monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

oralloy

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 08:56 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
"winner..." is non constitutional AND, I feel should be judged UN constitutional.

Winner-take-all does not conflict with the Constitution.

farmerman wrote:
Im glad youve spent time reading up on it.

I have not wasted any of my time at all reading about it.
oralloy

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 08:57 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
EC as is, is like what the GOP is trying to do in Calif, CHEAT, an Pa, CHEAT, and with the entire USPS, CHEAT!!!!.

The Republicans are not trying to cheat. They are trying to prevent the Democrats from cheating.

The Electoral College does not cheat. It prevents the Democrats from cheating.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 08:58 am
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:
ACB couldn't answer whether intimidating voters at the polls is illegal

Yes, but the important thing is that she will uphold the Second Amendment.

We really need our courts to start upholding the Second Amendment.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 08:59 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
that they are holding the hearing at all at this time is wrong on many levels.

Why? What's wrong with it?

She looks solid on the Second Amendment.
0 Replies

farmerman

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 09:18 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Winner-take-all does not conflict with the Constitution.

I said it was NON-CONSTITUTIONAL. Only 3 states tally and award electors as it was intended by the authors. "Winner take all" was another trick to enhance the hold by small pop states in the 1820's . Today we have the opposite happening. Large states are being totally disenfranchised and the goal of one voter , one vote is being trampled. This needs to be changed. I hope you can understand the issue if you can get the 2nd A out of your frontal ganglia for a few hours.

So the felon liar-in-chief is stamping all over our civil rights by trying to terminate the census in order to disenfranchise even more people in Calif,NY, and several others.

coldjoint

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 09:28 am
Quote:
Judge Barrett Wrecks Kamala Harris Under SCOTUS Questioning

A major fail from "headboard Harris".
Quote:
It's been a long day on Capitol Hill but Democrat vice presidential nominee and Senator Kamala Harris finally got her turn to go after Judge Amy Coney Barrett during Supreme Court confirmation hearings Tuesday.

Throughout her 30 minutes of allotted time, Harris was demolished after asking a series of leading and accusatory questions.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2020/10/13/judge-barrett-wrecks-kamala-harris-under-scotus-questioning-n2578019
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 09:33 am
During the football game last night, CBS aired the Trump commercial with Dr. Fauci's comments being taken out of context to look as though he is endorsing Trump and his handling of the coronavirus.

What a disgusting, deceptive ad.

Fauci ought to sue them, but I think he has too much class for that kind of thing. You would think Trump would pull the ad, but I know he doesn't have enough class for that kind of thing.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 10:58 am
As Trump’s chief conspiracy theory suffers a major blow, he reaches for more desperate ones
Quote:
It was a crystallizing moment in our current political reality: The president, staring down an increasingly likely reelection loss, saw one of his favorite conspiracy theories about his 2020 opponent crumble. As we were learning that, he was lodging even-more far-flung and desperate conspiracy theories.

Trump has regularly grasped at conspiracy theories seeking to damage his political opponents. But even by his standards, his recent efforts have been remarkable.

Quote:
Trump was promoting the idea that the Obama administration, including Joe Biden, had members of the U.S. military murdered and that the official story of Osama bin Laden’s killing was a hoax.

Quote:
Robert O’Neill, a member of SEAL Team 6 who has written about his role in bin Laden’s death and has since become a Trump-supporting conservative media figure, rebuked the Trump-promoted conspiracy theory Tuesday.

“Very brave men said good bye to their kids to go kill Osama bin Laden. We were given the order by President Obama,” O’Neill tweeted. “It was not a body double. Thank you Mr. President.”
Quote:
The fact that his own Justice Department — one whose head, Attorney General William P. Barr, has regularly taken controversial, Trump-friendly actions — doesn’t seem to have found anything even worthy of charges should certainly color any views of the reliability of Trump’s theories.

farmerman

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 11:36 am
@Walter Hinteler,
and Osama bin Laden was actually born in Cleveland soseal team 6 killed a US citizen and Obama is a murderer
hightor

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 11:51 am
Washington Post wrote:
... for Trump, it has always been about throwing stuff at the wall and hoping it sticks. It’s getting more transparently desperate, though.

Laughing
coldjoint

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 12:39 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Washington Post wrote:
... for Trump, it has always been about throwing stuff at the wall and hoping it sticks. It’s getting more transparently desperate, though.

Laughing

It is the WP getting desperate accusing Trump of doing what Democrats have done for 4 years.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 12:42 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

and Osama bin Laden was actually born in Cleveland soseal team 6 killed a US citizen and Obama is a murderer

Anwar al Alwlaki was the American citizen Obama killed, and his son, in a drone strike.
coldjoint

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 01:15 pm
Quote:
Joe Biden calls early ‘lid’ for reporters amid The Post’s Hunter Biden exposé

Quote:
The Democratic presidential candidate — huddled in his Wilmington, Del., home — has not directly responded to The Post’s reporting, including on a document that appears to debunk his prior claim that he had “never spoken” with his son about his “overseas business dealing,” including a reported $83,000 monthly job on the board of Burisma.

