monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

BillW

Fri 18 Dec, 2020 11:54 pm
@BillW,
BillW wrote:

I think you are seeing her devising her "Final Solution"....... It's back to clearing the world anyway possible of the old, lame and non white!

BTW, this is being accomplished not only through Rump Virus ignorance but also through the none funding of the Senate for needy Americans. Who cares, they should be dead, right cj?!
coldjoint

Sat 19 Dec, 2020 12:00 am
@BillW,
BillW wrote:

BillW wrote:

I think you are seeing her devising her "Final Solution"....... It's back to clearing the world anyway possible of the old, lame and non white!

BTW, this is being accomplished not only through Rump Virus ignorance but also through the none funding of the Senate for needy Americans. Who cares, they should be dead, right cj?!

I asked you to prove what you said. You can't.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sat 19 Dec, 2020 12:19 am
@coldjoint,
I don't hate any of them, they are just prime examples of what's wrong with this country. Hopefully they will repent....I mean actually repent and become useful.
vikorr

Sat 19 Dec, 2020 12:21 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:
She worked elections for 20 years. She was full time every election.
Do you have a source link...because your wording can be taken two ways:
1. She was hired for each election (in which case she also ceases work after each election)
2. She was a 20 year, full time electoral worker (even when elections weren't on).
And to be clear - if it is the last one, then that is much more interesting than the first one - which first one is meaningless 'news'.

Mind you, government here also does such shennanigans. I find it corrupt and undemocratic. The government calls it 'getting rid of rule breakers'...but government shouldn't be trying to keep unecessary secrets from its own citizens. Here they introduced a law that can see journalists charged for revealing information they didn't get through the correct channels. Search warrants have been executed in TV stations and journalists homes by our Federal Police searching for sources....often of information embarassing to the government, but in the end, not of a security nature.
coldjoint

Sat 19 Dec, 2020 12:48 am
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:

Quote:
She worked elections for 20 years. She was full time every election.
Do you have a source link...because your wording can be taken two ways:
1. She was hired for each election (in which case she also ceases work after each election)
2. She was a 20 year, full time electoral worker (even when elections weren't on).
And to be clear - if it is the last one, then that is much more interesting than the first one - which first one is meaningless 'news'.

Mind you, government here also does such shennanigans. I find it corrupt and undemocratic. The government calls it 'getting rid of rule breakers'...but government shouldn't be trying to keep unecessary secrets from its own citizens. Here they introduced a law that can see journalists charged for revealing information they didn't get through the correct channels. Search warrants have been executed in TV stations and journalists homes by our Federal Police searching for sources....often of information embarassing to the government, but in the end, not of a security nature.

Why fire someone with 20 years experience even if she just works elections? She had no complaints in 2016. Or 18 for that matter.
coldjoint

Sat 19 Dec, 2020 12:52 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I don't hate any of them

No, you hate them all.
Quote:
and become useful.

Ladies first.
farmerman

Sat 19 Dec, 2020 01:18 am
@coldjoint,
Youre becoming more irrelevant as the weeks go on . All the **** bag stories and "legal evience" youve posted ha all been shot down and debunked inthe courts of law. SO whoever was your source of your "Opinions" should be fired.

Even the bar association of the US has taken up procedures for some disciplanary actions against Trumps legal team and as Trump is being revealed as a scam artist (with his MAGA "legal defense" funds that are showing up as personal use, ) and several funds have been misdirected totally, an increasing line of MAGASSES are jumping ship.

hightor

Sat 19 Dec, 2020 03:23 am
Oops: Jared Kushner Reportedly Created a Shell Company to Secretly Pay Trump Family Members and Spend Half the Campaign’s Cash

Quote:
Donald Trump and his family have spent the last four years making the airtight case that they view the presidency as simply a means to enrich themselves and their associates. They probably don’t particularly like that reputation and, yet, it hasn’t stopped them from funneling taxpayer money to their private business, gouging the Secret Service, and raising legal defense funds that the fine print says could go directly to their pockets. Oh, and, according to a new report, setting up a shell company that spent hundreds of millions of campaign dollars to pay Trump family members along with other expenditures it seemingly wanted to keep under wraps.

(...)
Builder

Sat 19 Dec, 2020 03:58 am
@hightor,
The Saturday morning after the convention in July, I called Gary Gensler, the chief financial officer of Hillary’s campaign. He wasted no words. He told me the Democratic Party was broke and $2 million in debt.

“What?” I screamed. “I am an officer of the party and they’ve been telling us everything is fine and they were raising money with no problems.”

That wasn’t true, he said. Officials from Hillary’s campaign had taken a look at the DNC’s books. Obama left the party $24 million in debt—$15 million in bank debt and more than $8 million owed to vendors after the 2012 campaign—and had been paying that off very slowly. Obama’s campaign was not scheduled to pay it off until 2016. Hillary for America (the campaign) and the Hillary Victory Fund (its joint fundraising vehicle with the DNC) had taken care of 80 percent of the remaining debt in 2016, about $10 million, and had placed the party on an allowance.

