monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Frank Apisa

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 07:16 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

It doesn’t look like fun stewing over something all night long just to carry on the next day.

You can’t accuse Snood of doing that.

I AM accusing Snood of taking a fairly innocuous comment of mine...and making it into an indictment of my character...an accusation of hypocrisy.

Izzy, over the years I have seen you go to the mattresses over perceived insults by people...giving as good as you get in return...arguing for as long as the argument took.

Now you seem to be suggesting that I back off from something I DID NOT START.

Why?

Here was my initial comment: https://able2know.org/topic/355218-4758#post-7059684

Follow the replies...and you will see that Snood escalated with each post...insulting me with more vitriol with each succeeding post.

Now, I am just having a bit of fun dealing with his inability to control himself.

Allow me that pleasure.

izzythepush

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 07:23 am
@Frank Apisa,
You did that yesterday.

Move on.
snood

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 07:23 am
Ruth Bader Ginsberg once commented that in her lifetime, she hoped to see 3, 4 or even more women on the highest court. When asked - what number of women would be enough? She replied there will be enough when there are nine.

Damn, I wish she coulda had 87 more years. We need her.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 07:25 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You did that yesterday.

Move on.

Izzy, I will move on when I decide it is time to move on.
snood

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 07:25 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You did that yesterday.

Move on.

But see Izzy, - if he moves on, he won’t get to keep proving how I can’t control myself.
Frank Apisa

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 07:26 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

izzythepush wrote:

You did that yesterday.

Move on.

But see Izzy, - if he moves on, he won’t get to keep proving how I can’t control myself.

Nobody else has to prove it. You prove it yourself.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 07:28 am
@Frank Apisa,
I know you will, I was just hoping common sense might start working.

There are certain people on A2K who insist on having the last word regardless of how daft they look.

You’re one of them as is Oralloy and BillRM.

Is that a club you really want to be part of?
Frank Apisa

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 08:17 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

There are certain people on A2K who insist on having the last word regardless of how daft they look.

I have given others "the last word" on many occasions, Izzy. In fact, I am pretty sure I have given Snood the last word on occasions. I am just not willing to do so on this issue. He started something insulting that did not need to be started. I intend to have the final word in this case. That most assuredly does not mean that I insist on having the last word all the time.

We've had our bad moments ourselves in the past...and have managed to work our way out of them.

Just let this lie. It will work itself out.
0 Replies

snood

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 08:48 am
Sometimes (not all the time, mind you😁),

But sometimes when I find myself feeling offended at something said, I have to acknowledge that part of my hurt feelings have to do simply with the fact that what was said was true, and the truth hurt.

Now granted, it’s much, much more comfortable and preferable if I can attribute an interpretation to whatever was said that leaves me untouched. Like “they are just jealous of me”, or “that person said that because they are stupid or crazy”.

But sometimes, it’s just like the old country saying goes, “A hit dog will yelp”.
Frank Apisa

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 09:11 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

But sometimes when I find myself feeling offended at something said, I have to acknowledge that part of my hurt feelings have to do simply with the fact that what was said was true, and the truth hurt.

Now granted, it’s much, much more comfortable and preferable if I can attribute an interpretation to whatever was said that leaves me untouched. Like “they are just jealous of me”, or “that person said that because they are stupid or crazy”.

But sometimes, it’s just like the old country saying goes, “A hit dog will yelp”.

So what you are saying is that when I told you "You are full of ****"...you realized I had told the truth...and that struck a nerve.

Okay. I get that.

snood

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 09:18 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

snood wrote:

So what you are saying is that when I told you "You are full of ****"...you realized I had told the truth...and that struck a nerve.

Okay. I get that.

