hightor

Fri 1 Jan, 2021 05:12 am
@Builder,
Go to bed, kid.
0 Replies

hightor

Fri 1 Jan, 2021 05:28 am
Quote:
“Thank God they didn’t know how to run a government,” said Thomas Armstrong, who during the Obama administration led the U.S. Global Change Research Program, which produces the assessment. “It could have been a lot worse.”

How Trump Tried, but Largely Failed, to Derail America’s Top Climate Report
0 Replies

snood

Fri 1 Jan, 2021 06:52 am
An apple is a fruit that has a thin, smooth edible skin that is commonly red, but can be shades of yellow and green. It has edible flesh that is basically white-colored.

Whereas an orange has a thicker, coarser-textured orange-colored skin that is sometimes grated for garnish, but is generally considered not edible. It has edible flesh that is usually orange colored, although there are varieties that are red.

See what I did there? I compared apples to oranges!

Never let them define what’s possible and impossible for you.😃

Happy New Year to all!

(Borrowed this idea from comedian Ronny Chieng)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Fri 1 Jan, 2021 08:54 am
Officially, President Trump used the holidays to work "tirelessly for the American people", as the White House announced.
In fact, however, he was working on his handicap at his Mar-a-Lago holiday resort.

But In between golf games, he had plenty of time to leave all kinds of angry and spiteful messages on Twitter. Almost as if he wanted to show himself once again what it means to be ready for the course permit.

Be environmentally friendly and use the recycled good intentions of the last years also for 2021! Happy new year!
revelette3

Fri 1 Jan, 2021 09:05 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I wonder if they managed to get rid of Melania's Mar-a-Lago renovations after Christmas in time for the New Years. (I think they came back early)

Trump Gets Mad At Mar-a-Lago Staff Over Renovations Made By Melania: Report
0 Replies

revelette3

Fri 1 Jan, 2021 09:10 am
Trump returns to White House early, offers year-end message

So, I wonder what the guest of the New Years party did without the host? Do they want their money back?
oralloy

Fri 1 Jan, 2021 09:49 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
TL:DR
Sorry.

Short version: You're a liar, and you cannot point out anything untrue in my posts.

Typical progressive dishonesty.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 1 Jan, 2021 09:52 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
The fact that toadies of his gang in the Senate did not find for the prosecution was just BS politics.

That is incorrect. It was the fact that the President had not committed a crime or committed any other wrongdoing.

farmerman wrote:
The Senate Ladership didnt even allow most of the evidence against Trump, (so itd sound like he was railroaded).

There was no evidence against Mr. Trump.

Like I said above, what he was accused of doing wasn't a crime or any sort of wrongdoing.
0 Replies

hightor

Fri 1 Jan, 2021 10:07 am
@revelette3,
Quote:
He called the vaccine, which is rolling out nationwide, a “truly unprecedented medical miracle” and said it would be available to every American early this coming year. “We have to be remembered for what’s been done,” Trump said in the nearly five-minute message.

Not really a "miracle" though, just an example of scientific progress in medicine and what happens when research is heavily funded. The urgency was understood by all. We have reason to doubt Trump's optimistic timeline, however. He told us that twenty million USAmericans would have been vaccinated by now; it's more like three million. This is an administration that never really follows through, preferring to shift responsibility to others, the states in this case.

I'm sure he'll be remembered for what's been done — helping to spread the pandemic by undercutting public health warnings, undermining governors ("Liberate Michigan"), and disputing the science.
oralloy

Fri 1 Jan, 2021 10:16 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
Not really a "miracle" though, just an example of scientific progress in medicine and what happens when research is heavily funded.

Thanks to Mr. Trump for providing that heavy funding.

hightor wrote:
I'm sure he'll be remembered for what's been done -- helping to spread the pandemic by undercutting public health warnings, undermining governors ("Liberate Michigan"), and disputing the science.

Joe Biden was the one who helped to spread the pandemic. He disrupted the government with a sham impeachment for the entire first month of the pandemic.

What Mr. Trump did was provide that aforementioned heavy funding that is bringing us early vaccines.
0 Replies

hightor

Fri 1 Jan, 2021 10:24 am
a person wrote:
...and you cannot point out anything untrue in my posts.

