0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 04:36 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

bobsal u1553115 wrote:

What is it these guys do not get?

Unfortunately, everything.

That is why you avoid debate because you cannot defend the things you believe. Just so you know, what everyone should be able to see.
0 Replies

maiden-usa

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 06:04 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

If I'm dying of cancer and my car goes off the road killing me, I died of the car accident.

If you also had COVID-19, it would be marked as a death as a result of COVID-19 according to officials.
glitterbag

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 07:54 pm
I'm not sure if everybody here has looked at an actual Death Certificate. I've had to settle my parents estate, my mother-in-law and my brother-in law. Two were issued in the State of Maryland and one from Louisiana New Orleans...one from North Carolina. Every single one listed multiple causes of death, My father's main cause of death was a stroke, complicated by pneumonia and dehydration. My brother-in-law died young at age 49 from a heart attack, his cause of death was simply heart attack but the autopsy shows there had been a previous heart attack that he apparently ignored. He died sitting in a wooden rocking chair on the second floor porch of his home. Because he died alone, (not in a hospital) New Orleans treats it as a crime scene until an autopsy and investigation are completed. He had no drugs or alcohol in his system, so those things were not considered contributing factors and the single cause of death was listed as heart attack. In my mothers case, she was diagnosed with Alzheimers at 58 and died of a stroke when she was 72. Her death certificate read, Death due to complications of Alzheimers, septicemia and dehydration (and there might have been a few things I've forgotten).

The only thing I'm trying to point out is there are often many contributing factors to a death. Vital Statistics keep track of all of it to spot trends an to avoid unnecessary deaths. At the height of the AIDS crisis, deaths were counted but I don't remember people complaining that it was a Hoax to discredit Ronald Reagan. He was criticized later for not using the weight of his office to combat AIDS but it wasn't considered a hoax made up by the democrats to tarnish St. Reagans crown.

The health of our population depends on the statistics that Vital Records collects. They tell us when a new flu is coming, where a measles outbreak is occurring, if deadly outbreaks of small pox, diphtheria, polio are reoccurring. Personally, if I can avoid a hospitalization I'm all in.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 07:58 pm
@maiden-usa,
maiden-usa wrote:

bobsal u1553115 wrote:

If I'm dying of cancer and my car goes off the road killing me, I died of the car accident.

If you also had COVID-19, it would be marked as a death as a result of COVID-19 according to officials.

Sez you, people on chemo have died of COVID.....there was no guarantee the chemo would cure them...but just because a person doesn't have an expectation to live more than 5 more years...doesn't make succumbing to a respiratory disorder and gasping for air ok because they only survived 2 instead of 5.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 08:01 pm
@maiden-usa,
Exactly right. If I am in hospice dying of cancer and I get and die of Covid19 - I died of Covid19.

Otherwise a four year old who choked on a toy actually died of old age, the toy only hastened it.

I'm living with my cancer and I hope to die of something else, hopefully not Covid19.
0 Replies

Builder

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 11:32 pm
@maiden-usa,
Quote:

According to google, an Amercian dies every 37 seconds from CVD, which is cardio-vascular disorder/disease, and despite the causes of this being widely recognised, nothing positive is ever done about it, nor is a scare campaign launched about it.

Miraculously, this disease appears to have disappeared on the back of the incoming horse, they called SARS COV-2, renamed COVID-19.
Walter Hinteler

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 11:48 pm
@Builder,
CVDs include coronary artery diseases (CAD) such as angina and myocardial infarction (commonly known as a heart attack),stroke, heart failure, hypertensive heart disease, rheumatic heart disease, cardiomyopathy, abnormal heart rhythms, congenital heart disease, valvular heart disease, carditis, aortic aneurysms, peripheral artery disease, thromboembolic disease, and venous thrombosis.

So you say nothing of such happened according to your research?
oristarA

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 12:29 am
Time of Linguistics:

Quote:
Laying blame and stirring controversy isn’t productive for someone eager to influence policy, Eubank says, citing National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Anthony Fauci’s aversion to publicly discussing his relationship with the Trump administration. Of course, Eubank adds, Fauci has decades of experience threading this needle. But Rivers understands it too, and is holding her own just a few years out of grad school.

Source: https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/09/fight-covid-19-young-epidemiologist-bridges-gulf-between-science-and-us-politics

Does "holding her own" mean "holding her own opinion"? Or does it mean "holding her own experience"?
Builder

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 12:32 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
So you say nothing of such happened according to your research?

See if you can find accurate statistics for any common cause of death. The numbers for the "normal" flu are purportedly well down on last years numbers, as well.
Walter Hinteler

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 02:44 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
See if you can find accurate statistics for any common cause of death. The numbers for the "normal" flu are purportedly well down on last years numbers, as well.
I just looked at the Weekly Counts of Deaths by State and Select Causes since I don't know, if every death certificate is published and online in the USA. (Wouldn't be here due to privacy laws.)
0 Replies

hightor

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 03:01 am
@Builder,
Quote:
According to google, an Amercian dies every 37 seconds from CVD, which is cardio-vascular disorder/disease, and despite the causes of this being widely recognised, nothing positive is ever done about it, nor is a scare campaign launched about it.

