monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Wed 24 Jun, 2020 12:16 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
It was about the screwed up system that makes plenty of more cops like the example.

It is about trying to disrupt the system by promoting hate for the police and the system. If you want things changed try doing it legally not by spreading hate and burning things down.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Wed 24 Jun, 2020 12:16 pm
@hightor,
Is this really what you want to hitch your wagon to?

That is not what Bob was arguing though. It may be what he wrote in one post, but over-arching whinging has been about his misunderstanding of "Absolute power" and what the context of it was. Oralloy would not proclaim to give Trump dictator like powers. He is merely the President, not a king.

Do you honestly believe that Oralloy would somehow confuse the two? That for some reason Oralloy would simply declare Trump to be a god-king with absolute power over everything? Please.

The President is the Executive branch of the Federal Government. Anyone and everyone that works in the executive branch works for the President. He is the boss, the big cheese, the head honcho, el numero uno, CEO, top dog, the head man, the President. Within the Executive branch he has absolute power!

I think most of the whinging is just because you guys don't like Trump.
bobsal u1553115

Wed 24 Jun, 2020 12:43 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
I think most of the whinging is just because you guys don't like Trump.

That and how abysmally educated and narrowly informed you all are.
coldjoint

Wed 24 Jun, 2020 12:52 pm
Quote:
The Movement to Destroy a Nation

Quote:
Nation-wide protests weeks after George Floyd’s murder turned into a movement to destroy a nation. Parading as an attack on racial injustice, the movement has turned into an obliteration of history. This week that devastation set its eyes on faith.

Less than one week ago, protesters rekindled the call for removing confederate statues. Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, in a show of solidarity with the protest mob, removed two portraits of former House speakers who were part of the Confederacy.

From there, the momentum quickly shifted to anyone whose statue is seen as offensive, who may have held racist or politically incorrect views of another era, or who may (or may not) have owned slaves or supported slavery at any time.

Never mind that the qualifiers of what constitutes “offensive” is blurred; the momentum of eradicating history is ruled by emotion, not reason.

Just in the last week, the long list of what’s offensive includes Ulysses S. Grant, Andrew Jackson, Winston Churchill, Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, George Washington, Francis Scott Key and more.

It was inevitable. When you go from a culture that is willing to cancel someone for what they said 10 years ago, why not go for what was said 100 years ago?

Everything is subject to a squinted-eye review based on the strict checklist of virtue extremists.

Now they have come for religion.

This is what so many here do not have a problem with. What kind of American does that make you? I would you are not an American at all.
Quote:
There are other ways to talk about critical and overdue issues in human history, but none of the leading influencers or commentators are capable of leading this discussion, as they are proving.

If it feels like there is no stability in this movement and the monstrosity it has become, it’s because there isn’t any stability. If it feels like the goal posts keep shifting, it’s because they have. This is how extremists operate; they’re erratic, illogical, dangerously passionate, and any sincere cause or desire to do good by the few is lost to the movement of the mob.

Those are the facts in the matter.
https://clarionproject.org/the-movement-to-destroy-a-nation/?utm_source=Clarion
snood

Wed 24 Jun, 2020 12:54 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Does it ever occur to you to post a relevant excerpt from an article along with a link to it, rather than the entire article? That way people wanting the entire story could go to the linked article, and those who just need the gist of it can just read the excerpt.

It seems to me that would be a lot more convenient, all the way around...
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 24 Jun, 2020 12:57 pm
@bobsal u1553115,

Quote:
That and how abysmally educated and narrowly informed you all are.

That is rich coming from someone who knows nothing about the Constitution he took an oath to. For you to say your education is superior is just another way of dodging debate about mob rule and the ridiculous cancel culture that is on a cult level replete with uninformed useful idiots like yourself.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 24 Jun, 2020 01:00 pm
@coldjoint,
On occasion. Usually that's what I do. Personally I prefer to see the entire piece rather chase a link and open windows. Sometimes a headline and link is worthless.
coldjoint

Wed 24 Jun, 2020 01:38 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
On occasion. Usually that's what I do.

