monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

bobsal u1553115

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 10:30 am
@MontereyJack,
HEAR! HEAR!

Could never have put it that well!!!

In Ms William's words, cj and oralloy are like President Trump and the Senate majority leader, Mitch McConnell, in that they "cannot understand the difference between rewriting and reframing the past. I say it is not a matter of “airbrushing” history, but of adding a new perspective."

But calling Ms Williams a "racebaiter" is singularly despicable, that she can't "let go" of the sordid events of 400 years go in spite of the fact they still physically manifest themselves daily by the fact of Ms William's simple being.

Maybe they should take their own advice and stop shilling for Israel's alleged "right of return"? That's more than 2,000 years buried.
coldjoint

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 10:46 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
But calling Ms Williams a "racebaiter" is singularly despicable, that she can't "let go" of the sordid events of 400 years

First of all, we have not been a country for 400 years. So you have to blame someone else up until that time. Second, if she does some research she might find out if her ancestors were sold to White men by Black chiefs in Africa. A lot of tribes, the same color as the slaves, sold them.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 10:49 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
those white people's immediate descendants spent the next century "legally"oppressing black people with jim crow laws and segregation.

Yes, we call those people Democrats.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 10:58 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Whew!

Thank you for that. I subscribe to the NY Times...but missed the article.

It would have been a very sad miss...because that was the best treatment of that issue I have ever read.

Caroline Williams. Gotta remember that name.
bobsal u1553115

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 11:00 am
To our resident nitwit:

"That's about some ignorant **** right there." what my neighbor Homer T. Smith would have said about your crap comment.

Slavery started here 400 years ago. The US didn't start it, but it sure picked it up and expanded it. Fought a bloody, bloody war over it. You sure can't seem to get over your hate-inspired statues of traitors.
bobsal u1553115

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 11:04 am
@Frank Apisa,
That really got me, too. I miss a lot but I caught that one. I've posted it several other places. How does anyone deny her truth?
0 Replies

revelette1

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 11:27 am
Kooks, Never-Maskers and our Pandemic Death Toll: The High Cost of Republican Malevolence

Quote:
The villains in this story are many, but there is a single, unifying theme: the Republican Party in its current iteration is an incredibly dangerous organization, led by credulous fools whose information diet is produced by bloviating con artists and who are so desperate to maintain their ill-gotten power that they will sacrifice hundreds of thousands of lives to do so. The sneering ringleader of this death cult is the President of the United States himself, who squandered critical weeks of preparation time early in the pandemic, and then prematurely decided the crisis was over sometime in late April. President Trump’s gratuitously stupid and misleading press briefings have been replaced by precisely nothing, giving the deliberate and false impression that the virus has been vanquished.

His vain refusal to mask up in public has turned a cheap and effective public health intervention into yet another front in the right’s fevered, paranoid culture war. He pimped miracle cures like Alex Jones, leapt like Pavlov’s dog at any opportunity to brag about ephemeral economic rebounds, and forced terrified governors to mount clandestine operations to obtain and hide medical equipment. His every utterance worsened the general atmosphere of confusion and hopelessness by demonstrating the abject uselessness – or often the outright malevolence – of the federal government. The White House even invented comical explanations for the president’s lethargic buck-passing, by claiming that President Trump had empowered “our great governors” and harnessed the energy of federalism. Lies, lies, lies. At every stage of this nightmare, you could count on whatever flimflam the administration peddled to the media to be counterfeited by actual facts days or weeks later.

You can read more at the link.
oralloy

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 11:38 am
@revelette1,
Since the link is to a known antisemitic propagandist, I think I'll pass on reading more.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 11:39 am
@bobsal u1553115,
You engage in childish name-calling because you have no facts or logic to offer.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 11:40 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
Maybe they should take their own advice and stop shilling for Israel's alleged "right of return"? That's more than 2,000 years buried.

The IDF takes a different position on that question.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 11:41 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
I want foreign troops off our soil now. I’ll feel a lot safer with them gone.

