monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

izzythepush

Sun 3 Jan, 2021 02:06 am
@lmur,
I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s as dishonest about that as he is about everything else.

I bet he still hasn’t worked out how to go through doors.
oralloy

Sun 3 Jan, 2021 04:28 am
@izzythepush,
You have a big mouth for such a phony. You cannot back up your empty claim by pointing out anything untrue in any of my posts.

You are the person with a low IQ here. I'm the one with the 170 IQ.
oralloy

Sun 3 Jan, 2021 04:31 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
See, this is the disconnect...... You think you are involved in 'arguments' while the rest of us are involved in conversations.

You lack the ability to participate in conversations. All you are capable of is spouting childish name-calling.
oralloy

Sun 3 Jan, 2021 04:34 am
@blatham,
@brhodes wrote:
What's happening in the Senate has nothing to do with polarization. It's a far right attempt to overthrow an election and institute authoritarian rule. The frame of "polarization" absolves Republicans of being an extremist, far right, authoritarian movement.

Look everyone! Blatham thinks what that other guy thinks! Rolling Eyes Drunk Laughing Laughing Laughing

Anyway, regarding what that other guy thinks, I say: What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.
0 Replies

Builder

Sun 3 Jan, 2021 04:41 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
All you are capable of is spouting childish name-calling.

Her key charms are in petty hypocrisy, and end-times prophecy.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 3 Jan, 2021 04:52 am
"Soapboxing" is now against the rules at a2k???

Isn't "soapboxing" what every single person in the political threads is doing?

Is that not what Blatham is doing? When is Blatham going to be suspended?
izzythepush

Sun 3 Jan, 2021 05:02 am
@oralloy,
Again with the limited vocabulary.

You’re delusional. It’s been proven time and time again that you’re very dim, incapable of understanding when you’re wrong, and lacking the backbone to admit being wrong.

The only person who believes your nonsense is Builder and he worships David Icke.

And now you’re whining about Blatham posting stuff beyond your ken.

How very sad.
snood

Sun 3 Jan, 2021 05:27 am
@oralloy,
Can you name the last time you admitted being wrong about something here?
oralloy

Sun 3 Jan, 2021 05:51 am
@snood,
Probably the 2/3 requirement for expelling a member of Congress when I was talking with farmerman and Rebelofnj.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 3 Jan, 2021 05:56 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Again with the limited vocabulary.

Liar.

izzythepush wrote:
You're delusional.

You cannot point out a single untrue statement in any of my posts.

izzythepush wrote:
It's been proven time and time again that you're very dim,

Nope. You are the only stupid person currently present.

izzythepush wrote:
incapable of understanding when you're wrong,

Wrong again. I always recognize it when I am wrong.

izzythepush wrote:
and lacking the backbone to admit being wrong.

Liar. I'm always quick to admit it when I'm wrong.

izzythepush wrote:
The only person who believes your nonsense is Builder

Facts are not nonsense no matter how much you dislike them. And Builder is not the only person here who believes facts.

izzythepush wrote:
And now you're whining about Blatham posting stuff beyond your ken.

Blatham may not be as stupid as you are, but he is too stupid to post anything beyond my ken.
Rebelofnj

Sun 3 Jan, 2021 06:00 am
Mitt Romney and other GOP senators say they will oppose an effort by their colleagues to challenge the election results

Quote:
Sen. Mitt Romney of Utah and other Republican senators said on Saturday that they will oppose an effort by their colleagues to challenge the results of the 2020 presidential election.Earlier in the day, Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas announced he will object to the certification of Electoral College votes, and a number of GOP senators are expected to join him.

"The egregious ploy to reject electors may enhance the political ambition of some, but dangerously threatens our Democratic Republic," Romney said in a statement.

President-elect Joe Biden won the election by receiving 306 electoral votes compared to President Donald Trump's 232. The results have been certified in every state, and presidential electors cast their votes last month.

The electors' votes are set to be certified Wednesday during a joint session of Congress that is usually procedural, confirming the winner that voters and the Electoral College have already chosen.

Cruz's effort to object could delay the certification of the results, but it will not change the election results in any US state.

Romney harshly rejected the effort, emphasizing the will of the voters.

"Were Congress to actually reject state electors, partisans would inevitably demand the same any time their candidate had lost," Romney said. "Congress, not voters in the respective states, would choose our presidents."

Republicans planning to object are reportedly requesting a 10-day emergency audit of the election results in some states, though Romney also noted that the Trump campaign lost all of its election lawsuits and that the Justice Department found no evidence of widespread voter fraud that would change the outcome.

He also criticized Trump directly for calling on his supporters to rally in DC the day the vote would be certified, saying it could lead to "disruption, and worse."

"I could never have imagined seeing these things in the greatest democracy in the world," Romney said. "Has ambition so eclipsed principle?"

