monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

farmerman

Sat 2 Jan, 2021 02:01 pm
@oralloy,
Youre waay too busy planning "Krystalnacht II" to be taxing your neural ganglion (yes I meant it as singular)
oralloy

Sat 2 Jan, 2021 02:05 pm
@farmerman,
You are a liar for falsely accusing me of your own lack of intelligence.

Oh, and Godwin's Law. I win yet another debate. Cool
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 2 Jan, 2021 02:07 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Pleeeeeeeze dont try to think Ollie, you know what it does to your blastular tezzmoid

I think quite well. That's because I don't have a low IQ like you do.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sat 2 Jan, 2021 02:17 pm
11 Republican Senators Plan to Back Futile Bid to Overturn Biden’s Election
Quote:
A group of senators and senators-elect, led by Ted Cruz of Texas, said that they would object to the outcome of the election, while conceding that their effort would be unsuccessful.

WASHINGTON — Eleven Republican senators and senators-elect said on Saturday that they would vote to reject President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr.’s victory next week when Congress meets to formally certify it, defying the results of a free and fair election to indulge President Trump’s futile attempts to remain in power with false claims of voting fraud.

While their move will not change the outcome, it guarantees that what would normally be a perfunctory session on Capitol Hill on Wednesday to ratify the results of the presidential election will instead become a partisan brawl, in which Republicans amplify specious claims of widespread election rigging and impropriety that were dismissed by courts across the country.

It will also expose deep rifts among Republicans at a critical time, forcing them to choose between accepting the results of a democratic election — even if it means angering supporters who dislike the outcome — and displaying loyalty to Mr. Trump, who has demanded that they back his bid to cling to the presidency.

In a joint statement, the Republicans — including seven senators and four who are to be sworn in on Sunday — called for a 10-day audit of election returns in “disputed states,” and said they would vote to reject the electors from those states until one was completed.

The group is led by Senator Ted Cruz of Texas and also includes Senators Ron Johnson of Wisconsin, James Lankford of Oklahoma, Steve Daines of Montana, John Kennedy of Louisiana, Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee and Mike Braun of Indiana, and Senators-elect Cynthia Lummis of Wyoming, Roger Marshall of Kansas, Bill Hagerty of Tennessee and Tommy Tuberville of Alabama.

Together with Senator Josh Hawley of Missouri, who announced this week that he would object to Congress’s certification of the election results, they bring to nearly one quarter the proportion of Senate Republicans who have broken with their leaders to join the effort to invalidate Mr. Biden’s victory. In the House, more than half of Republicans joined a failed lawsuit seeking to overturn the will of the voters, and more are expected to support the effort to challenge the results in Congress next week.
oralloy

Sat 2 Jan, 2021 02:24 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Any word on whether the Republicans have an alternative slate of electors for Wisconsin?

They really should try to take Wisconsin and give it to Mr. Trump IMO.
Rebelofnj

Sat 2 Jan, 2021 02:29 pm
@oralloy,
You're the self-proclaimed genius. You can find out on your own if your state Republicans sent an alternate set of electors.
oralloy

Sat 2 Jan, 2021 02:34 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I can. But I'm not interested enough to take the time to research it.

There is something called "polite conversation" that you seem to be unfamiliar with. People sometimes ask questions of people who are bringing news of a subject.

Also, what I said is that my IQ is 170.

I don't reject the label of genius, but it's not one that I've ever applied to myself.
MontereyJack

Sat 2 Jan, 2021 02:55 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Michigan trump electors did in fact try to cast their ballots for trump even tho the gesture was meaningless since he lost the election and was so certified as the loser. Trump and his allies are trying to steal the election. They lost. They are the thieves. They, like oralloy, trump, and American Greatness live in an alternative reality.
https://amgreatness.com/2020/12/14/republican-electors-in-7-contested-states-cast-conditional-votes-for-president-trump-gop-electors-in-michigan-blocked/
oralloy

