monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Tue 21 Jul, 2020 06:02 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
utter nonsense

From you that is a pretty good sign it is not.
tsarstepan

Tue 21 Jul, 2020 06:43 pm
Twitter bans 7,000 QAnon accounts, limits 150,000 others as part of broad crackdown
Quote:
Twitter announced on Tuesday it has begun taking sweeping actions to limit the reach of QAnon content and banned many of the conspiracy theory's followers due to ongoing problems with harassment and the dissemination of misinformation.

Twitter will stop recommending accounts and content related to QAnon, including in email and follow recommendations and will take steps to limit content circulation in places like trends and search. This action will affect approximately 150,000 accounts, according to a spokesperson, who asked to remain unnamed due to concerns about the targeted harassment of social media employees.
0 Replies

goldberg

Tue 21 Jul, 2020 07:01 pm
@BillRM,
Oh. Biden seems to have chosen another wrong black man to help him defeat Trump. Kamau M. Marshall,, head of strategic communications, is said to have posted sexist messages on social media over the past decade, according to Fox News, which claims it "retained screenshots" in spite of Kamau M. Marshall's efforts to delete such sexist messages like " "nice guys finish last because they make sure their girl comes first and "even though I like a power woman, I need her to know her place. Meaning I xxx the #pants...ight." Beyond that, he also called cops pigs in another tweet.

The Biden team has declined to offer any comment on the messages.

goldberg

Tue 21 Jul, 2020 07:06 pm
@goldberg,
Biden seems to be walking a tightrope.
0 Replies

goldberg

Tue 21 Jul, 2020 07:09 pm
@coldjoint,
But Trump is not innocent as well. We all know that he has gone the extra mile to please Putin's Russia. Reagan would have called it a fatuous move.
0 Replies

goldberg

Tue 21 Jul, 2020 07:13 pm
@coldjoint,
Biden is a nice person. Problem is some of his advisers just think that Biden is an easy mark.
0 Replies

snood

Tue 21 Jul, 2020 07:16 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

snood wrote:
The ONLY real obstacle democrats have (and it shouldn’t be underestimated) is the voter suppression, polling place intimidation, and other outright cheating the republicans have done and will continuously do.
I think Trump is trying to divert attention from his failure in the corona crisis. Portland (and maybe soon Chicago, New York and ........) is also providing him with law-and-order campaign ammunition against Joe Biden - similar to the artificial crisis of 2018 around the immigrant "caravans" on the US southern border.

THAT might become more than just an obstacle.

Oh, I don’t doubt the potential carnage that could be coming. I think the thing that Trump is hoping for is that his stormtroopers will incite some citizens to fight back. Then he can just saunter in, declare it an insurrection and national emergency, and put all government business (including elections)on hold until his created ‘crisis’ is brought to heel.
snood

Tue 21 Jul, 2020 07:18 pm
@goldberg,
goldberg wrote:

Buddy, someone writing for Newsweek also thinks that "92 Percent of Black Americans Support Biden Over Trump." Ex-NFL player, Jack Brewer, who's black, argued that "Trump Will Get Over 20% Of Black Vote," last year when talking to the right-wing The Washington Times. This guy is also a member of Black Voices for Trump advisory board. Another black celeb Abdul-Jabbar has called out anti-Semitism in sports after former NBA player and activist Stephen Jackson, along with NFL player DeSean Jackson, made dreadful remarks against the Jewish people.

I think it's still too early to say Biden is going to get 90+ percent of black voters.

You must’ve mistaken me for someone else. I’m not your goddam buddy. And time will tell about the percentages of the POC voters. We’ll see.

goldberg

Tue 21 Jul, 2020 07:25 pm
@snood,
Oh. God bless you and Biden.
0 Replies

snood

Tue 21 Jul, 2020 07:28 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

I hope and pray you are right. I don't mean to be awful but the black vote disappointed in 2016. Perhaps Hillary took them for granted. I think she took us all for granted and just coasted in the general election after the tough primary with Bernie Sanders.

Yeah, we didn’t come out in the numbers we needed to, no doubt about that.

Two things:
First, I truly believe the masses have been awakened by the pestilence that has befallen the country in the person of Fraud 45.

Second, I share your “disappointment “. But much of mine is felt toward the white people - across ALL demographics- that came out in support of Foul 45. Men, women, young, old, uneducated, educated, rural, urban and suburban - Feckless 45 got them ALL.. They saw what he was then, and they see what he is now. Save some of your disappointment for them. Black people can’t save the country alone, even if Biden gets 100% of them.
coldjoint

Tue 21 Jul, 2020 07:30 pm
@snood,
Quote:
will incite some citizens to fight back.

