monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

farmerman

Thu 7 Jan, 2021 08:33 pm
@oralloy,
If he doesnt resign an tries to pardon himself his criminal legacy will have been made. Then, after hes out, self pardonned, we can try him to TEST whether a president can pardon himself.
Id like the 25th A or impeachment. How many Senators would stand by him after what happened yesterday???

These are all questions to which no answers exist, YET.

And of course there is the southern District of NYS.

Yessir interesting times . He will probably want another TV show,

"The BATSHIT BUREAUCRAT"

"Mr President Tweets"
oralloy

Thu 7 Jan, 2021 08:48 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
If he doesnt resign an tries to pardon himself his criminal legacy will have been made.

Hardly.

farmerman wrote:
Id like the 25th A or impeachment.

I like the idea of using them to remove Mr. Biden.

farmerman wrote:
And of course there is the southern District of NYS.

Not after he self-pardons.

farmerman wrote:
He will probably want another TV show,

That may well be the best way to rally people to undermine the Biden Administration.
farmerman

Thu 7 Jan, 2021 08:50 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Someone, tell the poor boy.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 7 Jan, 2021 08:50 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
A capitol police officer has died from injuries sustained yesterday.
https://twitter.com/RepDeanPhillips/status/1347332408245366784

The above is apparently in error:
https://twitter.com/HouseInSession/status/1347352809394593792
Builder

Thu 7 Jan, 2021 08:54 pm
@roger,
Quote:
I have to wonder what you think the word 'logistics' means.

I've worked in logistics for a documentary org, roger, but in this instance, this one from the dictionary online will suffice.

Quote:
the detailed organization and implementation of a complex operation.
0 Replies

Ragman

Thu 7 Jan, 2021 09:25 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Posting again, for the slow learners; anyone who thinks this was an attempted coup, needs a lesson in logistics.

Perhaps you mean Linguistics.

It was an attempted coup. Trump had spent 2 hours with Pence trying to convince him to participate in it with him. He refused.
farmerman

Thu 7 Jan, 2021 09:37 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:

Perhaps you mean Linguistics.
excellent!
coluber2001

Thu 7 Jan, 2021 09:42 pm
Facing calls for his removal, Trump reverses positions on election loss, rioters and Covid.

Trump acknowledged a new administration in a statement.

Jan. 7, 2021, 6:42 PM CST
By Dartunorro Clark

A day after he told his supporters "we love you," President Donald Trump condemned them Thursday for violently swarming the U.S. Capitol in a statement that called for a "seamless transition of power."

"America is and must always be a nation of law and order. The demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol have defiled the seat of American democracy," Trump said. "To those who engaged in acts of violence and destruction, you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law, you will pay."

Although it was filled with numerous falsehoods, the statement marks a stark shift for Trump, who only Wednesday had been slow to call for the rioters to disperse and had to be persuaded to send reinforcements for Capitol Police as the building was under siege.

Rioters storming Congress: How did we get here?

His remarks Thursday were a remarkable about-face from the video he released Wednesday shortly after rioters stormed the building following a Trump rally, disrupting Congress as it was formally affirming President-elect Joe Biden's Electoral College victory. Lawmakers and Vice President Mike Pence, who was presiding over the count, were forced to flee. At least four people died.

He told rioters: "We love you. You're very special."

After the violence, however, Trump has faced growing calls from lawmakers for his impeachment for having encouraged supporters to march on the Capitol. There has also been increasing pressure on Pence and other Cabinet officials to invoke the 25th Amendment to the Constitution to remove Trump from office just days before his term ends.

Over the last four years, he has rarely criticized acts of violence or racism by supporters.

"Now Congress has certified the results, and the new administration will be inaugurated on January 20. My focus now turns to ensuring a smooth, orderly and seamless transition of power. This moment calls for healing and reconciliation," he said.

It was also a shift from a statement released Wednesday on Twitter through Dan Scavino, his deputy chief of staff for communications, in which Trump repeated baseless claims of widespread voter fraud.

In the statement, Trump promised an "orderly transition" of power but also said, "I totally disagree with the outcome of the election."

