jan, 2021 12:42 pm
@izzythepush,
I do not agree that Israel had anything to do with 9/11.
oralloy

Wed 13 Jan, 2021 12:43 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
That's because you're a gullible idiot.

Wrong again. I am the exact opposite.
MontereyJack

Wed 13 Jan, 2021 12:57 pm
@oralloy,
that you think that ;proves that you are.
blatham

Wed 13 Jan, 2021 01:03 pm
@snood,
Her recent statement is valuable as were some earlier criticisms of Trump (but such criticisms went no further than him). Her future ambitions not so much. Prior to her taking the Senate seat in Wyoming, she was a regular on Fox where she behaved typically (she lied a LOT). Ideologically, she's a duplicate of her father.

She's very smart and effective in speech. When the GOP get around to their inevitable rebranding, this woman (who I'm certain has WH aspirations) will be formidable and may well be an effective means of that rebranding. The business community will get behind her as will many of those Republicans who have moved away from the party (including some or many in the Lincoln Project, Bill Kristol, etc) particularly if circumstances (virus, economy, other) lead to serious Dem/Biden stumbles. She could also draw in a lot of right-leaning voters now reluctant to support the GOP. Murdoch would get behind her in a flash. There's a real possibility, I think, that she'll be America's first female president.

Dick Cheney's history is already down the memory hole so that's little if any problem for her. What might be a problem is if the present Qanon/Trumpism mentality persists among the base but there's no guarantee of that.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 13 Jan, 2021 01:05 pm
@oralloy,
Yes you do, Builder told you remember.

Interesting that you believe Covid 19 is a hoax but you’re willing to fraudulently jump the queue to get yourself a vaccine. Is that because you also believe that Bill Gates will stick a microchip in it, and with the decline in far right broadcasting you’re terrified that nobody will be able to do your thinking for you, any rich bastard is better than none?

Or is it a bit more straightforward and that you’re hoping the chip will enable you to use the cat flap when your mum puts you out for the night?
oralloy

Wed 13 Jan, 2021 01:32 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
that you think that proves that you are.

No it doesn't.
oralloy

Wed 13 Jan, 2021 01:34 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Yes you do,

No I don't.

izzythepush wrote:
Interesting that you believe Covid 19 is a hoax

You are lying about what I believe. I've just spent an entire year locked in a bunker because of Covid 19.
izzythepush

Wed 13 Jan, 2021 01:38 pm
@oralloy,
You’re fooling yourself. You said you took Builder seriously, now you’re refuting a good part of what he says.

That’s because you’re too stupid to realise the implications of what you’ve said. Fools rush in and all that.

Now you believe David Icke is the son of God and the Queen is a shape shifting lizard.

At least we can agree on you needing to use the cat flap to get in. That’s something I suppose.
blatham

Wed 13 Jan, 2021 01:40 pm
For pleasure in these damnable times, I watch a lot of youtube blooper reels. This morning, my daughter informed me that the one minute or less scripted speech Trump gave recently ("I reject violence") took three takes for him to get through. Now there's the blooper reel I want to watch.
MontereyJack

Wed 13 Jan, 2021 01:44 pm
@oralloy,
does
farmerman

Wed 13 Jan, 2021 01:47 pm
@blatham,
do you just search 'BLOOPERS BY TRUMP"????

Ill try .Icant wait to hear him repeat the word Yosemite. Is he a complete moron or what ??