If I didn’t know about this, I assumed that none of the other officers knew about it, either. That was just Debbie’s way. In my experience she didn’t come to the officers of the DNC for advice and counsel. She seemed to make decisions on her own and let us know at the last minute what she had decided, as she had done when she told us about the hacking only minutes before the Washington Post broke the news.
The Friday Cover

On the phone Gary told me the DNC had needed a $2 million loan, which the campaign had arranged.

“No! That can’t be true!” I said. “The party cannot take out a loan without the unanimous agreement of all of the officers.”

“Gary, how did they do this without me knowing?” I asked. “I don’t know how Debbie relates to the officers,” Gary said. He described the party as fully under the control of Hillary’s campaign, which seemed to confirm the suspicions of the Bernie camp. The campaign had the DNC on life support, giving it money every month to meet its basic expenses, while the campaign was using the party as a fund-raising clearinghouse. Under FEC law, an individual can contribute a maximum of $2,700 directly to a presidential campaign. But the limits are much higher for contributions to state parties and a party’s national committee.

Individuals who had maxed out their $2,700 contribution limit to the campaign could write an additional check for $353,400 to the Hillary Victory Fund—that figure represented $10,000 to each of the 32 states’ parties who were part of the Victory Fund agreement—$320,000—and $33,400 to the DNC. The money would be deposited in the states first, and transferred to the DNC shortly after that. Money in the battleground states usually stayed in that state, but all the other states funneled that money directly to the DNC, which quickly transferred the money to Brooklyn.

“Wait,” I said. “That victory fund was supposed to be for whoever was the nominee, and the state party races. You’re telling me that Hillary has been controlling it since before she got the nomination?”

Gary said the campaign had to do it or the party would collapse.

“That was the deal that Robby struck with Debbie,” he explained, referring to campaign manager Robby Mook. “It was to sustain the DNC. We sent the party nearly $20 million from September until the convention, and more to prepare for the election.”

source
0 Replies

vikorr

Sat 19 Dec, 2020 03:59 am
@farmerman,
Has the American Bar Association started disciplinary actions? I can only find articles saying 1500 lawyers have signed a letter to the ABA to discipline them...but no doubt they too are part of the conspiracy.
0 Replies

vikorr

Sat 19 Dec, 2020 04:01 am
@coldjoint,
The problem you face is the use of the word 'fire' rather than 'not renew'. If it the first option I mentioned, then the contract is not renewed after each election (then renewed just before the next one). If this is the case, the use of the term 'firing' is both normal procedure...and purposefully misleading, and inflammatory by the authors... rather than being an indication of any nefarious actions.

If it is the case that she was actually employed full time (ie. including in between elections), then that is a different story.
0 Replies

hightor

Sat 19 Dec, 2020 04:34 am
Quote:
The Saturday morning after the convention in July, I called Gary Gensler, the chief financial officer of Hillary’s campaign. He wasted no words. He told me the Democratic Party was broke and $2 million in debt.

Wow, breaking story hot off the press, eh?

At least, unlike most of the scurrilous crap peddled by the Trump dead-enders, this one has an actual foundation in reality. But it doesn't compare to the way the Trumps have turned the office of the president into a cash-generating money-laundering machine.
Builder

Sat 19 Dec, 2020 04:54 am
@hightor,
Quote:
Wow, breaking story hot off the press, eh?

Wow, we all know you hate comparisons.

Can't be rewriting history, without a permit, right?

Builder

Sat 19 Dec, 2020 05:04 am
@hightor,
Quote:
At least, unlike most of the scurrilous crap peddled by the Trump dead-enders, this one has an actual foundation in reality. But it doesn't compare to the way the Trumps have turned the office of the president into a cash-generating money-laundering machine.

Evidence of anything connected to your comment, son?

It's about as convincing as an NBC headline.
0 Replies

hightor

Sat 19 Dec, 2020 05:35 am
somebody wrote:

Can't make an intelligent comment so post an inept non-sequitur, right?
somebody wrote:
Evidence of anything connected to your comment, son?

One wonders how anyone could miss the excerpt I posted and the link to the article. There's more here, as well.

I've noticed that this character often tries to establish some element of familiarity by using endearments like "son". No, we're not related. We don't even know each other. Kind of pathetic.
Builder

Sat 19 Dec, 2020 05:42 am
@hightor,
Quote:
We don't even know each other.

Liar.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sat 19 Dec, 2020 05:44 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
You can re-interpret and re-evaluate the past but never rewrite it.
hightor

Sat 19 Dec, 2020 05:50 am
somebody wrote:
Liar.

I really don't know this person, and there's no way he knows me. Maybe he thinks my name is "hightor" and I look like the guy in the avatar!
Builder

Sat 19 Dec, 2020 05:50 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
You can re-interpret and re-evaluate the past but never rewrite it.

What you're inferring is, that despite a recent historical record being proven to be a fabrication, it will remain, so we don't buckle the space-time continuum?
Walter Hinteler

Sat 19 Dec, 2020 06:03 am
@Builder,
No. I'm meaning what I wrote in my post.

There certainly is a human desire to change the past for the sake of a better future (see: Steffen Moritz and colleagues Hamburg, 2018), and you certainly can subject history and historical figures to contemporary social enlightenment ("presentism"), but you can't re-write the history (besides in fiction).
0 Replies