monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

MontereyJack

Thu 2 Jul, 2020 05:37 pm
@coldjoint,
Polls show seniors shifting to biden. fox is just seeing the senior trump base it's always had, but the majoprity seniors not hard core trumpies are deserting him.
revelette1

Thu 2 Jul, 2020 05:39 pm
@MontereyJack,
I know I am downer, but somehow Trump seems to come up on top despite all the reasons he logically shouldn't have. Polls won't mean too much until the last weeks. JS
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Thu 2 Jul, 2020 05:47 pm
@coldjoint,
8 0+ support for the protests. Yeah, I think that's the majority.
coldjoint

Thu 2 Jul, 2020 05:58 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
8 0+ support for the protests

For protests, not rioting, violence, murder and arson. They are still destroying things. You have a serious problem with reality.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Thu 2 Jul, 2020 06:12 pm

Why June Was Such a Terrible Month for Trump

Last month represented the political nadir of President Trump’s three and a half years in office,
thanks to self-inflicted wounds as he played to his base and missteps by a fractured campaign...
coldjoint

Thu 2 Jul, 2020 06:17 pm
@Region Philbis,

Quote:
Why June Was Such a Terrible Month for Trump

What a surprise the media says Trump's month was terrible. Non-story.
coldjoint

Thu 2 Jul, 2020 06:43 pm
Quote:
Pedophile arrest shows why Trump canned Geoffrey Berman

Quote:

Last week, President Donald John Trump canned Geoffrey Berman as U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York. The press portrayed Berman as a hero.

Today we learned Berman is a heel who failed to prosecute the procurer of underage girls for billionaire Jeff Epstein and his associates, including Prince Andrew and perhaps Bill Clinton.

Quote:
I hope she sings like a choir of canaries.

https://donsurber.blogspot.com/2020/07/pedophile-arrest-shows-why-trump-canned.html?spref=tw
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 2 Jul, 2020 08:48 pm
Quote:

‘New York Times’ Calls Mount Rushmore ‘White Supremacist’ Monument

Anyone here agree?
https://thewashingtonsentinel.com/new-york-times-calls-mount-rushmore-white-supremacist-monument/
MontereyJack

Thu 2 Jul, 2020 08:53 pm
@coldjoint,
it kinda is. Two of the foir were slaveholders.One never freed his slave kids and left them as slaves when he died, which is pretty cold. Local Ntive American tribes want it removed too.
MontereyJack

Thu 2 Jul, 2020 08:57 pm
@coldjoint,
Sure was. He continued to avoid the pandemic as thousands more died and new cases spiked. He is completely out of touch with the millions of peaceful rotesters in the streets. And his approval ratings slipped further. he deserved every bit of the disdain for him.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 2 Jul, 2020 11:06 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
it kinda is. Two of the foir were slaveholders.One never freed his slave kids and left them as slaves when he died, which is pretty cold. Local Ntive American tribes want it removed too.

Remember you said that next time you claim you are an American. You cannot judge the past with today's standards.
MontereyJack

Thu 2 Jul, 2020 11:30 pm
@coldjoint,
sure I can. so you gonna tell me the romans were perfectly correct to crucify jesus because he violated their law and we can't judge them by our standards? thought you were a belligerent Christian.
MontereyJack

Thu 2 Jul, 2020 11:39 pm
@coldjoint,
thought you were an exponent of freedom of religion. rushmore is a gross violation of religion as well as a reminder of centuries of broken treaties with native americans.
Quote:
©.

The chairman of the Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe is calling for the removal of the Mount Rushmore National Memorial, arguing that it is carved in an area that is considered sacred land to Natives.

"Nothing stands as a greater reminder to the Great Sioux Nation of a country that cannot keep a promise of treaty then the faces carved into our sacred land on what the United States calls Mount Rushmore," said Harold Frazier, chairman of the Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe in South Dakota, where the memorial is located.
"The United States of America wishes for all of us to be citizens and a family of their republic yet when they get bored of looking at those faces we are left looking at our molesters," Frazier wrote in a statement on June 29.
Frazier is just the latest in a slew of Native leaders who have spoken out the monument, which features the faces of four former presidents: George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln.
In June, Oglala Sioux President Julian Bear Runner said Mt. Rushmore is a "great sign of disrespect," noting he believes it should be "removed."
Both the Oglala and the Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe -- which is home to four bands of Sioux Natives -- are part of the Great Sioux Nation.
Mt. Rushmore is carved into the Black Hills, which had been occupied by Lakota Sioux Natives. In the Fort Laramie Treaty of 1868, signed amidst ongoing conflicts between Natives and Western expansion settlers, the US recognized Black Hills as part of the Great Sioux Reservation, according to US National Archives.
But once gold was discovered in the Black Hills, that all changed. Miners moved into the area, and the US Army began to move against the Native people in the mid to late 1870s. In 1876, the Great Sioux War was fought between the US and local Natives over ownership of the Black Hills. In 1877, the US confiscated the Hills through the "Sell or Starve" Act, which cut off rations to the Sioux people if they did not cede the land.
About 50 years later, in the 1920s, Mt. Rushmore was carved. More than two million tourists visit each year, according to the National Park Service, which describes the memorial on its website as "a symbol of freedom and hope for people from all cultures and backgrounds."
President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump will travel to Mt. Rushmore on Friday for an early Fourth of July fireworks celebration and flyover, the first of its kind in more than a decade.
"We are now being forced to witness the lashing of our land with pomp, arrogance, and fire, hoping our sacred lands survive," Frazier said. "This brand on our flesh needs to be removed, and I am willing to do it free of charge to the United States, by myself if I must."

cnn
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 2 Jul, 2020 11:44 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
thought

You? Not a chance.
MontereyJack

Thu 2 Jul, 2020 11:50 pm
@coldjoint,
so you're not a Christian, just playing one on tv?
coldjoint

Thu 2 Jul, 2020 11:57 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
so you're not a Christian, just playing one on tv?

I have answered that question several times and am not answering it again.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 3 Jul, 2020 12:13 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
IT'S MARCHED IN THE STREETS FOR WEEKS.

You think that was the majority? You have to be kidding. It destroyed things and took lives for weeks. So the majority of people are violent thugs?Laughing Laughing Laughing

How many lives were lost (you can't count the people who were shot or smothered by the police)?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 3 Jul, 2020 12:16 am
@revelette1,
Did you get a copy of draft dodger John (Yosemite Sam's) Bolton's book?
oralloy

Fri 3 Jul, 2020 02:19 am
@MontereyJack,
montereyjack wrote:
black lives matter

People have the right to defend themselves when black people try to murder them.
oralloy

Fri 3 Jul, 2020 02:22 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
https://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/stg062920dAPR20200627074508.jpg

I hope the government is going to take steps to crack down on the leftist violence that is likely to break out on election night once it becomes clear that Mr. Trump has been reelected.
0 Replies