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3622971294447759&id=100002047713159
oralloy

Thu 7 Jan, 2021 10:06 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:
It was an attempted coup.

No it wasn't.
0 Replies

hingehead

Thu 7 Jan, 2021 10:38 pm
@coluber2001,
Amazing what the threat of a stint in jail will do for your motivations.

We all saw the video of the crime family cheering on the protesters he goaded into marching on the building from the safety of their bunker tent. Thanks Junior.

On Parler and other rwnj hangouts the confusion and anger is palpable. Yeah - you were used and fooled.
coluber2001

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 12:22 am
@hingehead,
I imagine his cabinet members mentioned the possibility of invoking the 25th amendment if he didn't temper his language. Trump is a runaway train and they put him on a siding until he gets control of himself. If he just shuts up for two weeks, he might avoid another impeachment or the 25th.
roger

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 12:22 am
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:

On Parler and other rwnj hangouts the confusion and anger is palpable. Yeah - you were used and fooled.

Yeah, no matter how loyal you are to Trump, you eventually find out that loyalty goes up: not down. There is no one that man won't throw under the bus.
Walter Hinteler

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 12:31 am
@roger,
What really makes me wonder is that someone still calls the unlawful entry of public property, the stealing of paperwork and electronic devices from congressional offices ("has national security implications"), killing a policeman, placing pipe bombs ... a "peaceful demonstration".

But since one of those peaceful demonstrators, who needed a Russian interpreter, told a judge, "I don’t know what unlawful entry you are referring to", I really might be wrong.
0 Replies

hingehead

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 01:01 am
@coluber2001,
I think the 25th was a better option from his perspective than the sedition charges he was facing.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 01:48 am
https://grrrgraphics.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/January_6_protest-1024x744.jpg
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 02:05 am
@oralloy,
United States Capital Police: Loss of USCP Officer Brian D. Sicknick
Quote:
At approximately 9:30 p.m. this evening (January 7, 2021), United States Capitol Police Officer Brian D. Sicknick passed away due to injuries sustained while on-duty.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 03:01 am
@farmerman,
It’s very public spirited of Builder to let the slow learners know they’re still bloody geniuses compared to him.

It’s understandable he’d believe Trump wasn’t attempting a coup because he didn’t have any chucks to put in the coop.

“Help me Dunny Cop, you’re my only hope.”
0 Replies

hightor

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 03:41 am
Quote:

If a president can pardon himself this sets up a situation where any president can, with impunity, choose any course of action he wishes, legal or illegal. It's bad enough that Trump can pardon his criminal accomplices. To give a powerful ruler the freedom to escape justice for any federal crime he commits is ridiculous.
Quote:
No it wasn't

They attempted to change the government by force.
Quote:
Coup d'état - a sudden decisive exercise of force in politics; especially : the violent overthrow or alteration of an existing government by a small group.

The intention of the invading mob was to reverse the results of a free and fair election through physical intimidation. I wonder what the idiots would have done if the state ballot boxes had fallen into their hands.

EDIT: Experts disagree, back oralloy:

It Wasn’t Strictly a Coup Attempt. But It’s Not Over, Either.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 03:51 am
@blatham,
Quote:
Leadfoot Quote:
Antifa, Russians, Chinese and other actors would find this to be a perfect venue for their purposes.

blatham replied:
Also, the interdimentional vampires that populate Hollywood. Don't forget them! This guy hasn't.

Yeah, yeah, look at the loony Trumpster. I get yer point.

Not that either of us knows, but who do you think funds/hires/encourages the Qanon's et al ?

If I wanted to control the American public, I’d be an idiot not to. The goal is not to win votes for any particular side, but to get your enemy so muddle headed he has no clue where to look for you.

It just pisses me off that we're so ******* easy to dupe.
izzythepush

Fri 8 Jan, 2021 04:00 am
A few facts for the really slow learners out there.

David Icke is not the son of God.
The Queen is not a shape shifting lizard.
Jews do not control the World or the Saudi Royal family and had nothing to do with 9/11.
The moon landings happened.