monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Walter Hinteler

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 10:56 am
Supreme court rejects appeal from clerk who refused to register gay marriage
Quote:
The US supreme court said on Monday it would leave in place a decision that allowed a lawsuit to move forward against a Kentucky clerk who was jailed in 2015 after refusing to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples.

Justice Clarence Thomas, however, wrote for himself and Justice Samuel Alito that while he agreed with the decision not to hear the case, it was a “stark reminder of the consequences“ of the court’s 2015 decision which made same-sex marriage legal.

Because of that decision, he wrote, “those with sincerely held religious beliefs concerning marriage will find it increasingly difficult to participate in society without running afoul” of the case “and its effect on other anti-discrimination laws”.

Thomas and Alito are two of five conservatives on the nine-member court. Following the death in September of the liberal justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, the Trump administration and Republicans who hold the US Senate are attempting to confirm a sixth conservative, the Indiana appeals judge Amy Coney Barrett, before the presidential election on 3 November.

Chase Strangio, a staff attorney with the American Civil Liberties Union, wrote on Twitter that Thomas and Alito’s statement was “a reminder that stare decisis – the principle of applying precedent – will not protect even recently decided cases. The brazenness of the rightward direction of the court is a threat to even the most basic expectation of legal protection.”

Nonetheless, the court said it would not take the case involving Kim Davis, the former clerk of Rowan county, and two same-sex couples who sued her.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 01:01 pm
Quote:
https://i.imgur.com/XDWmpuq.jpg

The virus appears to be a fountain of youth.

At least 12 people close to Trump have now tested positive, as have several junior staff members. (The White House has not revealed how many staff members have tested positive since Trump's own diagnosis.)
coldjoint

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 01:11 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Quote:
https://i.imgur.com/XDWmpuq.jpg

The virus appears to be a fountain of youth.

At least 12 people close to Trump have now tested positive, as have several junior staff members. (The White House has not revealed how many staff members have tested positive since Trump's own diagnosis.)

Guess what? Those people are doing their jobs. If they became infected because they work with the president that is the way it goes. You people are acting like it is Trump's fault. No one knows that or can prove that.

It is just more negative press and and more hate. Same old.
bobsal u1553115

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 01:13 pm
@coldjoint,
Unfortunately none of us will ever get the quality of medical care the POTUS does.

Damn few of us even get the high quality medical care I get at the VA.
coldjoint

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 01:18 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Unfortunately none of us will ever get the quality of medical care the POTUS does.

He is the president. Stop whining.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 01:31 pm
Quote:
Mozambique: Islamic State establishes new capital, carries out beheadings, takes sex slaves

Islam is relentless. Hopefully Trump will do something about this.

Quote:
If this new Islamic State (ISIS) territory gains any significant international notice, expect a new round of articles confidently asserting that ISIS has nothing, nothing whatsoever, to do with Islam, and beheading and sex slavery are completely un-Islamic. We saw a spate of such articles when ISIS established its now-destroyed caliphate in Iraq and Syria. In reality, both beheading (47:4) and the sexual enslavement of Infidel women (4:24, 23:1-6, 33:50, 70:30) are founded upon teachings of the Qur’an. But as always, the establishment media will direct its efforts toward denying and obfuscating that readily demonstrable fact.

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2020/10/mozambique-islamic-state-establishes-new-capital-carries-out-beheadings-takes-sex-slaves
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 02:19 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Amen, Bobsal. AMEN!
0 Replies

coluber2001

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 04:37 pm
"We are cautiously optimistic, but the president isn't out of the woods yet."

"Have you tried using a rake?"
bobsal u1553115

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 05:32 pm
@coluber2001,
Imagine that: raking a tool. I'll just leaf it at that.
0 Replies

Builder

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 06:25 pm
More denial, from the "philanthropist" who wants us all to get his vaccine.

bobsal u1553115

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 07:37 pm
@Builder,
If I were you, I'd show him. I wouldn't use his stinking vaccine.

He's not making a penny and he's spent millions to develop this.

Seriously, whats your beef? You don't believe in Covid, right?
Builder

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 07:45 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
You don't believe in Covid, right?

Like your president, I've already had the virus, and I'm on the other side.

Three months later, and having heart palpitations, and shortness of breath.

The fact that hydroxychloroquine was literally banned here, after being freely available, tells me all that I need to know about how the WHO and co are shepherding governments on the issue.

BTW, it would appear that you didn't watch the video. Educate yourself, before making an idiot of yourself in the forum again. Mmmkay?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 08:01 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Don't take this badly, but the video is full of misinformation.

Don't post crap like that and then maybe people might start to take you serious. Tell me how Gates gets rich off a vaccine he's paid for the development of, which he is turning over to the different governments of the world?

I hadn't heard of your run in with Covid, I'm very sorry to hear about it and I am truly glad you're making progress, albeit slowly. I would never presume to judge you for what medication you might take to save your life. And I truly hope you are now "safe".

Please pay attention to developments and your body.

I use a different protocol, and I plan to stay as healthy as I can be.

You do well, too.

Regardless of the politics, we are in this together.
0 Replies

BillW

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 10:34 pm
Donald Trump was visibly gasping for air as he returned to the White House balcony from Walter Reed today. It also shows him wincing and breathing awkwardly.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=58a1hcd_oyg
roger

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 11:02 pm
@BillW,
He's okay, but everyone who works around him should be getting hazardous duty pay.
BillW

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 11:55 pm
@roger,
Yeah, I guess maybe he always looks like a beached whale sucking for air!
glitterbag

Tue 6 Oct, 2020 12:20 am
@BillW,
I think he's bluffing, never really got the Virus but is desperate to prove the virus that has killed 210,00 American citizens is no big deal if you are a beacon of health like that vainglorious buffoon who smears himself with pancake makeup and sprays vast amounts of hair stiffener to hold that big ass combover in place. And yet, there are people moved to nirvana just by looking at that puffy sweaty crack-ho.
0 Replies

Builder

Tue 6 Oct, 2020 02:05 am

Nailed it.
0 Replies

oristarA

Tue 6 Oct, 2020 02:50 am
@BillW,
BillW wrote:

Donald Trump was visibly gasping for air as he returned to the White House balcony from Walter Reed today. It also shows him wincing and breathing awkwardly.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=58a1hcd_oyg

The same impression here (I watched a video from Washington Post). He apparently has had a mild difficulty of breathing and all the while trying to keep looking cool. I was wispering as I watched:"Speak, speak, speak Trump" eager to hear his usual crisp and clear sound to confirm the impression. But he kept silent.

BillW

Tue 6 Oct, 2020 03:35 am
@oristarA,
From the evasive answers given by the Doctor and these visual proofs of evidence, it fully appears Trump has lung damage. In comparing these bits with the occasional trajectory of the Covid virus, this could maybe indicate a great deal of trouble for him in the very near future?