monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Baldimo

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 12:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
By their use of fear. The boogeyman is out there to do us harm; it's a very dangerous world.

That seems to be the gist of your posts. Trump is the boogeyman and he's out to do us all harm...
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 12:13 pm
@farmerman,
Yeah, but now I've two books by Russell, part of my payback to the nuns.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 12:18 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

So, there ya are, just some ordinary high school kid, taking a shower with the rest of the guys after P.E. class, when in comes this thing.

Yesterday, you knew it as "Judy," but today he/she is "Butch."

The school administrators, on orders from Obama, are telling you that you must accept the "fact" that she is what you can clearly see she aint.

Who's "mental health" is being adversely affected here, I ask ya? They're acting like you're the crazy one if you don't believe the emperor has beautiful clothes on, eh?

Ok, I'll answer.

This isn't how it happens in real life. In real life "Judy" has been withdrawn from society because Judy isn't "normal" and "Judy" doesn't feel that she fits in. "Judy" see's people around her enjoying themselves and living their lives while "Judy" gets more and more depressed. One day, "Judy" realizes that she would be more comfortable if people would stop thinking she was a girl and that if people treated her lie a boy she might be able to fit into society.

So, "Judy" starts buying clothes from the boy section. Gets a boys hair cut, have friends start calling him "Butch" now instead of "Judy". This all happens over the course of months and years. "Judy" doesn't just wake up one day and decide that they going to be "Butch" now. Do you really think that the main thing on "Butch"s mind is how much they want to go into the filthy boy's room and maybe catch a glimpse of Layman's dong? "Butch" would never shower with the boys because "Butch" has a terrible body image problem and the last thing they would do is want to be naked in front of anyone.

Grow up. This isn't grade school anymore. This is people's lives and they are having enough trouble getting through the day without having to explain to everyone why the are choosing the men's or women's bathroom.
McGentrix

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 12:19 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

I gotta admit that I have some sympathy for these protesters.

It kinda pisses me off that I can't choose to "identify" with the women's restroom and bust in there, dick in hand, ya know?

Because you are not a transsexual person. You can do what ever you think you need to but be ready for the consequences.
Baldimo

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 12:19 pm
@blatham,
Ignoring another person who doesn't toe your line. The exchange of idea's here is a perfect example of what is really going on in the US. The left plugs their ears and closes their eyes and thinks everyone agrees with them. It is one hell of an echo chamber you have here.
0 Replies

layman

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 12:27 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Because you are not a transsexual person. You can do what ever you think you need to but be ready for the consequences.

Who says I aint? I am whatever I say I am, remember?

There is no explaining to do, remember?

Quote:
This is people's lives and they are having enough trouble getting through the day without having to explain to everyone why the are choosing the men's or women's bathroom.

Besides, it's all about ME, not any of the women who might object. They don't count. They should just grow up. And accept MY choice. They're just trannyphobes if they don't.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 12:28 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
hen Republicans in Kentucky seized total control of the state government last year

This one line invalidates everything else in the article. They win an election and it is phrased as "seizing control". How much BS can the left push. Want to talk about "alt facts"? Winning an election is "seizing power".
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 12:35 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
How do you figure someone as completely brain dead as your articles make Trump out to be got to be President?
Actually, the cargo cult notion was a comment on Trump's followers/voters, particularly the "prosperity gospel" types. What on earth did they think Trump would be able to manage to do for them as President? And it certainly wasn't just liberals who fought against his nomination and election. Relevant knowledge and competence for that post was absent. Issues of character were easily evident.

Quote:
I think you are as threatened by Trump as Layman is by Transsexuals. It's an irrational thing that you just can't grasp.
Not a good analogy, that one. And no, not irrational. For any joking reference I make to Trump, I post or link probably a dozen pieces of commentary on him and/or administration that are serious (no yuk yuk) criticisms of what he's up to. He really is not normal and the ways in which he is not normal are not good.
blatham

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 12:42 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Thanks Osso. Good historical data there.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 12:42 pm
@blatham,
"The issues of character" still mystifies me. The guy has a history of lies and scamming, and he still won the presidency.
blatham

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 12:44 pm
@ossobucotemp,
No, I don't. The interview was on CBC TV just after Russell died, I think My recollection is that he'd edited many of Russell's books so probably not hard to identify with some digging.
Baldimo

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 12:44 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Butch" has a terrible body image problem and the last thing they would do is want to be naked in front of anyone.