Well, for starters, it's not a contagious disease. Secondly, the government, the American Heart Association, and many other health-related organizations and schools continually warn against the dangers of high blood pressure, high cholesterol levels, and lack of physical activity.
Quote:

Miraculously, this disease appears to have disappeared on the back of the incoming horse, they called SARS COV-2, renamed COVID-19.

No, it hasn't "disappeared" nor has any "miracle" occurred.
Quote:
The numbers for the "normal" flu are purportedly well down on last years numbers, as well.

That's because social distancing, hand washing, and mask wearing protect against the flu as well. It also tends to be a disease which is more common during cold weather.
Builder

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 03:24 am
@hightor,
Quote:
It also tends to be a disease which is more common during cold weather.

Yes, it's the first few weeks of Spring here.

Quote:
That's because social distancing, hand washing, and mask wearing protect against the flu as well.

Basic hygiene and effective sanitation always rock.
0 Replies

justaguy2

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 06:32 am
@izzythepush,
I understand what you're saying Izzy, and I don't disagree with your point which is perfectly valid too.

But sometimes you have to think about the bigger picture. In this case, the danger is that not only would it cause more division, it would also set a pretty dangerous precedent. As what about a democrat "president" being prosecuted by the republicans, because they hated them enough? There's also the point that, being a complete moron, narcissist, completely unfit and incompetent aren't crimes. As well as the fact, and as much as the US is a "flawed democracy", the democratic way is to vote trump out, as only dictators prosecute their opposition.

So I think we will have have to disagree if I'm understanding your position correctly, as much as I agree with your point about the lackeys getting jail time while the person who orchestrated it gets off. It's not perfect, but nothing ever is.

But no, I don't think any less of you as a person because we disagree on what the US should do post-trump (assuming he loses of course)... unlike some here that what to be hypocrites and childish about it when someone disagrees with them. Smile
justaguy2

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 06:41 am
@bobsal u1553115,
No, actually I haven't "been talking to max". You're no better than max, pinky or any of the other nutbags that post in this little forum if you're going to accuse people of saying or doing things they have not said or done, or implying either for that matter.

The points I was making is that; donald ******* trump is a symptom of the problems your country has, and those same problems did not start with trump. They existed well before trump come along, and just treating the symptoms won't solve those same problems.

Prosecuting trump will not only just cause more division, it will also make a martyr out of him to all of his followers. There is also the issue that, and let's say trump is prosecuted; if he gets off and is found not guilty, then just like the silly little impeachment, it will be nothing but another big and pointless waste of time. Again, it will be hard enough for biden to be able to unite the US of A, let alone make any meaningful changes for the better. You don't seem to understand that you cannot fix a problem by treating the symptoms, you need to actually solve the problem(s). And you are talking about far deeper problems than trump, as trump is also just a symptom of those same problems. Trump is a product of his environment and your country's ratshit society, that's why he is the way he is.

Are you able to comprehend that BOB?

Grow up, and wake up. Time to leave never never land.
izzythepush

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 06:42 am
@justaguy2,
I have no problems with any future president Republican or Democrat being prosecuted because they broke the law.

Trump has broken the law, he just got Republican controlled Congress to rule key evidence as inadmissible.

I don’t think Trump should be prosecuted because I dislike him. I think he should be prosecuted because of his ties with Russia and his shady dealings in Ukraine.

If every incoming president knew he was likely to be prosecuted by his successor he’d be squeaky clean.
bobsal u1553115

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 07:09 am
@justaguy2,
Bunkum of the first order. You're the same as the rest of us. Third-way antics are still antics.
snood

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 07:21 am
@justaguy2,
justaguy2 wrote:

No, actually I haven't "been talking to max". You're no better than max, pinky or any of the other nutbags that post in this little forum if you're going to accuse people of saying or doing things they have not said or done, or implying either for that matter.

The points I was making is that; donald ******* trump is a symptom of the problems your country has, and those same problems did not start with trump. They existed well before trump come along, and just treating the symptoms won't solve those same problems.

Prosecuting trump will not only just cause more division, it will also make a martyr out of him to all of his followers. There is also the issue that, and let's say trump is prosecuted; if he gets off and is found not guilty, then just like the silly little impeachment, it will be nothing but another big and pointless waste of time. Again, it will be hard enough for biden to be able to unite the US of A, let alone make any meaningful changes for the better. You don't seem to understand that you cannot fix a problem by treating the symptoms, you need to actually solve the problem(s). And you are talking about far deeper problems than trump, as trump is also just a symptom of those same problems. Trump is a product of his environment and your country's ratshit society, that's why he is the way he is.

Are you able to comprehend that BOB?

Grow up, and wake up. Time to leave never never land.

You’re awfully condescending and snotty with all your advice to us ignorant Americans, aren’t you?