Tue 23 Jun, 2020 08:04 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Andrew Jackson.

I bet you want the name changed.
MontereyJack

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 08:04 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
so whaddaya think about trashing the boat's namesake statue, as a slave trader and genocidalist??
MontereyJack

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 08:06 pm
@coldjoint,
yeah we know you love slavers and think they're part of our proud heritage.
coldjoint

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 08:10 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
yeah we know you love slavers.

How do you know that? Not that I will ever get an answer. What someone did is part of history. The good and the bad. It does not favor anyone, it is just fact, and should be remembered not erased or rewritten.
bobsal u1553115

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 08:21 pm
@MontereyJack,
They broke her up in '89. So its moot.

I have no love for Andrew Jackson the man.
coldjoint

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 08:24 pm
Quote:
Democrats Exposed as the Racists They've Always Been

https://canadafreepress.com/images/uploads/swirsky062320.jpg
Quote:
A SHAMEFUL EXPOSÉ

However, the good that came out of this disgraceful, destructive, criminal behavior was the willingness of many black conservative commentators and writers to tell the American public what Democrats and their leftist media lackeys have been concealing from the public for decades.

Since the 1960s, the welfare system rewarded single black mothers with lifetime financial support which resulted in every generation for the last 60 years with fatherless homes—in short, the destruction of the black family. When the mothers worked outside the home to make ends meet, their children were left to the streets to admire the rich pimps, drug pushers and other criminals who became their role models….a doomsday scenario for every child.
Public schools run by Democrat-controlled unions and benefits-infatuated teachers and administrators allowed generations of illiterate students to “graduate” without the knowledge or skills necessary to be productive members of society. Just mention the name Eva Moskowitz to any leftist and you will be assaulted with vile language and the deep hatred Democrats feel toward the woman who runs upward of 25 Charter Schools in New York City, schools attended by children from black ghettos who pass the Regents with flying colors, score high marks on the SATs, graduate from high school and go on to top-flight colleges (without the “benefit” of Affirmative Action). This is tragically unlike the children who attend public schools and go on to survive either through lives of crime or welfare dependency.

The result: a disproportionate number of blacks––mostly men––in prison, representing a complete waste of potentially vibrant and contributory lives.
And the women? Most Planned Parenthood facilities are located in minority neighborhoods… on purpose! In fact, 25 percent of abortions performed each year are on black women. The founder of these baby-destroying factories, Margaret Sanger, as John Nolte reports, was an impassioned eugenicist who spoke before Ku Klux Klan groups. On December 10, 1939, in a letter to Dr. Clarence Gamble of the Eugenics Society––in the context of discussing the Negro Project, which she developed in concert with white birth-control reformers––Sanger wrote: “We do not want word to get out that we want to exterminate the Negro population…” The Planned Parenthood Federation of America aborted 345,672 babies during the 2018 fiscal year, which equals approximately 86,500 dead black babies. So much for Black Lives Matter!
Democrats conceived of and implemented Sanctuary Cities which flout federal immigration law in protecting illegal aliens from deportation and prosecution. These laws go further in providing cradle-to-grave benefits like taxpayer-funded free food, free housing, free medical care, free schooling, and of course welfare payments. The result, of course, is that the states who subscribe to this communist philosophy are both crime-ridden and bankrupt. The cost is in the multibillions of dollars, which could and should have been spent on better schools, jobs and living conditions for black citizens, but never is and never was. So much for Black Lives Matter!

https://canadafreepress.com/article/democrats-exposed-as-the-racists-theyve-always-been
0 Replies

engineer

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 08:38 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Henry Clay and Daniel Boone! I took the Clay through decommissioning, have a piece of the hull in my curio cabinet.
oralloy

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 08:39 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
You really dont spend too much time thinking about your responses do you.

I think enough to provide responses that you are incapable of rebutting.

farmerman wrote:
When on takes an oath to uphold the Constitution and instead one plays toadie to the Exec "Boss", one can be considered an "accessory before and after the fact" (thats a felony in the US).

That is incorrect. Obeying the President is not a crime.

If someone tried to make it a crime, that law would be unconstitutional.

farmerman wrote:
Its far better to resign or get fired and let the chief executive serve time alone.

The President has not committed any crime.

farmerman wrote:
Would you join the Trump team with that oath of office directing your loyalty??

I'm not interested in having power and responsibility.

I actually considered campaigning for Mr. Trump very early on because I could see that he was going to be president, and being an early supporter could lead to a job in the White House.

Luckily I was wise enough to realize that I wouldn't be happy in such a position and didn't pursue it.

I would have had no objection to swearing to obey the President if I had joined the government however.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 08:41 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
A few million requests for donations going out to pranksters will definitely deplete campaign funds for postage, especially if they're smart and fill the return envelopes with their prepaid return postage to bulging with scrap paper, to increase the postage due to be paid from the campaign. Every little bit helps.

Postage?

You're living in the wrong decade. These people signed up to have their computers spammed with advertising.

Electrons are cheap.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 08:43 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
good man. sorry about your ship.,, good idea for the statue though. Bronze is almost infinitely recyclable. Send the statue to the scrapyard too, melt it down and recast it as something more worthy.
oralloy

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 08:44 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
No, they're swearing to obey the constitution,

The Constitution says that the President has absolute power over the executive branch.

MontereyJack wrote:
and particularly under trump obeying the constitution and obeying trump are two antithetical things.

That is incorrect. The Constitution says that the President has absolute power over the executive branch.
bobsal u1553115

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 08:45 pm
@engineer,
I got off the Jackson just before she was converted to Poseidons at Groton in '74. Got out in '75. We sailed out of Charleston and spent some time in Rota.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 08:45 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
Ever hear of the "balance of powers"?

Yes.

bobsal u1553115 wrote:
Your yammering on this topic pretty sadly ignorant.

Your inability to point out any errors in my posts says otherwise.
MontereyJack

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 08:47 pm
@coldjoint,
You don't memorialize the bad stuff. WWII is part of our history and should not be forgotten. Deosn't mean we should make a statue of Hitler so we don't forget.
oralloy

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 08:47 pm
@MontereyJack,
Southern culture is not bad. Only bigots think that it is.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 08:49 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
I swore to obey the orders of the President (commander in chief)

It would have been easier for you to just say that I am once again completely correct in everything that I say.
MontereyJack

@oralloy,
when trump does something unconstitutionalhis power does not mean that someone else has to or should support him.
coldjoint

@MontereyJack,
Quote:
You don't memorialize the bad stuff.

Oh yes you do, because sensible people know we can still learn from seeing how far we have come. So that leaves you out, and out of touch with reality. Your reality is built on lies.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 08:50 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
when trump does something unconstitutional his power does not mean that someone else has to or should support him.

Mr. Trump is not doing anything unconstitutional.

But if anyone in the executive branch is not comfortable with obeying him, the solution is for them to resign.
MontereyJack

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 08:51 pm
@oralloy,
the majority of the ciountry doesn't think so.