monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 05:29 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

Quote:
The remaining conservatives are irrelevant.

They probably are relevant as their decision to side with Biden cost Trump the election. Apparently there enough Never Trump Republicans to affect the election.

The election was stolen. Trump had a higher approval rating than Obama and Bush when they were re-elected. If you prefer to swallow the garbage the media tells you go for it. But this election was stolen.
coldjoint

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 05:31 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:

But in reply to the gist of what I think you were asking:

Polarising politicians tend to:
- attract a more loyal following; and
- motivate more people to go against them

That is to say, I would expect more people to 'turn out' to vote against a polarising figure like Trump.

And if my understand regarding how parochially US people align themselves with their party, then I would expect most of the party faithful to adhere to their parties wishes during what are extreme times (being the pandemic, and perhaps the most polarising US president in living memory). That is to say - I would expect more Democrats to mail vote, and more Republicans to show at the ballot box (which my understanding is what each of the parties asked)

That is to say that once again, I see nothing unusual about it panning out that way.

Of course I have only been paying a moderate amount of attention, so if anything I said is wrong, feel free to correct me.

Keep in mind the news that reaches you is largely narrative driven. That means you simply have not heard the truth.

For example, did you hear the big bad racist Trump got more non white votes than any Republican since 1960? If you saw the article I posted then you heard it from me not your media. Did you know that?
vikorr

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 05:34 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Keep in mind the news that reaches you is largely narrative driven. That means you simply have not heard the truth.

Hence why I said feel free to correct anything that is incorrect.

Quote:
For example did you hear the big bad racist Trump got more non white votes than any Republican since 1960? If you saw the article I posted then you heard it from me not your media. Did you know that?
Didn't hear that one, but as I said, I was only paying a moderate amount of attention. This though, doesn't seem to change anything I mentioned...

Are you going to correct anything?
Builder

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 05:37 pm
@vikorr,
I think it's wise to question everything, at this point in time.

With so very few people controlling the narrative/news, it's more important now, than ever before,
to understand that the first casualty in any conflict, is the truth.
Rebelofnj

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 05:41 pm
@coldjoint,
According to Gallup Polls, here are the approval ratings of Bush, Obama, and Trump during/before the week of their re-election bids.

Bush: 2004 Oct 29-31: 48% Approval
Obama: 2012 Nov 5-11: 51% Approval
Trump: 2020 Oct 16-27: 46% Approval

https://news.gallup.com/interactives/185273/presidential-job-approval-center.aspx
vikorr

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 05:43 pm
@Builder,
No problem - are you going to offer correction to anything I said?
Rebelofnj

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 05:48 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
did you hear the big bad racist Trump got more non white votes than any Republican since 1960?

It was reported by USA Today, which is the most circulated newspaper in the country, ahead of The Wall Street Journal and the New York Times.
The writer of the article also contributes to CNN and the LA Times.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/11/07/election-2020-exit-polls-trump-minorities-race-women-column/6191966002/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 05:50 pm
I want to live my life without government interference. I treat people with respect when deserved, but strangers always. I will not have anyone tell me how I should go about any relationship I have or how to deal any color person. Our founders wanted small and limited government emphasizing individual rights over everything else.

The less control the better. We are being manipulated, lied to, cheated and now violently intimidated into accepting an oligarchy. The next step is a dictator
neptuneblue

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 06:02 pm
@coldjoint,
Odd you say that, since you want to legislate what I do with my own body.

Hypocrite.
Builder

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 06:05 pm
@vikorr,
Quote:
are you going to offer correction to anything I said?

Haven't read the thread just yet, but I'm taking everything with a grain of salt, at this stage.

I don't expect much from Biden, with so many losses in the house and senate, and really, nothing will be happening for seventy-odd days.

Time to sit back, and watch the fireworks.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 06:16 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

Odd you say that, since you want to legislate what I do with my own body.

Hypocrite.

You are confused. I do not want to fund abortion with my tax dollars. If any woman gets an abortion it will be on her not me.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 06:32 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

According to Gallup Polls, here are the approval ratings of Bush, Obama, and Trump during/before the week of their re-election bids.

Bush: 2004 Oct 29-31: 48% Approval
Obama: 2012 Nov 5-11: 51% Approval
Trump: 2020 Oct 16-27: 46% Approval

https://news.gallup.com/interactives/185273/presidential-job-approval-center.aspx

That is not his actual approval number. The pollsters are as dishonest as the media. Regardless Trump was well in the range for re-election.
Rebelofnj

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 06:42 pm
@coldjoint,
So what is his actual approval rating?

I used Gallup Polls as they have been the measuring presidential approval ratings since the 1930s, and are generally viewed as well respected.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 06:43 pm
@coldjoint,
As you might have noticed, Trump was not r-elected. The polls were right. He has now lost three elections in a row. The e.c couldn't save him this time around. It put the nail in his coffin, a bit late in doing it, but richly deserved.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 06:47 pm
Quote:
President Trump: “The Election is Far From Over. Legal Votes Decide the President, Not the Media.”

Well, he is not lying. Some here probably think it is up to the media being the media is their master. There would be nothing better than Trump prevailing.
Quote:
“We all know why Joe Biden is rushing to falsely pose as the winner, and why his media allies are trying so hard to help him: they don’t want the truth to be exposed. The simple fact is this election is far from over,” he said.

The president continued: “Joe Biden has not been certified as the winner of any states, let alone any of the highly contested states headed for mandatory recounts, or states where our campaign has valid and legitimate legal challenges that could determine the ultimate victor. In Pennsylvania, for example, our legal observers were not permitted meaningful access to watch the counting process. Legal votes decide who is president, not the news media.”

Remember Al Gore chewed up 37 days with just one state.
https://www.lifenews.com/2020/11/07/president-trump-the-election-is-far-from-over-legal-votes-decide-the-president-not-the-media/#.X6bfPTlrcCY.twitter
jcboy

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 06:55 pm
It’s not only the entire US celebrating a Biden win it’s the majority of every other country! Time for this country to heal.
Rebelofnj

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 06:55 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
We all know why Joe Biden is rushing to falsely pose as the winner, and why his media allies are trying so hard to help him

So Fox News is now Biden’s ally? Because they also say Biden won the race, and they have been been supporting Trump for years while being critical of Biden and his family.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-wins-presidency-trump-fox-news-projects
MontereyJack

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 06:56 pm
@coldjoint,
He clearly did not have a higher approval rating. He lost. No theft. Just disgust with four years of him.
coldjoint

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 06:57 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

It’s not only the entire US celebrating a Biden win it’s the majority of every other country! Time for this country to heal.

Especially China and Iran. Another man without a country.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 06:59 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

Quote:
We all know why Joe Biden is rushing to falsely pose as the winner, and why his media allies are trying so hard to help him

So Fox News is now Biden’s ally? Because they also say Biden won the race, and they have been been supporting Trump for years while being critical of Biden and his family.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-wins-presidency-trump-fox-news-projects

Did I say media? Yes Fox is just as bad in this case. It is telling how much you rely on the media who are proven liars.
0 Replies