Snood made that comment, Einstein.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 24 Jun, 2020 01:42 pm
0 Replies

farmerman

Wed 24 Jun, 2020 02:11 pm
@Frank Apisa,
   https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.C7u_SeJcXyZ32i_xdX1gzAAAAA&w=130&h=110&c=8&rs=1&qlt=90&dpr=1.5&pid=3.1&rm=2

HEY WATCH WHO YOURE DISSIN!!
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 24 Jun, 2020 02:15 pm
Quote:
Flynn Case Update – Appeals Court Orders Judge Sullivan to Dismiss Flynn Case…

One for the good guys. They have also proven Obama had transcripts and knew Flynn's calls were lawful and still framed him. Why is Obama above the law?
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2020/06/24/flynn-case-update-appeals-court-orders-judge-sullivan-to-dismiss-flynn-case/
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 24 Jun, 2020 02:49 pm
Anyone who thinks the Flynn case is over is self deluded. It.Ain't.Over.

There's still three more courts.
hightor

Wed 24 Jun, 2020 02:50 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Is this really what you want to hitch your wagon to?

Hell no. It was addressed to you and, had you been active on the site then, you would have gotten my point right away.

My comment was intended to draw attention to the specific way you quoted the two sentences in your post as if they were contradictory or disputable. bobsal's sentence was perfect, just like the transcript.

I don't know why oralloy was being so obstinate. It's really not like him, at all. Laughing

In general, I don't think it's very small "d" democratic to boast of or make claims about any government figure's "absolute" power. The Constitution doesn't use the word. It sounds like something Duterte or Putin might insist on — it sounds creepy when coming from the president of the USA:

Quote:
“When somebody is president of the United States, the authority is total,” Trump said. “And that’s the way it’s got to be. It’s total. The governors know that.”

He apparently doesn't understand that his authority is limited to the executive branch of government. A lot of USAmericans share a similar desire to be ruled by an autocrat. (I was going to say a "strongman" but Trump isn't really that strong.)

coldjoint

Wed 24 Jun, 2020 02:51 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Anyone who thinks the Flynn case is over is self deluded. It.Ain't.Over.

That does not answer the question. Why is Obama above the law? He was clearly part of a conspiracy to get Flynn, that is illegal.
Quote:
Conspiracy

https://legaldictionary.net/conspiracy/
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 24 Jun, 2020 02:51 pm
The world watches while laughing its ass off:

0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 24 Jun, 2020 03:35 pm
Quote:
Strzok Notes Reveal Obama Directed Flynn Investigation, Biden Raised Logan Act Violation

Quote:
Up until now, it had been unclear exactly how involved Obama was in the FBI investigation of Trump’s national security adviser.

Strzok’s notes are believed to have been taken on January 4, 2017, the apparent date of a White House Oval Office meeting with Obama, Biden, FBI Director James Comey, Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates, and National Security Adviser Susan Rice.

The notes show, according to a court filing, that those officials discussed transcripts of Flynn’s private calls with Russian Ambassador Sergei Kislyak and how to proceed against Flynn.

Obama himself directed that “the right people” investigate Flynn.

Why is Obama above the law?
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/06/24/strzok-notes-reveal-obama-directed-flynn-investigation-biden-raised-logan-act-violation/
0 Replies

coluber2001

Wed 24 Jun, 2020 03:58 pm
Trump's re-election depends on the resurgence of the economy.

A vaccine is a long way off.

Economies that are opening up are experiencing higher rates of Coronavirus.

Coronavirus is not going to go away on its own, and it is being spread by asymptomatic carriers. We need millions of Coronavirus tests every week in order to identify the asymptomatic carriers and temporarily isolate them.

Trump is against the coronavirus test because, for some reason, he thinks it makes him look bad. This is very irrational thinking.

He is, therefore, fighting against the only possible solution.

That's why I say he's mentally ill and headed for a possible crackup.
farmerman

Wed 24 Jun, 2020 04:14 pm
@coluber2001,
I believe its happened many weeks ago. He is obsessed with the venial and totally ignoring the acute problems weve got. His "base folks" are easily convinced without suspicion that he knows of what he speaks even though he daily shows us his gross ignorance and incompetence.
revelette1

Wed 24 Jun, 2020 04:45 pm
@farmerman,
Actually his base folks thinks just like him, totally clueless and heartless and they live right next door. Had a run in with a neighbor on Facebook today. That'll teach me. I mean, it like Trump says aloud what more folks you wouldn't have previously thought would think. (if that makes sense, read it twice still not sure.)
bobsal u1553115

Wed 24 Jun, 2020 04:47 pm
@revelette1,
Which means they'll turn on him the way he turns on those around him.