@Builder,
Lincoln and FDR didnt.

Lincoln
"Perhaps God is on our side, but Id really rather have Kentucky"
izzythepush

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 05:19 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

For that lying SOB to pretend his is "religious" is hilarious.

Really Frank? His behaviour fits with your rather grim assessment of Christianity on the all religions are wrong thread
oralloy

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 05:21 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
How Trump and Pence can actually defend this administration's handling of the pandemic, considering we are doing worse than just about everyone in the world, is beyond imagination.

It's the Democrats who caused the pandemic. Let's put the blame where it belongs.
glitterbag

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 05:29 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

Plausibly deniable. It seems presidents and maybe vice-presidents have significant influence over their physicians.

The Doctors at Walter Reed have signed Non-Disclosure Agreements. Can you believe that???? They are Government Employees and all already bound by Military Rules and Ethics, Walter Reed doesn't leak but now Walter Reed's spokespersons and his clique of US government paid treating physicians are deceiving the public about the condition of that lump of lies. I retired from the National Security Agency after 32 years and I never once was asked to sign an NDA regarding The Director or anyone else in Government. My Husband is still working for NSA on special projects and he probably has racked up 50+ years counting his Military service during Vietnam..........He has never signed an NDA to protect the 'shine on the aura' of a particular government employee.

We don't need to sign a loyalty pledge to the President because we are sworn to protect the American People against all enemies foreign and domestic. A personal pledge to POTUS is Banana Republic territory.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 05:40 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
How Trump and Pence can actually defend this administration's handling of the pandemic, considering we are doing worse than just about everyone in the world, is beyond imagination.

It's the Democrats who caused the pandemic. Let's put the blame where it belongs.

What's wrong with you????? You have spouted some looney tunes nonsense, but you are about 5 klicks away from preaching nonsense on street corners. Pray tell which democrat brought the corona virus to the US.
Walter Hinteler

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 05:57 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
It's the Democrats who caused the pandemic.
Well, since a pandemic is an infectious disease that has spread across multiple continents or worldwide - how did they do it?
oralloy

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 06:00 am
@Walter Hinteler,
They did it by disrupting the government with a frivolous impeachment for the entire first month of the pandemic.
oralloy

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 06:01 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
Pray tell which democrat brought the corona virus to the US.

Every single House Democrat who voted to impeach the President.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 06:13 am
So I guess it looks like Mr. Biden and the debate commission have just chickened out of a live in-person debate with the President.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Frank Apisa

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 06:14 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

For that lying SOB to pretend his is "religious" is hilarious.

Really Frank?

YES...REALLY. ABSOLUTELY. POSITIVELY. WITHOUT ANY DOUBT WHATSOEVER.

Quote:

His behaviour fits with your rather grim assessment of Christianity on the all religions are wrong thread

I don't have any idea of what you were trying to communicate here, but I can tell you that you did not do it.
Walter Hinteler

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 06:15 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
They did it by disrupting the government with a frivolous impeachment for the entire first month of the pandemic.
How did this infect the disease in other countries on other continents?
oralloy

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 06:17 am
@Walter Hinteler,
My earlier statement was not in reference to places outside the US.

The Democrats are at fault for causing the pandemic in the US.
izzythepush

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 06:38 am
@Frank Apisa,
The triumph of hope over experience.
MontereyJack

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 06:41 am
@oralloy,
Nonsense. Woodward's tapes of trump blow you out of the water. trump's fuckup. And, no, not only were the impeachment hearings fully-deserved, they had nothing to do with trump's fuckup.
oralloy

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 06:43 am
@MontereyJack,
Wrong. The record is quite clear that the impeachment lasted throughout January and early February.

And wrong again. Mr. Trump did nothing wrong. The Democrats impeached the President for no reason at all.
Walter Hinteler

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 06:44 am
@oralloy,

I use "pandemic" in the original meaning of the word, just as the term is used outside the USA. My bad.
eurocelticyankee

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 06:48 am
This is the treatment Trump should have got for undermining mask wearing.

Trump and his supporters need to get some sense slapped into them, MORONS.

Frank Apisa

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 06:50 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

The triumph of hope over experience.

Not sure what you meant there, but it sounds interesting.
izzythepush

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 06:53 am
@Frank Apisa,
I mean that on the other thread you paint Christians as being in the thrall of some blood thirsty psychopathic god, but on here you claim there’s nothing religious about Pence.

You can’t have it both ways.
Frank Apisa

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 07:11 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I mean that on the other thread you paint Christians as being in the thrall of some blood thirsty psychopathic god, but on here you claim there’s nothing religious about Pence.

You can’t have it both ways.

Izzy...what the **** are you talking about?

Use quotes if you are going to take issue with something.

In "the other thread" I mentioned that the god of the Bible is, in my estimation, a murderous, barbaric, vengeful god.

If you took that to mean that I think Christians should be murderous, barbaric, and vengeful...you are over-reading what I said.

Here, I am speaking about what Pence purports his religious sensibilities to be...and contrasting that with what he said during the debate.

Jesus H. Christ, Iz...are you so in need of an argument that you have to go to these lengths?