monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

oralloy

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 07:54 pm
@MontereyJack,
That is incorrect. It is the Democratic judges and justices who engage in judicial activism.

Republican judges and justices uphold the Constitution.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 07:58 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
Another conservative judge will stop the judicial activism for 30 years.

Unless the Democrats gain control over the House, Senate, and White House at the same time, expand the Supreme Court to 15 seats, and pick whacko leftists for all six new seats.

In that case the judicial activism will go full speed ahead.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 08:00 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
It seems to me there is one republican who absolutely should want to wait for after the election, Trump. If there is an open seat, all those conservatives will have to turn out. If the seat is filled they really don't need Trump anymore.

Mr. Trump does more than just fill open judicial seats.

And it's not like this is the last judicial seat that will ever have to be filled. Stephen Breyer is 82 and Sonia Sotomayor is diabetic.

https://i.redd.it/r95z3866mt611.png
MontereyJack

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 08:22 pm
@oralloy,
so our ideal is a judicial dictatorship. Got it.
coldjoint

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 09:02 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

so our ideal is a judicial dictatorship. Got it.

Upholding the Constitution will stop any dictatorship. That is why the Democrats hate the Constitution.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 10:46 pm
In our (Christian) culture, decency dictates that you take a moment to pause, mourn and honor the achievements of the deceased — regardless of your political views.

These are the practiced traditions that ultimately strengthen democracies and make peaceful coexistence possible despite all differences of opinion. Societies need rules so that they don't fall apart. Respecting the dead is a vital part of that.

There is a reason why every culture has developed distinct mourning rituals.

Seems that is not part of the "treasured and precious inheritance" and the "nation’s great history".
Builder

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 10:56 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
In our (Christian) culture, decency dictates that you take a moment to pause, mourn and honor the achievements of the deceased — regardless of your political views.

That's not how "christian" America views the situation at all, unfortunately, Walter. In fact, it's more like the snood attitude, being "if you're not with us, you're the enemy".

In Australia's last census, the most common response to "what religion do you identify with..?" was, "No Religion".
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 05:10 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
Yeah I understand. What could anyone really say to defend being pals with a bunch of Trumpers?

This exchange saddens me. Well maybe that's an exaggeration, but I find it troubling. Well maybe that's an exaggeration, too. Look, I don't know you guys but I respect you both and I think Snood should cut Frank a little slack here. I think Frank's saying that the only time he spends with these people is on the golf course. Playing golf with a person isn't really like having a close friendship with someone. I've heard of ballplayers who practically hated each other off the diamond but managed to overcome their personal feelings and work together on the field. I don't think it's healthy to live life as 'all politics all the time'.

According to the genius, Snood...Ruth Bader Ginsberg, despite the fact that she fought all her life for the rights and dignity of all humans, was a traitor to "the cause" because one of her dearest and most treasured friends was Antonin Scalia, a man who seems to have dedicated his life to eroding those things.

Sad.

But, of necessity, one comes into contact with that kind of thinking when one operates on the Internet, where anyone can post.
farmerman

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 05:19 am
@Frank Apisa,
Ive found that many of us are single issue oriented often to the denial of all others.
hightor

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 05:24 am
Trump Supporters Disrupt Early Voting in Virginia
Quote:
A group of Trump supporters waving campaign flags disrupted the second day of early voting in Fairfax, Va., on Saturday, chanting “four more years” as voters entered a polling location and, at one point, forming a line that voters had to walk around outside the site.

County election officials eventually were forced to open up a larger portion of the Fairfax County Government Center to allow voters to wait inside away from the Trump enthusiasts.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 05:32 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Ive found that many of us are single issue oriented often to the denial of all others.

I acknowledge that is an easy trap to fall into, FM. Right now, our Republic is in more danger than at any time since the American Civil War. We ought all to be working together to lessen the danger.

I realize I am being diverted from that by this argument I am having with Snood. I apologize for that...the mitigation should be more important. But there were important points to be made in my response to Snood's comments about my friendships...and I feel they were appropriate.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 05:37 am
@Frank Apisa,
Ffs Frank, let it go.
snood

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 05:37 am
@Frank Apisa,
You’re not Ruth Bader Ginsburg, you pompous schmendrick. Public figures on the level of her and Scalia have a responsibility to maintain public friendship. All the senators call each other “my dear friend”, too.

And I never said you were a traitor to any cause, merely that you’re an officious hypocrite who talks tough to conservatives online, but laughs at their jokes at home.

A perfect illustration of your two-faced phoniness:
When I agreed with you, I was an intelligent wordsmith and you punctuated my posts with “bravos” and “ hear hears”.

When I call you on your sh*t, I’m a dumb person and it’s a shame I’m even allowed to post on the internet.

You surely can go **** yourself.
Frank Apisa

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 06:21 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Ffs Frank, let it go.

Too much fun with this jackass, Izzy. Gotta have some fun during the pandemic isolation.
Frank Apisa

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 06:24 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

You’re not Ruth Bader Ginsburg, you pompous schmendrick. Public figures on the level of her and Scalia have a responsibility to maintain public friendship. All the senators call each other “my dear friend”, too.

And I never said you were a traitor to any cause, merely that you’re an officious hypocrite who talks tough to conservatives online, but laughs at their jokes at home.

When I agreed with you, I was an intelligent wordsmith and you punctuated my posts with “bravos” and “ hear hears”.

When I call you on your sh*t, I’m a dumb person and it’s a shame I’m even allowed to post on the internet.

**** you very much for that, Snood. I truly enjoy toying with you.

Continue to stew. I am laughing my ass off realizing that you are.
Builder

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 06:27 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 7060169)

The No **** Sherlock award for the week goes to......
0 Replies

hightor

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 06:31 am
'Quite frankly terrifying': How the QAnon conspiracy theory is taking root in the UK
0 Replies

snood

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 06:38 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

snood wrote:

You actually think someone spends time “stewing” over you, or something you say.
Now, that’s funny.

Toy with this.
Frank Apisa

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 06:50 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

snood wrote:

You actually think someone spends time “stewing” over you, or something you say.

Yeah, I do. In fact, I would bet on it. YOU ARE, for instance.

Quote:
Now, that’s funny.

Good. I like a laugh...you like a laugh. Win/win.

Quote:

Toy with this.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQp54wxZK7hbX4hympEqEQXhPpNwtOg-esq5A&usqp=CAU

NAH!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 06:54 am
@Frank Apisa,
It doesn’t look like fun stewing over something all night long just to carry on the next day.

You can’t accuse Snood of doing that.