monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coluber2001

Wed 22 Jul, 2020 01:40 pm
Too Much and Never Enough by Mary Trump

P. 12-13
I have no problem calling Donald a narcissist-- he meets all nine criteria as outlined in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5)-- but the label gets us only so far.

Does the Donald have other symptoms we aren't aware of? Are there other disorders that might have as much or more explanatory power? Maybe. A case could be made that he also meets the criteria for antisocial personality disorder, which in its most severe form is generally considered sociopathy but can also refer to Chronic criminality, arrogance, and disregard for the rights of others. Is there cormorbidity? Probably. Donald's may also meet some of the criteria for dependent personality disorder, the hallmarks of which include an inability to make decisions or take responsibility, discomfort with being alone, and going to excessive lengths to obtain support from others. Are there other factors that should be considered? Absolutely. He may have a long-term undiagnosed learning disability that for decades has interfered with his ability to process information. Also, he is alleged to drink upward of 12 Diet Cokes a day and sleep very little. Does he suffer from a substance- ( in this case caffeine-) induced sleep disorder? He has a horrible diet and does not exercise, which may contribute to or exacerbate his other possible disorders.

The fact is, Donald's pathologies are so complex and his behaviors so often inexplicable that's coming up with an accurate and comprehensive diagnosis would require a full battery of psychological and neuropsychological tests that he'll never sit for. At this point, we can't evaluate his day-to-day functioning because he is, in The West Wing, essentially institutionalized. Donald has been institutionalized for most of his adult life, so are there is no way to know how he would thrive, or even survive, on his own in the real world.
McGentrix

Wed 22 Jul, 2020 01:55 pm
@coluber2001,
Throwing darts at a dartboard and puking up psychoanalytic technobabble for the mewling libbies... Cute.

1. A case could be made that he also meets the criteria for antisocial personality disorder
2. may also meet some of the criteria for dependent personality disorder, the hallmarks of which include an inability to make decisions or take responsibility, discomfort with being alone, and going to excessive lengths to obtain support from others.

Which is it? Also, "inability to make decisions or take responsibility" from the guy that has lived half his life firing people? lol

I honestly wouldn't be shocked to find out Trump helped write the book so he can get more $$
0 Replies

coluber2001

Wed 22 Jul, 2020 02:43 pm
"Too Much and Never Enough" by Mary Trump

P. 13-14
At the end of my aunt's birthday party in 2017, as we lined up for our pictures, I could see that Donald was already under a kind of stress he never experienced before. As the pressures upon him have continue to mount over the course of the last 3 years , the disparity between the level of competence required for running a country and his incompetence have widened, revealing his delusions more starkly than ever before.

Many, but my no means all, of us have been shielded until now from the worst effect of his pathologies by a stable economy and a lack of serious crises. But the out of control COVID-19 pandemic, the possibility of an economic depression, deepening social divide along political lines thanks to Donald's penchant for division, and devastating uncertainty about our country's future have created a perfect storm of catastrophes that no one is less equipped than my uncle to manage. Doing so would require courage, strength of character, deference to experts, and the confidence to take responsibility and to course-correct after admitting mistakes. His ability to control unfavorable situations by lying, spinning, and obfuscating has diminished to the point of impotence in the midst of the tragedies we are currently facing. His egregious and arguably intentional mishandling of the current catastrophe has led to a level of pushback and scrutiny that he's never experienced before, increasing his belligerence and need for petty revenge as he withholds vital funding, personal protective equipment, and ventilators that your tax dollars have paid for from States whose Governors don't kiss his ass sufficiently.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Below viewing threshold (view)
coldjoint

Wed 22 Jul, 2020 03:47 pm
http://patriotretort.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Smeagol-terrorizing.jpg
coluber2001

Wed 22 Jul, 2020 05:07 pm

P. 14
In the 1994 film based on Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley's novel, Frankenstein's monster says, " I do know that for the sympathy of one living being, I would make peace with all. I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other." After referencing that quote, Charles P. Pierce wrote in Esquire," [Donald] doesn't plague himself with doubts about what he's creating around him. He is proud of his monster. He glories in its anger and its destructiveness and, while he cannot imagine it's love, he believes with all his heart in it's rage. He is Frankenstein without conscience."
coldjoint

Wed 22 Jul, 2020 08:28 pm
@coluber2001,
Quote:
He is Frankenstein without conscience."

Ka Ching $$$ exactly what haters want to hear.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Wed 22 Jul, 2020 08:43 pm
@coldjoint,
racist bullshit, par for conservative propaganda.
coldjoint

Wed 22 Jul, 2020 09:00 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
racist bullshit, par for conservative propaganda.

A meaningless post is par for your course.
0 Replies

goldberg

Wed 22 Jul, 2020 11:11 pm
@revelette1,
America needs a pragmatic leader like Bill Clinton, not a wallflower like Obama or the race-baiting Trump.
0 Replies

goldberg

Wed 22 Jul, 2020 11:17 pm
@BillRM,
I have never called into question the fact that lots of black people have been victims of racial discrimination. Yet there is no denying that lots of Chinese and Asian Americans have been slighted by some seething black Americans.

