monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

blatham

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 02:52 pm
Quote:
Adam Wren
@adamwren
· 1h
.@AriFleischer is on Fox saying people should give the president days, if necessary, to absorb the emotional aspect of his loss before demanding a concession.

Rick Santorum said the same thing two days ago.

These boys really have high standards for their chosen leaders, don't they? I mean, this is way past whining and High Snowflakeism. This is the toddler crying when his poops are taken away in the malicious, confusing swirl of the toilet.
BillW

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 02:55 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
Adam Wren
@adamwren
· 1h
.@AriFleischer is on Fox saying people should give the president days, if necessary, to absorb the emotional aspect of his loss before demanding a concession.

Rick Santorum said the same thing two days ago.

These boys really have high standards for their chosen leaders, don't they? I mean, this is way past whining and High Snowflakeism. This is the toddler crying when his poops are taken away in the malicious, confusing swirl of the toilet.

the toddler crying when his poops are .... dumped on the USA!!!!!!
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 04:38 pm
The election was won (stolen) by the party of violence, intimidation, censorship and fraud. Anyone proud of that is a morally bankrupt moron and is in no way shape or form an American.

The truth hurts, but maybe not because the people soon to be in charge have no conscience. It will be interesting seeing how real Americans fight back. I know it will not be with violence but maybe massive boycotts of every sponsor on Twitter and the network news and morning network propaganda shows. Just an idea. People will not be sitting around and people will not unite around Biden.

Although he is the only president that get a BJ from his vice president. A scandal saver for sure.
vikorr

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 04:46 pm
Has anyone started an 'evidence of fraud' thread? Because I haven't been able to find such. I have found numerous articles debunking any such fraud (how true they are I have no idea, because I haven't been following such that closely). I'm presuming the 'fraud' would have to involve many, many millions of people.

All I see here is people crying "fraud, you must be able to see it so you must support it"....but other than a few isolated incidents, which later shown in context were next to nothing...I can't find the evidence...

...so anyone wanting to point me in the right direction, this seems a rather fascinating claim (considering just how large the conspiracy would have to be)
coldjoint

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 04:50 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:

Has anyone started an 'evidence of fraud' thread? Because I haven't been able to find it. I have found numerous articles debunking any fraud (how true they are I have no idea, because I haven't been following such that closely). I'm presuming the 'fraud' would have to involve many, many millions of people.

You are seeing excuses. The fraud is obvious because of the poor showing on the down ballot. When a presidential candidate wins his party usually, really always, brings the Congress with him. The Senate and the House. Democrats did not take the Senate and lost 15 House seats.

Fake ballots does not have to involve a large conspiracy. All it takes are useful idiots who believe they are saving the country from a tyrant. Our media and our universities have produced these indoctrinated fools and have convinced by any means is somehow the American way.
MontereyJack

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 04:53 pm
@vikorr,
It's fantasy. It;s always been just a trumpian fantasy that's why you can't find solid evidence for it, because it doesn't exist.
MontereyJack

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 04:55 pm
@coldjoint,
Assholes RU guys.
vikorr

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 04:57 pm
@coldjoint,
Uh, I asked for evidence.

In the Corona virus pandemic, and with at least one political party saying people should mail their votes (and I'm presuming attend early if it was anything like Australian ones) then I would expect low physical attendance...so I see nothing odd at all about this.

Here in Australia, I recently attended a State Election polling booth - where there is usually lines I walked straight in an was out in less than a minute. That is because here too, people were encouraged to mail in votes, or to attend early.

I expected that sort of turnout here. I'm not sure why the US should be any different.
coldjoint

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 04:57 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

It's fantasy. It;s always been just a trumpian fantasy that's why you can't find solid evidence for it, because it doesn't exist.

The down ballot failure exists. That is enough proof right there.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 04:59 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Assholes RU guys.