Nope. Not what I was saying at all. And you know that but you’re continuing in your puerile attempts at provocation, which, also, is understandable. For you to acknowledge that you’ve already admitted having your feelings hurt by being called a hypocrite - that would take some self reflection on your part. But I’m sure you’re doing the best you can.
justaguy2

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 09:32 am
@hightor,
Personally, I judge people on their character (in the case of online forums, their posts) rather than on their political or religious leanings. Just because they support a different side of politics to you doesn't necessarily mean they are a bad person. It reminds me of another guy I used to know, he supported the labor party and absolutely despised the liberal party here, he was also a conspiracy theorist as much as the far-right nuts that post here - even some of the same conspiracies too for that matter. He wouldn't even let you finish what you were saying before cutting you off mid-sentence, but of course would demand you let him finish what he was saying without cutting him off mid-sentence. So like another labor party supporter I used to know, they were both just as narcissistic and hypocritical as the nuts that post here. I have nothing more to do with either of them, and cut them both out of my life and haven't looked back either. And that was because of their narcissism and hypocrisy, not because of their political leanings.

So it just goes to show that one's allegiance to a particular political party doesn't mean they are a "good" or "bad" person. It reminds me of yet another guy I know; he'd always carry on about how evil Johnny Howard was as our former PM here, and I said something to the effect of "while I don't agree with everything he did, I don't disagree with everything he did either". But the first part somehow "got lost in translation" with my mate, and he said sometime later something to the effect of "it made me angry when you were defending John Howard". Where it was like, so you only heard the second part of what I said, but ignored the first part entirely...hmmmmmm? Well no, I wasn't "defending him", I clearly said: "while I don't agree with everything he done, I don't disagree with everything he done either".

In any case, the danger with taking politics too seriously is that it can make you a target for the deranged far-right.
snood

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 09:41 am
@justaguy2,
It’s certainly not that I think everyone voting for Trump is as vile as Trump.

It’s just that I can’t reconcile how they can enable and thus be complicit in the vileness.
Region Philbis

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 09:45 am

Pelosi: Trump wants to "crush" ACA with Ginsburg replacement

Pelosi wants to steer the conversation around the potential Ginsburg replacement to health care,
which polls show is a top issue for voters, especially amid the coronavirus pandemic. The Trump
administration has urged the courts to strike down the law, and with it, protections for millions
with pre-existing conditions.

"He doesn't want to crush the virus, he wants to crush the Affordable Care Act," Pelosi said on
Sunday...
0 Replies

justaguy2

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 09:49 am
@snood,
I understand what you're saying, but I just don't think it's as simple as saying that. Someone who voted for him in 2016 may not have the same reasons to vote for him again for one thing. And as I've tried to explain at least a few times now, there is a reason you get someone like trump. Essentially, when people vote out of anger, it creates room for someone like trump. So he's a symptom of a far deeper problem(s). So until your country fixes them, then it's not really surprising you get someone like trump ready and willing exploit the situation (which is exactly what's happened, and the democrats aren't blameless here either).

Although, you may wish to continue this discussion in your other thread, as it might be more suitable there perhaps?
oralloy

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 09:53 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
It’s just that I can’t reconcile how they can enable and thus be complicit in the vileness.

No such vileness.

Mr. Trump is doing a great job. Look at the way he protects people from progressives.
0 Replies

snood

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 10:21 am
@justaguy2,
Sorry, where are you from again?
coldjoint

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 11:00 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

If he gets real lucky he will join the club of people you have on ignore.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 11:02 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

Vileness is a pretty general term. Do you have any examples, or are you just exercising the huge hate muscle you have developed?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 11:17 am

Collins ✓
Murkowski ✓

Murkowski opposes taking up a SC nomination before Election Day

Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski said Sunday that she opposes taking up a Supreme Court nomination
prior to Election Day, becoming the second GOP senator this weekend to voice opposition to Senate
movement on the matter before the 2020 election.

"For weeks, I have stated that I would not support taking up a potential Supreme Court vacancy this
close to the election. Sadly, what was then a hypothetical is now our reality, but my position has not
changed," the Alaska Republican said in a statement...