"Butch" has a terrible body image because "Butch" has a mental problem that isn't being treated. "Butch" has boob's hanging out in the boys showers while real boys have their balls hanging out, it's vice versa in the girls shower. "Judy" has balls hanging out and the girls have boobs hanging out. Biology is simple, you are either a boy or a girl with a very very few having both parts. Nothing more and nothing less.
blatham

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 12:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It saddens me and it frightens me but I'm not mystified. His most prominent supporters were and remain within a a sector of right wing media which has a huge audience who've been attending for decades, increasingly isolated from honest and factual analyses, and becoming increasingly misinformed. There are other factors too, of course, but that's key.
McGentrix

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 12:56 pm
@blatham,
Not being "normal" is why he won. Politicians have been making promises they can't keep for too many years and the people have lost their trust in them. Watching what Trump is doing should take nobody by surprise. Well, I mean I can see from your point of view because you guys all think politicians are supposed to just win and then fall back on what everyone else has done. But, Trump is ACTUALLY doing what he said he was going to do. Can you imagine that?!

A President that is actually doing what they said they would do! From my point of view, I think the things he is doing are fantastic! It's what I voted for him to do.

Is Trump the best speaker? Nope. He is a good dresser though. He is honest to a point that it comes out insulting to the delicate ears of the left. All they see is wrong so they are blinded by the right things getting done. I mean he's been in office 3 weeks! and look at the things he's done (which I love how all things good are because of Obama, and all things bad are Bush or Trump now...)

The media though, my god, you'd think he beats their grand mothers and shits in their Wheaties. Trump can do the same exact thing as Obama and Obama is just upholding Democracy and keeping the radical right in check while Trump is an Authoritarian Hitleresque demagogue trying to pervert the Constitution! (Executive Orders)

0 Replies

layman

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 12:58 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

It saddens me and it frightens me but I'm not mystified. His most prominent supporters were and remain within a a sector of right wing media which has a huge audience who've been attending for decades, increasingly isolated from honest and factual analyses, and becoming increasingly misinformed. There are other factors too, of course, but that's key.

Yeah, if ya aint no commie, that just proves you're misinformed and aint knowwin no facts, eh?

Quote:
Any man who is not a communist as an adolescent has no heart. Any man who is a communist as an adult has no brain. (Bertie Russell, paraphrased)
layman

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 01:11 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

"Butch" has a terrible body image because "Butch" has a mental problem that isn't being treated.

So, I guess, Butch is attracted to women. I get that, who aint?

So Butch thinks she has a better chance of hooking up with another woman if she acts like a man and straps on a dildo.

But any woman who wanted a man wouldn't want Butch. They would want...well, a man, right?

This "gender confusion" is pretty confusing, I gotta admit.
hightor

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 01:15 pm
@layman,
Not Bertie. Not Disraeli. Not Winston Churchill. It seems the earliest formulation was by Anselme Batbie in 1875 referencing the career of Edmund Burke:
Quote:
Mr. Batbie, in a much-celebrated letter, once quoted the Burke paradox in order to account for his bizarre political shifts: “He who is not a républicain at twenty compels one to doubt the generosity of his heart; but he who, after thirty, persists, compels one to doubt the soundness of his mind.”
McGentrix

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 01:18 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

Baldimo wrote:

"Butch" has a terrible body image because "Butch" has a mental problem that isn't being treated.

So, I guess, Butch is attracted to women. I get that, who aint?

So Butch thinks she has a better chance of hooking up with another woman if she acts like a man and straps on a dildo.

But any woman who wanted a man wouldn't want Butch. They would want...well, a man, right?

This "gender confusion" is pretty confusing, I gotta admit.

Why would you think that "Butch" would be attracted to women? Do you think that all transsexuals are gay? Do you confuse a transvestite with a transsexual?

You really are confused on all of this. Maybe go back to complaining about Blatham and get out of the transsexual conversation.

And Baldimo, really? a "mental problem"? Like schizophrenia?
layman

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 01:20 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Not Bertie. Not Disraeli. Not Winston Churchill. It seems the earliest formulation was by Anselme Batbie in 1875 referencing the career of Edmund Burke:
Quote:
Mr. Batbie, in a much-celebrated letter, once quoted the Burke paradox in order to account for his bizarre political shifts: “He who is not a républicain at twenty compels one to doubt the generosity of his heart; but he who, after thirty, persists, compels one to doubt the soundness of his mind.”

So Bertie's a thief. What else is new? Good research, there, though.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 01:20 pm
@layman,
They wear business suits. Duh
0 Replies