Actually I did — but one of this person's defense mechanisms, much like that of his hero Trump, is blanket denial that he's ever wrong. Because of this trait, it's generally nonconstructive to attempt further reasoning with the individual. Any comments I make concerning this person's errors, misunderstandings, and outright lies are addressed to other people on this site, for their amusement. While I enjoy provoking him to post his entertainingly inept responses I've learned not to bother actually conversing with this member.

Quote:
[Biden] disrupted the government with a sham impeachment for the entire first month...

As was pointed out, Biden was not in the government at that time.
Quote:

What Mr. Trump did was provide that aforementioned heavy funding that is bringing us early vaccines.

Which is what anyone in his office would have done. He didn't fund the research himself; it wasn't his money. He told the government to work on developing vaccines as quickly as possible. It's called "doing his job". It's not particularly exceptional or noteworthy.
oralloy

Fri 1 Jan, 2021 10:47 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
a person wrote:
...and you cannot point out anything untrue in my posts.

Actually I did

No you didn't. And you cannot provide any examples of you having done so. You're just another phony who can't back up his empty claims.

hightor wrote:
but one of this person's defense mechanisms, much like that of his hero Trump, is blanket denial that he's ever wrong.

Wrong again. I'm always quick to admit it when I am wrong. You're just lying about me having been wrong.

hightor wrote:
Because of this trait, it's generally nonconstructive to attempt further reasoning with the individual. Any comments I make concerning this person's errors, misunderstandings, and outright lies are addressed to other people on this site, for their amusement. While I enjoy provoking him to post his entertainingly inept responses I've learned not to bother actually conversing with this member.

You're just lying to distract from the fact that you are a phony who cannot point out anything untrue in my posts.

hightor wrote:
As was pointed out, Biden was not in the government at that time.

As was pointed out, his henchmen were in control of the House.

hightor wrote:
Which is what anyone in his office would have done. He didn't fund the research himself; it wasn't his money. He told the government to work on developing vaccines as quickly as possible. It's called "doing his job". It's not particularly exceptional or noteworthy.

Actually, no. Spending tons of money on unproven vaccines was a bold risk that not every person would have taken.

But even if it had actually been something that any person would have done, he did a good job with the vaccines, and progressives are typically dishonest to deny that he has done a good job with the vaccines.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Fri 1 Jan, 2021 01:49 pm

Senate votes to override Trump's veto on defense bill

The Senate voted on Friday to override Trump's veto of the sweeping defense bill known as
the National Defense Authorization Act, delivering a bipartisan rebuke to the President in
his final days in office.

Trump's veto forced Republicans to decide whether to defy the President in support of
legislation that sets defense policy for the country. The legislation, however, originally
passed both the House and Senate with veto-proof majorities and the House voted on
Monday to override the veto. The final vote was 81-13, far above the two-thirds majority
needed...
oralloy

Fri 1 Jan, 2021 01:50 pm
@Region Philbis,
That's too bad. Anti-southern bigotry is a bad thing.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 1 Jan, 2021 01:57 pm
As someone who lives in the South I have to say I’ve not noticed any anti Southern bigotry at all. A lot of mindless repetitive nonsense but that’s about par for the course with that particular party.

They remind me of an obsolete 1970s computer programme with functions, responses and vocabulary that’s got some sort of virus and is going senile.

But hey that’s just me. I’m not claiming to speak for anyone else.
hightor

Fri 1 Jan, 2021 02:23 pm
@Region Philbis,
Senate votes to override Trump's veto on defense bill

That's good news. It only took four years. But this is a great way for Trump to make his exit — "a bipartisan rebuke to the President in his final days in office." Very Happy
oralloy

Fri 1 Jan, 2021 04:01 pm
@hightor,
Anti-south bigotry is the opposite of good. Shame on you.
oralloy

Fri 1 Jan, 2021 04:05 pm
@izzythepush,
Facts are always inconvenient for progressives, but no. No matter how much progressives deny reality, facts are not nonsense.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Fri 1 Jan, 2021 04:11 pm
@oralloy,
even for you that's nonsense.