Better than liars and felons. That is who you put in office. You are not to blame because you are not smart enough to realize what you did.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 05:01 pm
Diary Entry
It's November 7 and we are free of him.
(file under 'Significant' and 'Prayers Answered' and "Momma Come To Bed I've Got A Boner Again')
coldjoint

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 05:03 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:

Uh, I asked for evidence.

In the Corona virus pandemic, and with at least one political party saying people should mail their votes (and I'm presuming attend early if it was anything like Australian ones) then I would expect low physical attendance...so I see nothing odd at all about this.

Here in Australia, I recently attended a State Election polling booth - where there is usually lines I walked straight in an was out in less than a minute. That is because here too, people were encouraged to mail in votes, or to attend early.

I expected that sort of turnout here. I'm not sure why the US should be any different.

I gave you evidence. An historical trend(fact} does not change unless an election is fraudulent. I do not what else would explain it. I have yet to have one person tell me why it happened except for one ridiculous answer about the "Lincoln Project".
vikorr

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 05:05 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
I gave you evidence. An historical trend(fact} does not change unless an election is fraudulent.
Huh...I guess the election here in Queensland Australia must have been fraudulent too...

...but wait, no one is claiming that here, because we all expected the historical voting methods / trends to change in the face of the pandemic.

So I'm presuming there is no evidence then.
coldjoint

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 05:06 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Diary Entry
It's November 7 and we are free of him.
(file under 'Significant' and 'Prayers Answered' and "Momma Come To Bed I've Got A Boner Again')

You are the perfect spokesman for the new corrupt administration. They will not keep their word either. And like you they won't care because the truth means nothing to them just like you.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 05:08 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:

Quote:
I gave you evidence. An historical trend(fact} does not change unless an election is fraudulent.
Huh..
...but wait, no one is claiming that here, because we all expected the historical voting methods / trends to change in the face of the pandemic.

So I'm presuming there is no evidence then.

Quote:
.I guess the election here in Queensland Australia must have been fraudulent too...

Did the winning party win the down ballot or get the majority of votes at every level? Evidence could be that no one showed up at his rallies or speaking events. There was no enthusiasm and Obama said during the primaries that Biden could not win. The God like Obama can't be wrong, can he?
Rebelofnj

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 05:08 pm
@coldjoint,
Another possibility: there are more conservative voters that don't like Trump but will continue to support the Republicans. So that means they voted for Biden (or the Libertarian candidate) but voted Republican in the Senate and House races.
coldjoint

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 05:12 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

Another possibility: there are more conservative voters that don't like Trump but will continue to support the Republicans. So that means they voted for Biden (or the Libertarian candidate) but voted Republican in the Senate and House races.

91% of the party was behind Trump. The remaining conservatives are irrelevant.
vikorr

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 05:17 pm
@coldjoint,
Our system is somewhat different to the US one (and Queensland's is a little different to the rest of the Australian States in that we only have an Upper House, without a Lower House). In Queensland, you have to win the most seats - the seats are supposedly divided on value lines, so that each is worth 1. Rallies in Australia tend to only attract small crowds, or be held at indoor functions. As I mentioned somewhat earlier - people here are a lot more cynical of politicians.
Rebelofnj

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 05:25 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
The remaining conservatives are irrelevant.

They probably are relevant as their decision to side with Biden cost Trump the election. Apparently there enough Never Trump Republicans to affect the election.
vikorr

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 05:26 pm
@vikorr,
But in reply to the gist of what I think you were asking:

Polarising politicians tend to:
- attract a more loyal following; and
- motivate more people to go against them

That is to say, I would expect more people to be motivated to 'turn out' to vote against a polarising figure like Trump.

And if my understand regarding how parochially US people align themselves with their party, then I would expect most of the party faithful to adhere to their parties wishes during what are extreme times (being the pandemic, and perhaps the most polarising US president in living memory). That is to say - I would expect more Democrats to mail vote, and more Republicans to show at the ballot box (which my understanding is what each of the parties asked)

That is to say that once again, I see nothing unusual about it panning out that way.

Of course I have only been paying a moderate amount of attention, so if anything I said is wrong, feel free to correct me.