monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

oralloy

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 12:30 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
Come on, you're smarter than that. It was a straight up business decision. It had nothing to do with Barack Obama.

No matter how much you try to whitewash the facts, Mr. Obama was the person in charge.

hightor wrote:
As Walter's link should have informed you:
Quote:
Regarding Robert E. Cherney's Oct. 19 letter, "Why kill Pontiac? Why keep Buick?": I'd like to assure your readers that phasing out Pontiac was one of the most difficult decisions of my career but also one of the most necessary.
Pontiac had been unprofitable for several years. A team, many of whom were passionate about the brand, tried in vain to save Pontiac and make it profitable -- but none of the scenarios proved viable.

The notion that new Trans Ams would have been unprofitable is ludicrous.

hightor wrote:
Companies usually do a lot of market research before deciding to drop a product line. They probably had access to information which you are lacking.

The notion that new Trans Ams would have been unprofitable is ludicrous.

hightor wrote:
Anyway, how about developing some new cars instead of feeding the niche market of automobile nostalgia? Detroit's almost as bad a Hollywood with its f---ing sequels.

Developing new cars is fine, but we don't need riffraff like Barack Obama murdering our heritage just because he hates America.
oralloy

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 12:32 pm
@revelette3,
revelette3 wrote:
A year ago, I didn't think this day would come until we suffered four more years of Trump. I am so glad I was totally wrong.

We'll probably get another four years of Mr. Trump's leadership. We'll just have to wait until 2024 for the second half.
Rebelofnj

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 12:40 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
we don't need riffraff like Barack Obama murdering our heritage just because he hates America.

I think Ms. Peacock murdered our heritage with the dagger in the kitchen.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 12:54 pm
@oralloy,
the majority of the American people disagree with you and have always disagreed with your unbalanced hyperpartisanship.
oralloy

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 12:57 pm
@MontereyJack,
Progressives always claim to speak for everyone else, but they don't.

When progressives disagree with reality, that doesn't change reality. It just means that progressives are delusional.
MontereyJack

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 01:01 pm
@oralloy,
judging from a2k posts, the people who claim they always speak for reality are the ones who are delusional, not progressives.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Rebelofnj

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 01:06 pm
https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/123704952_10152505342294999_5322221502657066733_o.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=2&_nc_sid=9267fe&_nc_ohc=xPS6vpOlC60AX_EIXtu&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=e4790e9dfbbc5b9f137259731ed16412&oe=5FCD298A
MontereyJack

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 01:18 pm
@oralloy,
false. America will finally be back in safe hands on January 20, assuming trump doesn't start a nuclear war in retaliation for losing, and a significant number of Americans survive another three months of his pandemic.
oralloy

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 01:19 pm
@MontereyJack,
Wrong. Progressives are the ones who deny reality, and are thus the ones who are delusional.
MontereyJack

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 01:38 pm
@oralloy,
wrong on both counts.
Walter Hinteler

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 01:52 pm
Since 1896 tradition (not law) demands that a losing candidate articulate four main themes in a concession speech: an acknowledgement of defeat, a call for unity, a celebration of democracy and a vow to continue the fight. Grace and earnestness are important in this regard in that a candidate affirms to the country and his or her supporters that the hard-fought electoral battle is over and that Americans should seek to bridge divides and come together for the greater good of the country.

"Partisan feeling must yield to patriotism. I'm with you, Mr. President, and God bless you." (Senator Stephen Douglas' 1860 concession to Republican Abraham Lincoln.)

"Just moments ago, I spoke with George W. Bush and congratulated him on becoming the 43rd president of the United States. And I promised him that I wouldn't call him back this time." (Al Gore after the SC's decission)
"For the sake of our unity as a people and the strength of our democracy, I offer my concession." (Al Core on same day)

Can we expect outgoing President Trump to follow the tradition and make a gracious departure?
MontereyJack

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 01:55 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
In a word, no. He doesn't do gracious.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 01:59 pm
@oralloy,
Looks like you were totally wrong on your prediction of 20 years of trump and gop dominance before a Democrat was elected, and that dems would have to become republican clones to do it. Only off by 16 years. Better put some windex on your crystal ball.

BillW

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 02:07 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

I begin to wonder what trump is going to do to the country for the rest of the administration. You know, to get even with all of us.

This is one of my biggest fears!
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 02:08 pm
@oralloy,
Joe and Mamala. Hallelujah, the country is safe.
snood

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 02:20 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Joe and Mamala. Hallelujah, the country is safe.

Well, not for 74 more days, but yeah.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 02:20 pm
@MontereyJack,
the earth is breathing a sigh of relief too. Paris accords will be back on the table, thanks to you too, greta. it's a great day for sanity.
0 Replies

snood

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 02:24 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Do you really think his behavior up to now has revealed any capability to lose with grace? He won’t attend the inauguration, he won’t make an official concession speech, and he won’t make any effort to welcome the new administration and aid in the transition. I’d LOVE to be proved wrong on this, but I think he’s going to leave the same way he came in - a petty little bully, telling lies and spreading division.
lmur

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 02:39 pm
@snood,
To the 74m+ of you who voted the evil ************ out of office: Thank you.
0 Replies