monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Walter Hinteler

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 11:51 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
So in other words, no.
Correct. Would be unconstitutional. (NB: the chancellor, however, has been elected as a member of parliament. And additionally, he or she has been on top of the
"list vote". [We have two votes in the federal election: a constituency and a list vote.])

Basic Law (constitution) of Germany wrote:
Article 63
[Election of the Federal Chancellor]

(1) The Federal Chancellor shall be elected by the Bundestag without debate on the proposal of the Federal President.

(2) The person who receives the votes of a majority of the Members of the Bundestag shall be elected. The person elected shall be appointed by the Federal President.

(3) If the person proposed by the Federal President is not elected, the Bundestag may elect a Federal Chancellor within fourteen days after the ballot by the votes of more than one half of its Members.

(4) If no Federal Chancellor is elected within this period, a new election shall take place without delay, in which the person who receives the largest number of votes shall be elected. If the person elected receives the votes of a majority of the Members of the Bundestag, the Federal President must appoint him within seven days after the election. If the person elected does not receive such a majority, then within seven days the Federal President shall either appoint him or dissolve the Bundestag.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 12:04 pm
@oralloy,
You are such a dinlo.

Our system is terrible, Boris Johnson is prime minister.

He’s another stupid haired fuckwit Fascist.

Admittedly he’s not as bad a that slobbering pile of orange **** you’ve got in charge, but a Fascist nonetheless.

Rich people have way too much power, they should not be allowed to vote without giving up some of their wealth.
oralloy

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 12:17 pm
@izzythepush,
Well kudos for your consistency.

I do not agree that either of our systems are fascist.

I do not agree that either of our leaders are fascist.

But whatever. Peace be with you.
izzythepush

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 12:26 pm
@oralloy,
We’ve got an unelected monarch as our head of state.

What’s ******* democratic about that.

You are a Fascist. You don’t think you are, but that doesn’t make any difference, you clearly are.

Your opinions on Fascism are from the POV of someone already inside the Fascist bubble.

It’s not an insult, it’s an observation. If you don’t want to be seen as a Fascist try showing some regard for basic human rights, or some empathy towards the innocent victims of Hiroshima, the children.
Frank Apisa

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 12:33 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

"...stupid haired fuckwit Fascist."

Ahhh...that has a nice ring to it! Wink

0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 12:58 pm
@oralloy,
"winner..." is non constitutional AND, I feel should be judged UN constitutional.
Im glad youve spent time reading up on it.
farmerman

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 01:02 pm
@oralloy,
EC as is, is like what the GOP is trying to do in Calif, CHEAT, an Pa, CHEAT, and with the entire USPS, CHEAT!!!!.

As was said, those who ngage in it first blame the other side for doing it. That way it merely sounds like a minor comparative sin. "venial" sort of. When actully its engaging in criminal acts that try to crack the US Constitution by tiny acts .
coldjoint

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 02:24 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

It was always a system the Fascists used to subvert the will of the people. That’s why Dakota is two states instead of one.

Like in the UK? Censoring news and arresting people for what they say. That kind of fascist? That might apply to big tech and Democrats but not Trump.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 02:54 pm
Quote:
BREAKING: Supreme Court DENIES Democrats’ appeal of emoluments case against Trump

Aw shucks. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Quote:
This case, BLUMENTHAL, RICHARD, ET AL. V. TRUMP, PRESIDENT OF U.S., was listed under “CERTIORARI DENIED” in today’s order from the Supreme Court. There was no reason nor opinion given for the decision.

The case began in 2017 and now it’s finally dead. Trump will no doubt be thrilled!

That should end the fantasies for some here.
https://therightscoop.com/breaking-supreme-court-denies-democrats-appeal-of-emoluments-case-against-trump/
0 Replies

BillW

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 05:55 pm
Apparently the shameful ACB takes after her suitor the nasty DJT, if her mouth is moving she's lying!
coldjoint

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 07:21 pm
@BillW,
Quote:
Apparently the shameful ACB

Quote:
Why is she shameful and what has she lied about? You need to back up that kind of crap, and I am sure you cannot.

I guess we know who the liar is. Don't we Bill?
0 Replies

snood

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 09:20 pm
@BillW,
I wish people would reserve the three initial moniker for the justice it was originated for - RBG.
BillW

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 09:21 pm
The one thing I want is for this sad ass topic to be closed out forever. Come on election, come on January 20, 2021. I'm fully ready to get rid of this lying, narcissistic jerk - theRump!
Builder

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 09:28 pm
@BillW,
But BillW, we've already shown that Biden is a lying narcissistic jerk, and has been since college days. Not an original thought in his head.
0 Replies

oristarA

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 09:29 pm
Akiko Iwasaki, a Yale University immunologist, wrote in The Lancet Infectious Diseases. one of the best medical journals in the world:

“It’s important to note that there are people who do get reinfected, and in some of those cases you get worse disease. You still need to keep wearing masks and practice social distancing even if you have recovered once from this infection (of COVID-19).”

Trump should keep wearing a mask in public and practice social distancing. No kissing!
snood

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 09:40 pm
@oristarA,
Trump doesn’t care if he hurts people. Hell, he might even get off on it.
coldjoint

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 10:31 pm
@BillW,
BillW wrote:

The one thing I want is for this sad ass topic to be closed out forever. Come on election, come on January 20, 2021. I'm fully ready to get rid of this lying, narcissistic jerk - theRump!

What did ACB do that was shameful and what did she lie about?
0 Replies

roger

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 10:31 pm
@snood,
He just doesn't care. Their bad luck and all that.
coldjoint

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 10:33 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

I wish people would reserve the three initial moniker for the justice it was originated for - RBG.

Too bad you don't get that wish. Why did someone dare to use three initial moniker after FDR?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 10:38 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

He just doesn't care. Their bad luck and all that.

That is just bullshit. That can be said about anyone. Although it is usually used against people you are supposed to hate. Not because they deserve it, but because you will be cancelled if you don't.

Am I getting warm?