monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

oralloy

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 06:36 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Politico wrote:
Zelinsky's testimony is a stunning -- and stunningly rare -- public rebuke of Justice Department leadership by a sitting official.

This silly whining is hardly a "rebuke".

If he is so unwilling to do what the President tells him to do then he did not belong in the executive branch.
maporsche

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 06:37 pm
@Baldimo,
You know that it actually doesn’t take ANY seats away right?

The trump staff came out and said so.
coldjoint

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 06:42 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Stone is a political prisoner. Comey, Mc Cabe, and Clapper lied under oath to Congress. They remain neither indicted or punished. Communist tactics by American fascists.
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 06:52 pm
@oralloy,
you forget that their oaths are to the Constitution, not to the douche-in-chief
oralloy

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 06:56 pm
@farmerman,
The Constitution gives the President absolute power over the executive branch.

Anyone who joins the executive branch and swears an oath to the Constitution, is swearing an oath to obey the President's orders.
oralloy

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 07:02 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:
You know that it actually doesn’t take ANY seats away right?
The trump staff came out and said so.

All the talk about this disrupting Mr. Trump's mailing list is wrong as well.

If those people get themselves on Mr. Trump's mailing list, that will just mean their inboxes will be bombarded with Trump's political ads.

It won't stop the same ads from going out to Mr. Trump's legitimate supporters.
farmerman

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 07:18 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Anyone who joins the executive branch and swears an oath to the Constitution, is swearing an oath to obey the President's orders

You really dont spend too much time thinking about your responses do you. Think Nuremburg 1946.

When on takes an oath to uphold the Constitution and instead one plays toadie to the Exec "Boss", one can be considered an "accessory before and after the fact" (thats a felony in the US).
If your boss is a crook (in govt) and you follow him despite his criminal activity, and by doing this following you aid or conceal or provide "comfort" in the commission of his crimes, there will be a nice warm cell an an orange jumpsuit waiting for you also.
Obeying "orders" is what several Nazis stated as their primary defenses in order to keep from getting shot.

Its far better to resign or get fired and let the chief executive serve time alone.
Would you join the Trump team with that oath of office directing your loyalty??
MontereyJack

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 07:22 pm
@oralloy,
A few million requests for donations going out to pranksters will definitely deplete campaign funds for postage, especially if they're smart and fill the return envelopes with their prepaid return postage to bulging with scrap paper, to increase the postage due to be paid from the campaign. Every little bit helps.
bobsal u1553115

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 07:23 pm
Oralloy:

He has executive powers but he's not the boss of Congress or the Supreme Court. Ever hear of the "balance of powers"?

There is no official "oath to the President" or to the executive branch and there is no oath of allegiance to the nation and the Constitution administered to any unelected offices except for Federal executive and legislative branch, Federal judiciary and Military oaths. I bet Jared and Ivanka have made no oaths. Jared couldn't even get a security clearance: but I have. I've made an oath of allegiance as has my wife and Glitter and her husband have. Other than the Pledge of Allegiance, neither you or your little buddy have ever sworn an Oath, have you?

Your yammering on this topic pretty sadly ignorant.
MontereyJack

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 07:25 pm
@oralloy,
No, they're swearing to obey the constitution, and particularly under trump obeying the constitution and obeying trump are two antithetical things.
coldjoint

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 07:29 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
If your boss is a crook (in govt) and you follow him despite his criminal activity, and by doing this following you aid or conceal or provide "comfort" in the commission of his crimes, there will be a nice warm cell an an orange jumpsuit waiting for you also.

When are you going to apply all of those things to Obama and his gang of traitors? Equal justice, and all that.
MontereyJack

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 07:31 pm
@oralloy,
True. Under trump anybody with a functioning conscience and a moral sense of doing what's right, not what's wrong, does not belong in the Justice Dept. which is why the right thing to do is vote the amoralso-called president out in nov.
coldjoint

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 07:34 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
I've made an oath of allegiance as has my wife and Glitter and her husband have. Other than the Pledge of Allegiance, neither you or your little buddy have ever sworn an Oath, have you?

We haven't but we do not support Communists that is who you took an oath to because you support Communist methods from unequal justice to censorship and domestic terrorism. You are an enemy of the Constitution.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 07:34 pm
@MontereyJack,
I, (state name of enlistee), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. (So help me God)."

This was my oath when I enlisted. I pledged allegiance to the Nation and the Flag. I swore to obey the orders of the President (commander in chief) but I swore NO allegiance to the Office of the President or to his person. I was not sworn to obey illegal order per UCMJ or by international compacts the US were party to as established by the Nuremberg Trials.

I wonder where the little tweeks get theit education? I weep for the nation.
oralloy

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 07:35 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
the right thing to do is vote the amoralso-called president out in nov.

I'll be voting for Mr. Trump in November.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 07:35 pm
@coldjoint,
apparently you've missed it. Obama isn't president.
oralloy

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 07:38 pm
@MontereyJack,
That means he can be prosecuted now. Let's have the FBI arrest him so we can get the ball rolling.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 07:41 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
I wonder where the little tweeks get theit education? I weep for the nation.

Where ever it was it has yours beat. Patriotism is the last refuge for a scoundrel. So your phony patriotism does not fool anyone, but you. And ten to one that does not even bother you
0 Replies

engineer

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 07:56 pm
Didn't know you were a nuc! What boat? I served on a couple of boomers in the 80s
bobsal u1553115

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 08:01 pm
@engineer,
Andrew Jackson. You? I'm a boomer bubblehead all the way.