You mean those who disagree with the Left's agenda? You are admitting this is terrorism all for political changes that people do not want but Leftist idiots do.
goldberg

Tue 21 Jul, 2020 07:30 pm
@coldjoint,
I have to admit that Fox News' website is truly an interesting place for fun-loving sorts, not CNN's homepage. Haaaaaaa.
0 Replies

goldberg

Tue 21 Jul, 2020 07:37 pm
@coldjoint,
Liberalism and progressivism are different things. Most liberal thinkers are witty worthies who just want to promote enlightened thinking; some far-left progressive thinkers just want to peg back capitalism and grind down their critics. Some hard-right conservatives are such cranks as well.

0 Replies

goldberg

Tue 21 Jul, 2020 07:46 pm
You can't make America a better place by tossing out more personal smears and racial slurs. America needs solidarity no matter who is going to win the presidential election; otherwise, it will be a nation riven by political divides and internal contradictions. And it would simply weaken America's standing globally at a time when America's foes are spoiling for a fight.

Only foolish people would tussle with their own American fellows.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Tue 21 Jul, 2020 08:01 pm
@snood,
https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/valdostadailytimes.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/d/3a/d3a6b6e4-026f-11ea-9124-5fcbe29ff8d8/5dc5dfde5eb53.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C800

I see this and I wonder if Snood thinks ALL black lives matter? Or only the ones that agree with him?
0 Replies

goldberg

Tue 21 Jul, 2020 08:08 pm
My takeaway: Biden is going to be the winner in terms of the black vote. Trump is going to be the victor in terms of the white vote. Most Asian Americans are going to vote for Trump instead of Biden. Biden might grab more Latino voters.

Biden should be able to defeat Trump if resentments against Trump's handling of Covid-19 keep building up with more confirmed cases and more rounds of lockdowns before the voting day. Yet it might be a different case if America's economy picks up steam.

So, it could be argued that their odds of winning the election are still 50%, although CNN, MSNBC and Fox's polls all show Biden is a leader in the polls.
goldberg

Tue 21 Jul, 2020 08:19 pm
@goldberg,
Ladies, gentlemen, and aliens. please give it up for the new president Taylor Swift and her vice president Goldberg (applause)
0 Replies

BillRM

Tue 21 Jul, 2020 09:08 pm
@goldberg,
goldberg wrote:

My takeaway: Biden is going to be the winner in terms of the black vote. Trump is going to be the victor in terms of the white vote. Most Asian Americans are going to vote for Trump instead of Biden. Biden might grab more Latino voters.

So you think that both the white voters and the Asian voters are that stupid to vote for Trump after the last four years doing such charming actions such as not even calling Putin out on the placing of bounties on our soldiers lives?
goldberg

Tue 21 Jul, 2020 09:13 pm
Black Lives matter? What about this poor female victim from Taiwan?
From AZN News.

"OAKLAND, California—A 33-year-old Asian woman was shot and killed and a 51-year-old man was wounded in a shooting Friday night near the Oakland Coliseum. It is unclear if there was even a relationship between the woman and the 51-year-old man. The shooting occurred around 10:08 pm Friday in an industrial building area around the 500 block of Julie Ann Way. CCTV footage shows five people, three men and two women walking out of the building when an unknown assailant started charging at the group of Asians from outside. Four individuals managed to run back into the building and hide behind a second door, however, one woman can be seen trying to close the front door and is shot in the mid-section. Both victims were taken to the hospital where the woman was later pronounced dead. Authorities do not yet know what the motive was for the shooting and no arrests have been made. This marks the 43rd homicide in Oakland this year. For comparison, at the same time last year, Oakland counted 44 homicides. This latest murder of an Asian shows no change in the last 12 years. The San Francisco Police Department conducted a 2008 survey and found 85% of all physical assaults in the city, the victims were Asian and the perpetrators were African-American, accord to SFGate. There have been several cases within the last year alone that involved African-American assailants raping and robbing elderly Asian women and sometimes murdering them as well. Crime Stoppers of Oakland is offering a $15,000 reward for any information leading to the arrest of the shooter."

Chinese websites claim the victim is a Taiwanese woman living in America. And the killer appears to be a black man according to CCTV footage.
goldberg

Tue 21 Jul, 2020 09:17 pm
@BillRM,
I'm not saying they are drawn to Trump. Yet they just abominate some black people's brutality. Another Asian woman has been shot by someone who appears to be black according to CCTV footage.

I just saw the video clip.

Well, I mean it's hard to imagine they would vote for Biden if Biden makes a point of pandering to black voters. most of his advisers are black; they often appear on either MSNBC or CNN.