monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

oralloy

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 10:53 am
@revelette3,
Washington Post wrote:
Internet detectives are identifying scores of pro-Trump rioters at the Capitol. Some have already been fired.

How long until people who stand up to Democrats start getting put in concentration camps?

Seriously, hopefully people start filing wrongful termination lawsuits over this nonsense.
MontereyJack

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 10:54 am
@oralloy,
oh, you mean like never.
blatham

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 10:54 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
I'm just impressed with anyone who can do it on command like that.
In our culture, it is a super power which tends to go unmentioned.

In actual fact, there is at least one species of monkey which, if some potential threat is noticed lurking beneath the tree they are in, will poop on the intruder. True story.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
oralloy

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 10:56 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
oh, you mean like never.

The way progressives act towards people who stand up to them, your "never" looks like it's coming pretty soon.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 10:56 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Seeing those cops retreating and being pushed back is cringeworthy.

God damn it! you people are stupid. You are the same ******* people who condemn the killing of students at Kent State (and that includes me) and yet here you condemn the cops for not doing the same now.

Except for the one woman killed, the capitol police and security people earned a lot of respect for their restraint. Can you even imagine the nightmare we'd be facing today if they had open fired??

And you stupid fucks rant about **** on the wall.
hightor

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 10:59 am
Quote:
How soon before Democrats start putting people who disagree with them in concentration camps??

I don't think Simon and Schuster has that the power to do anything like that.
Walter Hinteler

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 11:06 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
How long until people who stand up to Democrats start getting put in concentration camps?
Are you referring to the Gulag camps, Nazi concentration camps, the British concentration camps or the US internment camps?

All of those had a legal basis, is there still such a law existing in the USA?
oralloy

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 11:08 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I wasn't referring to any kind in particular. But progressives need to be stopped before they get any worse. They are destroying the lives of ordinary people for merely opposing them now.
oralloy

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 11:10 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

I wonder if they can be sued for any kind of breach of contract.
revelette3

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 11:16 am
@oralloy,
I wish you would quit acting like Wednesday capitol riot was a regular peaceful protest outside the capitol building which is protected in the first amendment. They was in areas they were not supposed to be in and breached the building, ran riot in capitol buildings, creating mayhem and death in their wake. All of which is illegal. Advocating to overturn democratically run elections by force is illegal as well.
maporsche

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 11:24 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

I wasn't referring to any kind in particular. But progressives need to be stopped before they get any worse. They are destroying the lives of ordinary people for merely opposing them now.

If you care so much about this ---- do something?
0 Replies

maporsche

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 11:25 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

hightor wrote:

I can't imagine the contract that says "S&S will adhere to this contract no matter what the writer does or does not do before the book is published."
Rebelofnj

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 11:29 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

@drmoore wrote:
Mr. President, people are dead. The Capitol is ransacked. There are 12 dangerous days for our country left.
Could you please step down and let our country heal? twitter.com/realdonaldtrum…

Perhaps Mr. Biden and his VP whore could step down instead in order to help the country heal.

That doesn't make any sense, as Trump was President when the riots occurred, and was the one who encouraged the rioters.
MontereyJack

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 11:31 am
@oralloy,
Oh. you mean like george floyd?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 11:34 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Hawley wrote: "Let me be clear, this is not just a contract dispute. It's a direct assault on the First Amendment."

As someone with a bit of education, and especially as a senator, he must have known to be false: the First Amendment protects from censorship from the government, and any private publishing company is under no obligation to publish anything.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 11:37 am
@Leadfoot,
You’re the stupid one. Kent State was against peaceful protesters, these people assaulted the capitol. They didn’t stand outside singing songs and waving placards, they used violence.
hightor

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 11:46 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
And you stupid fucks rant about **** on the wall.

Why so harsh?

No one is regretting that people weren't killed. Well, maybe oralloy and some of the demonstrators were disappointed that the gallows they constructed wasn't used. (It didn't look functional.) But I believe what Frank was saying, knowing that he'll be sure to set me straight if I'm wrong, is that he was criticizing the lack of law enforcement, that the cops had no choice but to let the mob proceed because they were undermanned. Had there been a solid line of National Guard troops, as was used during the BLM demonstrations in the summer, the line would have held, and the Capitol custodians wouldn't have had to clean up the manure left by the patriots in the symbolic hall of democracy.
revelette3

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 11:50 am
I wonder what you all's thoughts are on calls for impeachment in Trump's remaining days in office. I don't think it could be logically be done nor am I sure he would actually be removed from office even democrats managed to get it done in the house.

House Democrats move rapidly toward impeaching Trump a second time

I mean, they haven't started yet, still waiting to see if Pence will use the 25th amendment, but won't it look worse if they start and run out of time to finish it?
hightor

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 11:53 am
@revelette3,
He wouldn't be removed as the Senate wouldn't have time to hold a trial but he'd be the first president to be impeached twice.

I'd prefer him writing a public apology, delivering it on TV, and then serving time in the stocks.