monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

revelette1

Wed 24 Jun, 2020 04:52 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I've been waiting and hoping for that since Trump managed to win the Presidency. Through everything that would toppled any other president in any other time, they have remained faithful and loyal. Like he said, and he knows his consumers, he could shoot somebody...
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 24 Jun, 2020 05:10 pm
https://ride-ct.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Harley-Davidson-statement-600x600.png
oralloy

Wed 24 Jun, 2020 05:14 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
You cannot show where I am in error.

You are in error to claim that there is no conflict between Bobsal's statement and my statement.

In reality there is quite a bit of conflict between the two statements.

hightor wrote:
No, he's correct.

No he isn't. 100% power is absolute power.

hightor wrote:
"Absolute power of the Executive Branch is vested in the President of the United States" is not a phrase found in the Constitution. That is a fact.

He is referring to my claim "The President has absolute power within the executive branch."

There is a phrase found in the Constitution that provides the President with absolute power within the executive branch.

hightor wrote:
If you want to quibble about "100%" vs. "absolute" and whether they mean the same thing, that's a separate issue.

That is incorrect. That is the issue that is under discussion.

Your misstatement of what is being discussed is a second error that you have made.

hightor wrote:
But the in the quoted comment bobsal is literally correct.

No he isn't. The Constitution vests 100% of all federal executive power in the President.

hightor wrote:
Understand?

I always understand.

You're trying to help Bobsal save face after his repeated catastrophic errors.

You're doing this by nitpicking to distract from the actual subject of discussion.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
revelette1

Wed 24 Jun, 2020 05:24 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Very Happy
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 24 Jun, 2020 05:24 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
His "base folks" are easily convinced without suspicion that he knows of what he speaks even though he daily shows us his gross ignorance and incompetence.

I'm one of those base folk. I neither know nor care if the President knows what he is talking about.

He prevents progressives from violating our gun rights for no reason. That's what counts.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 24 Jun, 2020 05:35 pm
@oralloy,
Unfortunately the President doesn't jave any stroke over Federal courts except to name judges nor does he have any stroke over the Surpreme Court.

He doesn't have "absolute powers", after all.
McGentrix

Wed 24 Jun, 2020 06:13 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Unfortunately the President doesn't jave any stroke over Federal courts except to name judges nor does he have any stroke over the Surpreme Court.

You are the only one implying he does. You are the one bringing up the Judicial branch of the Federal government... Did you see the picture I posted? Did you understand it at all?
bobsal u1553115

Wed 24 Jun, 2020 06:16 pm
@McGentrix,
What branch of the Federal Government do you think he's being tried under?
McGentrix

Wed 24 Jun, 2020 06:22 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Who?
oralloy

Wed 24 Jun, 2020 06:23 pm
@McGentrix,
I think he means Mr. Flynn.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 24 Jun, 2020 06:26 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
What branch of the Federal Government do you think he's being tried under?

There's no trial without a prosecution.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 24 Jun, 2020 06:28 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
Unfortunately the President doesn't have any stroke over Federal courts except to name judges nor does he have any stroke over the Supreme Court.

He doesn't need it since the Constitution backs him up 100%.

All he needs is for the courts to uphold the Constitution.

There are more than enough conservative judges on the courts to ensure that the Constitution will be upheld.

bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Within the executive branch he does. And the courts are going to back that up.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 24 Jun, 2020 06:29 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Who?

He's on first.

You guys ought to put your act on the road. You can continue playing with yourself.

Just turn the other way, please. You're scaring the horses.
McGentrix

Wed 24 Jun, 2020 06:32 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Are you saying Trump is on trial somewhere? As far as I know he isn't so I do not know who you are talking about.
oralloy

Wed 24 Jun, 2020 06:40 pm
@McGentrix,
I think he is talking about Mr. Flynn's now-aborted prosecution.

I think he still harbors hopes that somehow the prosecution will be revived despite the lack of interest of the prosecutor.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 24 Jun, 2020 06:41 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Are you saying Trump is on trial somewhere?

In his land of make believe where Blacks have targets on their backs and arson and looting go unpunished. A place that wants nothing to do with American history or culture. That is what the narrative says, and reality has no place at the table.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 24 Jun, 2020 06:49 pm
MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Wisconsin’s governor activated the National Guard on Wednesday to protect state properties after a night of violence that included the toppling of two statues outside the state Capitol, one of which commemorated an abolitionist Civil War hero.

Protesters also attacked a state senator, threw a Molotov cocktail into a government building and attempted to break into the Capitol Tuesday night, only to be repelled by pepper spray from police stationed inside. The violence broke out as a group of 200 to 300 people protested the arrest of a Black man who shouted at restaurant customers through a megaphone while carrying a baseball bat.

https://apnews.com/e32097aa4318b3eabf00f785d30c4d26

These progressive nutcases are out to erase every trace of American culture.
0 Replies