You just can't chafe at white people for treating black people badly while sneering at Chinese and Asian Americans. This is a double standard.
0 Replies

goldberg

Wed 22 Jul, 2020 11:27 pm
@coluber2001,
Mary Trump's book won't take a toll on Trump's political career. Remember Bill Clinton's sex scandal? The Wall Street Journal's inveterate columnists spent months covering the scandal and carpeting Clinton in its editorial pages .It even published a book featuring this scandal. Did such efforts bring down Clinton's administration?

Most Americans only care about their jobs and wealth benefits. If Biden is a clear-headed sort, then he should know how to win the hearts and minds of the American people. It has nothing to do with ideology at all.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Thu 23 Jul, 2020 04:37 am

P. 14-15
When Rhona Graff, Donald's long-time gateKeeper, sent me and my daughter an invitation to attend Donald's election night party in New York City, I declined. I wouldn't be able to contain my euphoria when Clinton's victory was announced, and I didn't want to be rude. At 5 the next morning, only a couple of hours after the opposite result had been announced, I was wandering around my house, as traumatized as many other people but in a more personal way: it felt as though 62,979,636 voters had chosen to turn this country into a macro version of my malignantly dysfunctional family.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 23 Jul, 2020 05:33 am
@coluber2001,
coluber2001 wrote:

Too Much and Never Enough by Mary Trump

P. 12-13
I have no problem calling Donald a narcissist-- he meets all nine criteria as outlined in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5)-- but the label gets us only so far.

Does the Donald have other symptoms we aren't aware of? Are there other disorders that might have as much or more explanatory power? Maybe. A case could be made that he also meets the criteria for antisocial personality disorder, which in its most severe form is generally considered sociopathy but can also refer to Chronic criminality, arrogance, and disregard for the rights of others. Is there cormorbidity? Probably. Donald's may also meet some of the criteria for dependent personality disorder, the hallmarks of which include an inability to make decisions or take responsibility, discomfort with being alone, and going to excessive lengths to obtain support from others. Are there other factors that should be considered? Absolutely. He may have a long-term undiagnosed learning disability that for decades has interfered with his ability to process information. Also, he is alleged to drink upward of 12 Diet Cokes a day and sleep very little. Does he suffer from a substance- ( in this case caffeine-) induced sleep disorder? He has a horrible diet and does not exercise, which may contribute to or exacerbate his other possible disorders.

The fact is, Donald's pathologies are so complex and his behaviors so often inexplicable that's coming up with an accurate and comprehensive diagnosis would require a full battery of psychological and neuropsychological tests that he'll never sit for. At this point, we can't evaluate his day-to-day functioning because he is, in The West Wing, essentially institutionalized. Donald has been institutionalized for most of his adult life, so are there is no way to know how he would thrive, or even survive, on his own in the real world.

Sounds as though Mary has got Trump pegged to the T!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Thu 23 Jul, 2020 08:37 am

enjoy Colbert...

blatham

Thu 23 Jul, 2020 09:29 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
I am sure that every wealthy, successful person in America has about the same attitude. Think Bill Gates, Elon Musk, The dead Apple Guy, Jeff Bezos, Warren Buffett, Mark Zuckerberg, Larry Page, Charles Koch, Larry Ellison or ANY of the rest of the list are gave a **** about who got in their way?
That saves you the trouble of distinguishing any rich or powerful person from any other. Anyone who arrives in leadership, particularly in the WH as President, is axiomatically a sociopath. Trump or Obama or Reagan or Lincoln or Eisenhower, no difference. All the same.
revelette1

Thu 23 Jul, 2020 09:45 am
@blatham,
And totally ignores Trump's unique awfulness.
0 Replies

revelette1

Thu 23 Jul, 2020 09:51 am
The Lincoln Project understands that Trump’s enablers must pay a price
coldjoint

Thu 23 Jul, 2020 10:34 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
The Lincoln Project understands that Trump’s enablers must pay a price

Tucker Carlson exposed the "Lincoln Project" and the con it is. How about the enablers of the riots and destruction? When are they going to pay? Another opinion below.
Quote:
New York Post:
The founders of the Lincoln Project, a headline-grabbing anti-Trump political action committee formed by GOP operatives who describe the president as a “crook” and “huckster,” have their own checkered dealings with Russia and the tax man, documents obtained by The Post reveal.

Since its inception last November — announced with a blistering New York Times op-ed — the brainchild of George Conway, Steve Schmidt, Rick Wilson and John Weaver has raked in more than $19.4 million, according to FEC filings, and has needled President Trump repeatedly with provocative TV ads.

But the group — which the National Review on Monday dubbed “The Grifter Project” and Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) last week dismissed as a “cabal of political consultants all in it for the money” — don’t exactly practice what they preach.

Cashing in on stupidity and hate.
Quote:
Co-founder Weaver, a political consultant known for his work on John McCain’s and John Kasich’s presidential campaigns, registered as a Russian foreign agent for uranium conglomerate TENEX in a six-figure deal last year, filings with the Department of Justice show.

TENEX’s parent company is Rosatom, a Russian state-owned corporation that also owns Uranium One — the company that paid Bill Clinton $500,000 in speaking fees and millions to the Clinton Foundation after then-President Barack Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton signed off on the controversial merger in 2010.

https://michaelsavage.com/lincoln-project-in-trouble-again-founders-have-ties-to-russia-and-tax-troubles/
0 Replies