monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

BillW

Wed 7 Oct, 2020 09:18 pm
I have noted a few pundit comments that Pence was just so flaccid. I thought, he's a proper Christian in the Saint saint mode, of course he's flaccid. In fact he has been flaccid all his life; to his wife's chagrin. 😯
FreedomEyeLove

Wed 7 Oct, 2020 09:21 pm
@BillW,
It was obvious that Pence won the debate.
MontereyJack

Wed 7 Oct, 2020 09:23 pm
@oralloy,
Neither do you, however the polls consistently favor my side ever since trump sleazed his way into the WH.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Wed 7 Oct, 2020 09:26 pm
@oralloy,
the years of one party domination you have been talking about lasting for 20 years, will be starting in 2020. only thing is, trump is so thoroughly discredited, it'll be 20 years dem, not republ.
oralloy

Wed 7 Oct, 2020 09:27 pm
@MontereyJack,
We'll see.
MontereyJack

Wed 7 Oct, 2020 09:29 pm
@oralloy,
yes, we will, won't we.
0 Replies

FreedomEyeLove

Wed 7 Oct, 2020 09:31 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
From a factual standpoint, Pence won.

Harris told many obvious lies and dodged questions.
0 Replies

BillW

Wed 7 Oct, 2020 09:55 pm
Pence was a total pompous asshat! He showed his misogynistic attitude toward Kamala was ugly and sad. He showed his fascist side and he lied, lied, lied. It is truly sad. I believe in democracy and know takes two. I also know the other side has been reduced to a minority and wish to install a permanent Fascist government, which only takes one party. Well, not really a party, a governing body. I hope America can recover but we need everyone to vote D up and down the ballot for a few elections. Then we can branch back out into 2 parties and restore America, land of the brave and home of the free! We are at a crossroads:

The vote of the people is Dem the vote of Oligarchy is Repuke!
bobsal u1553115

Wed 7 Oct, 2020 10:03 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
Maybe if you tossed your socks away?
0 Replies

snood

Wed 7 Oct, 2020 10:40 pm
Best remark on Twitter tonight:

“Wonder if Pence EVER lets a woman finish?”

Bada bing!
neptuneblue

Wed 7 Oct, 2020 11:17 pm
@snood,
I take exception on the sexual connotation of Pence's remarks. As if he actually knows what sex is.
Builder

Wed 7 Oct, 2020 11:19 pm
@neptuneblue,
That's about as close to gutter sniping as it gets.

I don't exception though, because it's your standard.
neptuneblue

Wed 7 Oct, 2020 11:21 pm
@Builder,
Thank you, I feel privileged.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Wed 7 Oct, 2020 11:26 pm
Not that it matters, but at least it's interesting:

Minority of Europeans think US election will be free and fair – poll
Quote:
Majorities in seven countries favour Joe Biden and rate Donald Trump poorly

Fewer than one in 10 Europeans expect next month’s US presidential election to be completely free and fair, and an overwhelming majority say they would like Joe Biden to triumph over Donald Trump.

According to a YouGov tracker survey in Britain, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Sweden, in only one of these countries – Italy – are more than a tenth of voters confident that the American electoral process will prove irreproachable.

In the other six, support for the view that the 3 November elections will be “completely free and fair” ranges from 2% in Germany to 7% in Spain. In no country do more than 44% feel the vote will even be “completely or mostly” free and fair.

https://i.imgur.com/d0adpbh.jpg

The survey, run between 15 September and 4 October with a representative sample of 1,000-plus people in each country, found Europeans overwhelmingly eager for a Biden victory, despite not rating him very highly or knowing much about him.

About 80% of Danes say they want the Democratic challenger to win, followed by 71% in Germany, 64% in France and 61% in the UK, while support across the same four countries for a Trump victory ranges from 6% to 14%.

The president enjoys the strongest level of support in Italy, but even there only 20% would like to see him returned for a second term, against 58% who want Biden to win.

https://i.imgur.com/M7mtTsw.jpg

European approval for Trump’s presidency so far is very low, with few rating him as either a “great” or even a “good” president – just 5% in Denmark, 10% in the UK and 15% in Italy. Large majorities feel he has been “poor” or “terrible” – 82% in Denmark, 70% in the UK and 61% in Italy.

Perceptions of Biden are generally muted across the continent, with the belief that the 77-year-old Democrat would make a “good” or “great” president shared by a low of 17% of respondents in the UK and a high of 23% in Germany and Sweden.

While very few feel Biden would make a “poor” or “terrible” president, far more – from 27% in France to 55% in Denmark – say they think he will be merely “average” or confess to not really having a clear idea of what he would be like. When asked how Biden would perform as president, between 21% and 45% answered “don’t know”.

... ... ...
0 Replies

BillW

Wed 7 Oct, 2020 11:37 pm
Ron Perlman was not impressed with a photo shared by the White House on Sunday that showed President Donald Trump back at work following his COVID-19 diagnosis. The image appeared to show Trump signing a blank piece of paper. The Sons of Anarchy star did not find the shot worthwhile. "While the fake president signs blank pieces of paper the suckers and losers of our military and intelligence agencies are keeping you safe," he began his tweet. "In this time of choosing, remember who the Real Americans are."
Builder

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 02:59 am
@BillW,
BillW, the reality for the majority of enlistments in the armed forces, is because they don't have any where else to go.

The school system is so ******* lame, that many drop out before college, and those that "make it" to college, end up with a debt that hangs around their neck for decades, and that's if they can get a job in their chosen field.

If you think Biden can do anything about that, remember that he was VP for eight years, and did 3/5ths of sweet **** all, except line the pockets of his drug-addicted children.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 03:39 am
I didn’t learn anything new from the vp debate, I already know flies like the taste of ****.
0 Replies

oristarA

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 04:14 am
But WashingtonPost's headline is sufficiently attractive:

Pandemic looms large in civil, but sharp, exchanges between Harris and Pence

I haven't look into it yet.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 04:28 am
@BillW,
BillW wrote:

Pence was a total pompous asshat! He showed his misogynistic attitude toward Kamala was ugly and sad. He showed his fascist side and he lied, lied, lied. It is truly sad. I believe in democracy and know takes two. I also know the other side has been reduced to a minority and wish to install a permanent Fascist government, which only takes one party. Well, not really a party, a governing body. I hope America can recover but we need everyone to vote D up and down the ballot for a few elections. Then we can branch back out into 2 parties and restore America, land of the brave and home of the free! We are at a crossroads:

The vote of the people is Dem the vote of Oligarchy is Repuke!

Right on the button, Bill.

How Trump and Pence can actually defend this administration's handling of the pandemic, considering we are doing worse than just about everyone in the world, is beyond imagination.

For that lying SOB to pretend his is "religious" is hilarious. For the morons who continue to support Trump/Pence to pretend they are honorable...is even more hilarious.
Builder

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 04:54 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
For that lying SOB to pretend his is "religious" is hilarious.

They all do that.