monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

cicerone imposter

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 09:27 pm
@layman,
Being a homosexual is not a crime in the US. Rape is a crime.
layman

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 10:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Guess where it is a crime, eh? In these (and other) countries Trump wanted to temporarily halt admission from. And it's a SERIOUS crime. It's not "just ISIS" that throws homosexuals off of 10 story buildings. It's any muslim country which adheres to sharia law.

Such people (with some exceptions) do NOT share "American values" with us. They don't treat women the same, either. Or value free speech (you will be stomped to death if you "insult" their God). Or many other values. As a group, they hate "western civilization" in general.

Fortunately, it isn't yet a crime NOT to be a homosexual in this country. Be careful trying to tell the City of Philadelphia that, though.

cicerone imposter

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 10:06 pm
@layman,
Have you ever visited a Muslim country?
layman

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 10:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I still got my head attached to my body. What's that tellya?
cicerone imposter

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 10:46 pm
@layman,
It tells me you're pretty ignorant.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 10:58 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Odd too as he's a completely normal president.

Watch it Blatham. You for got to put the prefix ab to normal.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Tue 14 Feb, 2017 01:03 am
https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/16700431_10210538646841336_173048505761463965_o.jpg?oh=778f5d53e87f6688b301140a0c031770&oe=593A0DA5
blatham

Tue 14 Feb, 2017 03:33 am
Sunday, on ABC's "This Week", Stephen Miller actually made this claim:
Quote:
“We have a president who has done more in three weeks than most presidents have done in an entire administration”
ABC
One can understand how this administration and its spokespersons are so well respected as purveyors of truthfulness.
Walter Hinteler

Tue 14 Feb, 2017 03:44 am
@blatham,
Russian politicians mounted a fierce defence of Flynn.

Konstantin Kosachev, chairman of the foreign affairs committee at the upper chamber of the Russian parliament, said in a Facebook post that firing a national security adviser for his contacts with Russia is "not just paranoia but something even worse."

"Either Trump has not gained the requisite independence and he is consequently being not unsuccessfully backed into a corner, or Russophobia has already infected the new administration also from top to bottom," Kosachev was cited as saying by the RIA Novosti news agency.

Leonid Slutsky, head of the lower house of parliament's foreign affairs committee, told RIA: "It's obvious that Flynn was forced to write the letter of resignation under a certain amount of pressure."

(Source: spiegelonline [in German])
blatham

Tue 14 Feb, 2017 03:47 am
Well, Flynn got the boot. The spin here is that Flynn was acting as a lone-wolf and nobody else knew anything about what he was going to say (or did say) in phone calls with the Russian ambassador. Possible but not very likely. In any case, it's a sign of complete incompetence at the top.

But notice how much effort is being put into keeping Pence's name clean here.
NYT
blatham

Tue 14 Feb, 2017 03:52 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
"Either Trump has not gained the requisite independence and he is consequently being not unsuccessfully backed into a corner, or Russophobia has already infected the new administration also from top to bottom," Kosachev was cited as saying by the RIA Novosti news agency.

That's quite a statement. It will be interesting to read more from our comrades there.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 14 Feb, 2017 04:01 am
Flynn's letter duplicates the "In just three weeks the President has solved world hunger" thing that Miller was trying. Is this a trend? Yesterday, McG made some statement using a phrase like "everything Trump has already achieved". What the **** has he achieved? I didn't even bother responding to that. But they certainly might be pushing this out to their base to prevent demoralization.

Another thing we ought to be alert to is the WH and supporters now pushing a narrative that getting rid of Flynn resolves all the outstanding questions regarding the administration's connections to Russia/Putin.
blatham

Tue 14 Feb, 2017 04:23 am
Swamp Draining Populism MegaWin for Middle Class Announcement!
Former Goldman Sachs banker dude confirmed as Treas Sec and will now get to work on the tax code because:

1) the people at the bottom are getting way too much stuff
2) the people way up top are being cheated out of what should rightfully be theirs.
farmerman

Tue 14 Feb, 2017 04:41 am
@blatham,
trickle up theory lives
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 14 Feb, 2017 04:44 am
@blatham,
Quote:
Well, Flynn got the boot. The spin here is that Flynn was acting as a lone-wolf and nobody else knew anything about what he was going to say (or did say)
Wow, I was busy sleeping o I missed the "24 hour Trump news cycle"

Itd been cool ifn der Fuhrer had tweeted Flynn out

Is this a record? Ill bet Flynn didnt even have his business cards made.
blatham

Tue 14 Feb, 2017 04:49 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Ill bet Flynn didnt even have his business cards made.

None in English. That wasn't his first priority.
Quote:
Itd been cool ifn der Fuhrer had tweeted Flynn out

Yes. I'm disappointed by that too.
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 14 Feb, 2017 04:52 am
@gungasnake,
In 2005 environmental concerns (salmon fishermen, outdoorsy types etc) Had sent Herr Schwarzenegger a note about FIXING the spillways at Oroville. It was "buried and subsequent regimes followed suit.

You would have loved "DArwin Day" gunga. It was a celebration of how the Creationist /ID movment is in such terrible disarray as "real science" evidence (Aided by BIG DATA) has allowed us to look at macroevolution and natural selection in existing species

blatham

Tue 14 Feb, 2017 04:58 am
@farmerman,
Yup
Quote:
The emergency spillway, like many others, is made largely of earth, with only a concrete weir, or sill, at the top. Water spilling over it cascades down an earthen hillside that is easily eroded. Environmental groups, including Friends of the River, a California-wide organization, requested in 2005 that the state cover the hillside with concrete. The request was rejected.
NYT
blatham

Tue 14 Feb, 2017 05:07 am
On White House turmoil/chaos
Quote:
“None of this is normal,” said Steve Schmidt, a Republican strategist and top official in President George W. Bush’s White House, who has been highly critical of Trump and ticked through controversies that included false White House statements and the administration’s halted travel ban targeting seven majority-Muslim countries. “The incompetence, the sloppiness and the leaking is unprecedented.”
WP
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 14 Feb, 2017 05:17 am
@blatham,
I used to salmon fish there when I lived in Folsom (I moved up the manass littl town, Stockton)