monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

oristarA

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 10:44 pm

ACB couldn't answer whether intimidating voters at the polls is illegal:

Quote:

Vanita Gupta tweeted 10h ago:
WATCH: Senator @amyklobuchar just asked Judge Barrett whether it's illegal under federal law to intimidate voters at the polls.

Barrett refused to answer
. Then Klobuchar read her the law.

Laurence Tribe replies:
This truly is astounding. It carries the plan to make a mockery of the whole confirmation process to an altogether new level. To say she can’t answer whether intimidating voters at the polls is illegal is like refusing to answer whether murder is illegal. Disgusting.

Source: https://twitter.com/tribelaw/status/1316188607267459072
coldjoint

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 11:02 pm
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:

ACB couldn't answer whether intimidating voters at the polls is illegal:

Quote:

Vanita Gupta tweeted 10h ago:
WATCH: Senator @amyklobuchar just asked Judge Barrett whether it's illegal under federal law to intimidate voters at the polls.

Barrett refused to answer
. Then Klobuchar read her the law.

Laurence Tribe replies:
This truly is astounding. It carries the plan to make a mockery of the whole confirmation process to an altogether new level. To say she can’t answer whether intimidating voters at the polls is illegal is like refusing to answer whether murder is illegal. Disgusting.

Source: https://twitter.com/tribelaw/status/1316188607267459072

First of all, it is a stupid question. Everyone but Eric Holder knows it is illegal.
oristarA

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 11:23 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

First of all, it is a stupid question. Everyone but Eric Holder knows it is illegal.

So you are better than ACB here.

The question has its practical sense and should be reiterated, espeially in the current situation. Reiteration shows prudence and shoots down your mockery.
roger

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 11:28 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

roger wrote:

He just doesn't care. Their bad luck and all that.

That is just bullshit. That can be said about anyone. Although it is usually used against people you are supposed to hate. Not because they deserve it, but because you will be cancelled if you don't.

Am I getting warm?

I could not care less how warm you are. I doubt anyone else does, either.
coldjoint

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 11:49 pm
@roger,
Quote:
I could not care less how warm you are. I doubt anyone else does, either.

Sorry, I hit a nerve. Why do you hate Trump? You have any of your own reasons?

Builder

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 02:28 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Why do you hate Trump?

I'm not sure they even know any more.

Lemmings didn't know why they were jumping off a cliff, either.
farmerman

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 04:44 am
@Builder,
shows how you know little about most anything. Your lemmings myth exemplifies how you and pinky have a bond based on ignorance .

Builder

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 05:41 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
shows how you know little about most anything

Because you're having trouble explaining your ongoing grief?

Quote:
Your lemmings myth

You mean those cute little guys didn't end up shark turds? Really?
0 Replies

revelette1

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 07:40 am
@oristarA,
I avoided watching it, that they are holding the hearing at all at this time is wrong on many levels. That she will pass is all but done.
Region Philbis

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 07:45 am
@revelette1,

Barrett's bobbing and weaving would make Muhammad Ali proud...
revelette1

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 07:47 am
Not that the following is going to stop the usual suspects of distorting the truth, they done it over the Mueller investigation and everything else but, I bet Barr is feeling like he has egg on his face. Bet he will claim whatever he wants to claim though.

‘Unmasking’ probe commissioned by Barr concludes without charges or any public report
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 08:02 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

shows how you know little about most anything. Your lemmings myth exemplifies how you and pinky have a bond based on ignorance .

Is that anything like your knowledge of emoluments?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 08:06 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

Barrett's bobbing and weaving would make Muhammad Ali proud...

Why can't you people acknowledge she is a wonderful woman and judge? The truth is a foreign concept because it never suits your needs. Why is that?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 08:07 am
According to the BBC Twitter has suspended numerous fake accounts purporting to be black supporters of Trump.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 08:08 am
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:

coldjoint wrote:

So you are better than ACB here.

The question has its practical sense and should be reiterated, espeially in the current situation. Reiteration shows prudence and shoots down your mockery.

The mockery is all on the Democrats. The Constitution was not written to enable spoiled children to get their way.
0 Replies

snood

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 08:22 am
Anybody else wondering where the hell Barr is?
Walter Hinteler

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 08:30 am
@snood,
Since the 'unmasking' probe commissioned by Barr concludes without charges or any public report, he will reappear soon, at least in the president's tweets.
snood

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 08:41 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Yeah, but if he doesn’t appear in person soon, it sure will look like he may be too incapacitated to do so.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 08:41 am
Quote:
CDC Study Finds Overwhelming Majority Of People Getting Coronavirus Wore Masks

Quote:
A Centers for Disease Control report released in September shows that masks and face coverings are not effective in preventing the spread of COVID-19, even for those people who consistently wear them.

A study conducted in the United States in July found that when they compared 154 “case-patients,” who tested positive for COVID-19, to a control group of 160 participants from the same health care facility who were symptomatic but tested negative, over 70 percent of the case-patients were contaminated with the virus and fell ill despite “always” wearing a mask.

Must be Trump's fault.
https://thefederalist.com/2020/10/12/cdc-study-finds-overwhelming-majority-of-people-getting-coronavirus-wore-masks/
oralloy

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 08:54 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
We've got an unelected monarch as our head of state.
What's ******* democratic about that.

They are powerless figureheads though. The real power is held by the Prime Minister -- or perhaps by Parliament as a whole.

izzythepush wrote:
It's not an insult, it's an observation.

Understood, but I disagree with it. Fascists are aggressively militant forms of populists.

I would call Donald Trump and Boris Johnson populists. But I'd not call them fascists unless they start shooting people who disagree with them.

I'm the opposite of a populist. Populists dislike knowledge and expertise, and instead favor good old fashioned common sense.

I'm an elitist. I favor leaders with knowledge and expertise, and I have a passionate dislike for common sense.

My view of an ideal president is George Bush Senior with Henry Kissinger advising him.

The reason why I support Mr. Trump is because he protects America's gun rights, not because I'm fond of populist policies.
0 Replies