monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Walter Hinteler

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 11:58 am
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said today she has spoken to the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff about preventing President Donald Trump from initiating military actions or a nuclear strike.

Quote:
https://i.imgur.com/aaKT20a.jpg
Region Philbis

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 12:02 pm

i believe the second impeachment would include a provision whereby 45 would not be allowed to run for president in 2024 ...
Frank Apisa

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 01:28 pm
@revelette3,
revelette3 wrote:

I wish you would quit acting like Wednesday capitol riot was a regular peaceful protest outside the capitol building which is protected in the first amendment. They was in areas they were not supposed to be in and breached the building, ran riot in capitol buildings, creating mayhem and death in their wake. All of which is illegal. Advocating to overturn democratically run elections by force is illegal as well.

Anyone who does not see Wednesday's events as one of the most disgusting things ever to happen to our Republic at the hands of AMERICANS...is an idiot.

These people are so low...contempt cannot reach them.
Region Philbis

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 01:34 pm

Man who broke into Pelosi's office arrested

Federal officials said Richard Barnett of Arkansas was taken into custody Friday morning
in Little Rock.

Barnett was charged with knowingly entering and remaining in restricted building grounds
without authority, violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds as well as the
theft of public property, officials said...

https://iili.io/KiEbkX.jpg
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 01:34 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Hey Frank... happy new year.
Leadfoot

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 02:01 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
No one is regretting that people weren't killed. Well, maybe oralloy and some of the demonstrators were disappointed that the gallows they constructed wasn't used. (It didn't look functional.) But I believe what Frank was saying, knowing that he'll be sure to set me straight if I'm wrong, is that he was criticizing the lack of law enforcement,

This is my Pollyanna problem. I’m looking for the hero in any given situation.

I’m talking about the cops, not the asshole **** spreaders. Law enforcement did splendidly here. There was no real 'threat to democracy'. As it turned out, the **** spreaders were exposed for what they were and I am proud of the cops for not escalating things and letting things clarify afterward.

The problem here is you think everyone not in your tribe is a **** spreader.
(I mean the A2A crowd, not you personally)

izzythepush

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 02:06 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Quote:
There was no real 'threat to democracy'.

Tell that to the family of the policeman murdered by the rioters.
0 Replies

revelette3

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 02:19 pm
@blatham,
You might find this interesting. I know I do, anyway.

The fantasy-industrial complex gave us the Capitol Hill insurrection

revelette3

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 03:09 pm
UPDATE 1-U.S. House Democrats to introduce impeachment charges against Trump on Monday -sources

0 Replies

vikorr

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 03:24 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
God damn it! you people are stupid. You are the same ******* people who condemn the killing of students at Kent State (and that includes me) and yet here you condemn the cops for not doing the same now.

Except for the one woman killed, the capitol police and security people earned a lot of respect for their restraint. Can you even imagine the nightmare we'd be facing today if they had open fired??

And you stupid fucks rant about **** on the wall.
I think maybe the people who are amazed at them retreating are amazed that they weren't better prepared...knowing the very high likelihood of what was coming.

They could have had:
- better fencing
- front lines and/or riot teams in place
- tear gas if the front lines crumbled
- rubber bullets if rioters passed a particular line.

There are other non lethal measures they could have had in place. But it didn't seem like they were prepared at all. And they knocked back aid, from the FBI which was offered twice - obviously out of concern that it would get out of control with the numbers they had...but...nothing........

From that point of view, I'm incredibly surprised by them 'not doing anything'. Given the sheer predictability of this, and the lack of any sort of suitable preparation, I can only come to conclusion the piss poor decision making was influenced by race. Another colleague at work went 'but what if it was a ploy for Biden to be able to justify doing what he wants'...
0 Replies

snood

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 03:32 pm
Pelosi to House Democrats:

“This morning, I spoke to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley to discuss available precautions for preventing an unstable president from initiating military hostilities or accessing the launch codes and ordering a nuclear strike.”

They had to child-proof the damn nukes.
vikorr

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 04:27 pm
Quote:
Republican Senator Lisa Murkowski calls on Trump to resign

She added: “I think he should leave. He said he’s not going to show up. He’s not going to appear at the inauguration [of Joe Biden on 20 January]. He hasn’t been focused on what is going on with Covid.

“He’s either been golfing or he’s been inside the Oval Office fuming and throwing every single person who has been loyal and faithful to him under the bus, starting with the vice-president. He doesn’t want to stay there.

Is anyone suprised by what can only be called temper tantrums? Well, it could be called sulking too...
0 Replies

revelette3

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 04:33 pm
Quote:
To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the inauguration on January 20th,” he announced on Twitter.

Trump’s decision to skip Biden’s swearing-in ceremony comes after weeks of his refusing to acknowledge that Biden defeated him in the Nov. 3 election.

Trump finally acknowledged his loss in a video on Thursday, saying a new administration will take office Jan. 20.

Biden made it clear that he won't miss Trump. He called Trump's decision to boycott his inaugural "one of the few things he and I have ever agreed on."

"It's a good thing he's not showing up," Biden said Friday at a news conference in Wilmington, Delaware.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-announces-he-ll-skip-inauguration-biden-said-he-d-be-honored-to-have-pence-there/ar-BB1cAyMB?ocid=msedgntp
0 Replies

snood

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 05:25 pm
Hey, they got a candid Oralloy pic!

https://iili.io/KiNsCF.jpg
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 05:40 pm
Twitter Bans Trump Permanently

Quote:
(CNN)Twitter has suspended President Donald Trump from its platform, the company said Friday evening.

"After close review of recent Tweets from the @realDonaldTrump account and the context around them we have permanently suspended the account due to the risk of further incitement of violence," Twitter said.

"In the context of horrific events this week, we made it clear on Wednesday that additional violations of the Twitter Rules would potentially result in this very course of action."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/tech/trump-twitter-ban/index.html
snood

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 06:11 pm
That ban is about five years late, and it’s like shutting the barn door after the barn and the horses are all burnt, but I’ll still take it!!!

No more ******* Trump tweets!!
0 Replies

farmerman

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 06:12 pm
@Rebelofnj,
With Trump duck taped, What are Seth Meyers , Jimmie Kimmel, and Steve Colbert gonna do for an act???
snood

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 06:19 pm
@farmerman,
They had lucrative acts before him, and they’ll do alright after him. We all will.
0 Replies

snood

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 06:52 pm
 https://iili.io/KiOsN2.jpg
farmerman

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 07:05 pm
@snood,
BIGO had a hort reign of terror didnt he