Sen. Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania and Sen. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska also said they would oppose the effort.

https://news.yahoo.com/mitt-romney-other-gop-senators-024917687.html

A reminder that a simple majority is needed in both chambers to certify the election. The Democrats have a majority in the House, and 3 more GOP senators (like the ones named in the article) needs to join the Democrats and Independents in the Senate.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 3 Jan, 2021 06:01 am
@oralloy,
More repetitive nonsense cut and pasted from previous posts.

I have better things to do than explain the flaming obvious to a complete idiot.
oralloy

Sun 3 Jan, 2021 06:02 am
@izzythepush,
Facts are not nonsense no matter how much you dislike reality.

You are the only person currently present who has a low IQ.
izzythepush

Sun 3 Jan, 2021 06:19 am
@oralloy,
You wouldn’t know a fact if it bit you on the arse.
hightor

Sun 3 Jan, 2021 06:27 am
a person wrote:
"Soapboxing" is now against the rules at a2k???

It's been a rule as long as I can remember:

Quote:
6) No volume-spam or "soapboxing"

For example, if you start post after post about your favored conspiracy theory or engaging in religious proselytization, you might be over the line. This rule is fundamentally about the signal-to-noise ratio of your posts: if you're posting large volumes of content that doesn't provide value to the community, you might be suspended. Nonsensical or incoherent posts will be removed at any volume.

On this thread, for instance, multiple posts attacking Trump are a recurring feature. But that's only because nearly every day you can find a new negative account of something Trump did — or didn't — do. The subject stays the same but the details change on a daily basis. It's different than repeatedly trotting out the same facts about the heat of burning jet fuel and whether it can melt steel beams.
Quote:

Isn't "soapboxing" what every single person in the political threads is doing?

No.
Quote:

Is that not what Blatham is doing?

No.
Quote:
When is Blatham going to be suspended?

When he violates the rules, I guess.

hightor

Sun 3 Jan, 2021 07:00 am
I'm sure everyone's heard this joke at some point:

Quote:
The comedian shows his friend the sign-up list for performers, then they grab their seats. The first performer walks out onto the stage, and says:

"16!"

He gets a few chuckles.

"5679!"

The crowd starts to laugh

"227!"

The crowd is in uproar, practically dying with laughter.

The friend turns to his comedian compatriot, and asks, "What's going on? Why are the numbers so funny?"

"Well," he replied, "We've all heard almost every joke told hundreds of times, so we documented them. There's a huge collection of books in the foyer filled with them. It's more about composition now. Hey, you could probably try it out!"

The friend thinks to himself, then goes to sign himself up. If all he has to do is say numbers, this should be easy, right?

Eventually, he's called to the stage. He ascends to it confidently, and strides purposefully to the microphone.

"2459," He calls confidently.

Silence.

"...uh...103!"

Dead silence. Someone coughs.

"6?"

A guy in the 7th row starts booing, and the man leaves, ashamed.

"What did I do wrong? I thought the numbers all corresponded to jokes," he wailed to the comedian.

"They do! But your delivery was terrible."

I think it would be great if u/oralloy took the time to compile his favorite well-worn, overused, and incessantly repeated talking points and assigned each one a number. These ones came to mind right away:

1. outlaw the Democratic Party
2. progressives are evil
3. pistol grips are constitutionally protected
4. "witch hunt"
5. my I.Q. is 170
6. you cannot point out a single untrue statement
7. Zimmerman (Rittenhouse, the McCloskys, etc.) is a patriotic hero
8. Godwin's Law, I won the debate
9. you engage in childish name-calling because you lack intelligence
10. I'm a million (billion, trillion) times smarter than you

Feel free to add to the list and remind u/oralloy to use the numbers so he'll have more time for gaming, while saving bandwidth for this site.
oralloy

Sun 3 Jan, 2021 07:09 am
@hightor,
Given the fact that I am saying the same things only because I am replying to progressives who are endlessly repeating the same things, perhaps progressives should number their delusional nonsense first.

If they do, I'll start numbering my factual rebuttals.
oralloy

Sun 3 Jan, 2021 07:12 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
On this thread, for instance, multiple posts attacking Trump are a recurring feature. But that's only because nearly every day you can find a new negative account of something Trump did -- or didn't -- do. The subject stays the same but the details change on a daily basis. It's different than repeatedly trotting out the same facts about the heat of burning jet fuel and whether it can melt steel beams.

Given the fact that Mr. Trump's claims that Mr. Biden cheated are currently headline news, how is it soapboxing for someone to actively post about that?
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 3 Jan, 2021 07:13 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
You wouldn’t know a fact if it bit you on the arse.

Your inability to point out any untrue statements in my posts shows otherwise.
izzythepush

Sun 3 Jan, 2021 07:25 am
@oralloy,
You’re saying the same things because you don’t know any other words.