An email from the hard drive, acquired by a Delaware computer repairman, appears to indicate Biden met in 2015 with Burisma board adviser Vadym Pozharskyi while the firm employed his son. Then-Vice President Biden led the Obama administration’s Ukraine policy.

Biden is as corrupt as the day is long.
https://nypost.com/2020/10/14/joe-biden-goes-into-hiding-amid-the-posts-hunter-biden-expose/?utm_source=NYPTwitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=SocialFlow
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 01:54 pm
Quote:
Hawley Demands Facebook Explain Its Censorship Of Bombshell Hunter Biden Report

Quote:
Missouri Republican Sen. Josh Hawley is demanding Facebook explain its preemptive censorship of a bombshell report from the New York Post contradicting Joe Biden’s repeated assertions that the former vice president never discussed his son’s potentially criminal overseas business conduct.

Emails published by the New York Post Wednesday morning show that contrary to Joe Biden’s claims that he never talked business with his son, Hunter Biden, “or with anyone else,” the vice president at the time was indeed introduced to Ukrainian Burisma advisor Vadym Pozharskyi by Hunter. Hunter Biden was raking in upwards of $50,000 a month in excess compensation for serving on the board of Burisma while his father served as the “public face” of the Obama administration’s policy towards Ukraine.

Hours after the story’s publication, Facebook accompanied the mainstream media’s blind eye to the new revelations by announcing it would preemptively censor the paper’s reporting.

“While I will intentionally not link to the New York Post, I want be clear that this story is eligible to be fact checked by Facebook’s third-party fact checking partners,” wrote Facebook spokesperson and former Democratic staffer Andy Stone. “In the meantime, we are reducing its distribution on our platform.”

Twitter time.
Quote:
Josh Hawley
@HawleyMO
.@Facebook I want to know on what grounds you are actively censoring a news report about potentially illegal corruption by the Democrat candidate for president. If you have evidence this is “disinformation,” disclose it immediately. Expect a formal inquiry from my office

Again, Biden is corrupt censoring the news is like admitting it.
https://thefederalist.com/2020/10/14/hawley-demands-facebook-explain-its-censorship-of-bombshell-hunter-biden-report/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 02:54 pm
Quote:
Mollie
@MZHemingway
Holy bleeping bleep. Facebook explicitly admitting it is protecting Biden -- and interfering in the presidential election -- by censoring media outlets and limiting discussion of today's breaking news about Biden's engagement with Burisma.

^^^^
From Twitter.
Why is this alright with people? It verifies the moral and ethical decline embraced the Left.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 03:22 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
Anwar al Alwlaki was the American citizen Obama killed, and his son, in a drone strike.

Barack Obama did much worse than that. Anwar al Alwlaki was a terrorist.

Barack Obama killed an innocent American hostage in a drone strike.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/white-house-us-operation-killed-two-innocent-al-qaeda-hostages/
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2015/04/23/obama-us-hostages-killed-al-qaeda/26232205/
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/world/asia/2-qaeda-hostages-were-accidentally-killed-in-us-raid-white-house-says.html
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/apr/23/us-drone-strike-killed-american-italian-al-qaida
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 03:43 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I said it was NON-CONSTITUTIONAL.

If "non-constitutional" merely means that it's not in the Constitution, then every written thing besides the Constitution itself is non-constitutional, including every statute on the books.

farmerman wrote:
Only 3 states tally and award electors as it was intended by the authors. "Winner take all" was another trick to enhance the hold by small pop states in the 1820's.

It's not a trick, and it doesn't enhance anything. It's just one way of doing things.

farmerman wrote:
Today we have the opposite happening. Large states are being totally disenfranchised and the goal of one voter, one vote is being trampled.

There is no such disenfranchisement. The Democrats are the only party with a history of disenfranchising people.

farmerman wrote:
This needs to be changed.

I perceive no such need.

farmerman wrote:
I hope you can understand the issue if you can get the 2nd A out of your frontal ganglia for a few hours.

I can understand it easily.

farmerman wrote:
So the felon liar-in-chief

No such felony.

Just because the progressives say that the truth is a lie, that doesn't make reality untrue.

farmerman wrote:
is stamping all over our civil rights by trying to terminate the census in order to disenfranchise even more people in Calif,NY, and several others.

Preventing progressives from cheating is not disenfranchisement.

The Democrats are the only party with a history of disenfranchising people.
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 04:01 pm
Baron Trump tests positive for covid. And has anyone seen Kushner or Ivanka in a week or more?
snood

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 04:04 pm
@blatham,
I want to say something uncharitable about what may have become of them. But I will demur.
coldjoint

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 04:24 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

I want to say something uncharitable about what may have become of them. But I will demur.

Your hate for the Trump family is well known, you do not need to say a thing.
0 Replies