Sat 2 Jan, 2021 03:05 pm
@MontereyJack,
Thanks much for the link! Very Happy
Quote:
Republicans in Pennsylvania, Arizona, Georgia, Wisconsin, New Mexico, and Nevada entered competing slates of electors for President Donald Trump on Monday as Electoral College members in six contested battleground states officially cast their ballots for Democrat Joe Biden. [Update: Although initially blocked by state authorities, a delegation of 16 Michigan Republican Electors were eventually able to convene and cast their ballots for President Trump, bringing the tally to seven states entering competing slates. Louisiana's eight Presidential Electors also convened in the Louisiana Senate chambers on Monday to cast provisional votes for the president].

So, now that that's settled, the Republicans should push to accept the Trump slate of electors from Wisconsin.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Sat 2 Jan, 2021 03:07 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
...I'm not interested enough to take the time...

This is probably what causes your intellectual dullness.
Being slothful will never serve you well.
oralloy

Sat 2 Jan, 2021 03:09 pm
@Sturgis,
You are the one who is intellectually dull here. My IQ is 170.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 2 Jan, 2021 03:10 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
They are the thieves.

The law gives Congress every right to reject the Biden slate from Wisconsin and accept the Trump slate in its stead.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Sat 2 Jan, 2021 03:16 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
...the intellectually dull..

You are borderline to dullard. Go and learn what intellectually dull is.

Quote:
My IQ is 170

So you say. Am I to be impressed? I am not. You are rarely capable of even being part of a conversation, therefore, the alleged IQ number is rather useless.
lmur

Sat 2 Jan, 2021 04:16 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

You need to make allowances for someone who's been holed up in his parent's root cellar playing World of Warcraft since March...

oralloy

Sat 2 Jan, 2021 06:06 pm
@lmur,
I started playing in vanilla, but it was late in vanilla.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 2 Jan, 2021 06:07 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:
You are borderline to dullard.

You shouldn't falsely accuse your betters of your own dim-wittedness.

Sturgis wrote:
You are rarely capable of even being part of a conversation,

Sure I am. Progressives don't like it because I always provide facts and progressives don't like facts. But I participate in conversations all the time.

On the other hand, you are not qualified to converse. That's why you spout childish name-calling all the time. You're not capable of making an intelligent argument.
blatham

Sat 2 Jan, 2021 11:02 pm
Quote:
Ben Rhodes
@brhodes
1h
What's happening in the Senate has nothing to do with polarization. It's a far right attempt to overthrow an election and institute authoritarian rule. The frame of "polarization" absolves Republicans of being an extremist, far right, authoritarian movement.

It is critically important to recognize the truth of this.
glitterbag

Sat 2 Jan, 2021 11:14 pm
@oralloy,
Oral's latest mind-numbing statement:

"On the other hand, you are not qualified to converse. That's why you spout childish name-calling all the time. You're not capable of making an intelligent argument."

See, this is the disconnect...... You think you are involved in 'arguments' while the rest of us are involved in conversations. Try to put on your big boy pants and pretend you're talking about some 3D movie, because when you get involved in those things you actually participate like you have an opinion instead of some martinet squawking 'progressives hate facts,,Swak...My IQ is 140 squak...2nd amendment is the only thing that matters Squak Sqauk . Face it, you have about 11 statements in your repertoire....you should just number them and save all that time writing the same thing over and over. Trust me, everyone here that you have ever bored into a coma would appreciate it, hell we might even start to read your stuff if you ever have an original thought and share it. Jesus Christ have mercy.
glitterbag

Sat 2 Jan, 2021 11:29 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
Ben Rhodes
@brhodes
1h
What's happening in the Senate has nothing to do with polarization. It's a far right attempt to overthrow an election and institute authoritarian rule. The frame of "polarization" absolves Republicans of being an extremist, far right, authoritarian movement.

It is critically important to recognize the truth of this.

I worry about this
0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 3 Jan, 2021 12:15 am
@glitterbag,
On another thread Ollie presumed that not all standing USSC decisions, " even Matter".