Our troops aren't going anywhere. Fairford and Welford are vital for saving the EU from being conquered by Putin.
oralloy

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 11:42 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
I've not seen much in the way of protection.

Did you notice not being conquered by the Soviet Union?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 12:00 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Fairford and Welford are vital for saving the EU from being conquered by Putin.
RAF Fairford and RAF Welford are bases designated for use by the United States Visiting Forces (USVF).
Certainly NATO and the EU cooperate on issues of common interest, especially, since the two organisations share a majority of members. However, the UK isn't an EU-member state since 31 January 2020.
revelette1

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 12:03 pm
Outrage mounts over report Russia offered bounties to Afghanistan militants for killing US soldiers

Quote:
The Times wrote: “The intelligence finding was briefed to Trump, and the White House’s National Security Council discussed the problem at an interagency meeting in late March.” White House officials apparently drew up several possible options to retaliate against the Kremlin, ranging from a diplomatic reprimand right through to fresh sanctions. However, the White House has so far not taken any action.

Quote:
Michael McFaul, a former ambassador to Russia and a professor of political science at Stanford University, said: “I hope the American people will be as outraged as I am over Trump’s complacency. After he knew about these Putin-ordered contracts to kill US soldiers, Trump invited Putin to the G7.”
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 12:05 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Royal Air Force Fairford or more simply RAF Fairford is a Royal Air Force station in Gloucestershire, England which is currently a standby airfield and therefore not in everyday use. Its most prominent use in recent years has been as an airfield for United States Air Force B-52s during the 2003 Iraq War, Operation Allied Force in 1999, and the first Gulf War in 1991. It is the US Air Force's only European airfield for heavy bombers.[2]

RAF Fairford was the only TransOceanic Abort Landing site for NASA's Space Shuttle in the UK. As well as having a sufficiently long runway for a shuttle landing, it also had NASA-trained fire and medical crews stationed on the airfield.[3] The runway is rated with an unrestricted load-bearing capacity, meaning that it can support any aircraft with any type of load.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAF_Fairford

Quote:
Royal Air Force Welford or more simply RAF Welford is an active Royal Air Force station in Berkshire, England. The airfield is located approximately 6 miles northwest of Newbury; about 50 miles west-southwest of London.

Opened in 1943, it was used during the Second World War by both the Royal Air Force and United States Army Air Forces. During the war it was used primarily as a transport airfield. After the war it was closed in 1946 and placed in reserve status. As a result of the Cold War, the station was reopened in 1955 as a munitions depot by the United States Air Force.

Today it is one of the largest ammunition compounds for the United States Air Force in Western Europe for heavy munitions.[2] One description states RAF Welford comprises 806 acres and is bordered by a 31,680 foot fence-line. They are home to the U.S. Air Forces in Europe's second largest munitions hub. The installation currently maintains 15,000 bombs; over a $160 million stockpile.[3]
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAF_Welford

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/49/USAFUKbases.PNG
oralloy

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 12:06 pm
@goldberg,
goldberg wrote:
You should ask cold this question. Some far-right conservatives still adore Nazi.

Godwin's Law. Another victory for Coldjoint.
oralloy

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 12:07 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
I don’t talk to Coldjoint. I don’t want to give the impression that his vile Nazi comments are worthy of discussion.

Godwin's Law. izzythepush loses again.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 12:08 pm
@oralloy,

Quote:
Godwin's Law. Another victory for Coldjoint.

I never get tired of winning. Very Happy
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 12:09 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
"murder for being black", like Ahmaud Arbery

They thought he was a burglar.

Considering the lynching of Amy Cooper, it is reasonable for people to handle possible threats themselves instead of involving the police.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 12:15 pm
@oralloy,
Well, I do know that.

But NATO isn't there to protect the EU. However, there's a "strategic partnership established between the European Union and NATO in crisis management" (on the EU-side mainly done - on the day-to-day business - by the Director General of the European Union Military Staff's office).