monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

farmerman

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 07:44 am
@blatham,
Ya know, that poster is emblematic of his regime. Its not quite fully competent. Nobody stays home an reviews copy
blatham

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 07:46 am
Obviously, the Trump "Just Lie About Everything" mode is fully institutionalized.

Sarah Maslin Nir ‏@SarahMaslinNir 18h18 hours ago
In the Trump store inside Trump Towers, sales woman told me "It's all made in America." Actually none is.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4fTfQNXAAERs6i.jpg
izzythepush

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 07:47 am
@revelette1,
He's not reaching for the stars in that pic either.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 07:49 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Ya know, that poster is emblematic of his regime. Its not quite fully competent. Nobody stays home an reviews copy

I once heard an interview with Bertrand Russell's editor. Russell submitted his material in its first and only draft, done in longhand. No corrections.

Trump is like Russell. Fact.
layman

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 07:55 am
For some damn reason, Mexico doesn't seem to want it's rapists, murderers, drug dealers, gang members, and other criminals back, eh?

Quote:
President Enrique Peña Nieto recently budgeted about $50 million to the country’s 50 consulates to help pay the costs of defending migrants who are in the U.S. illegally and facing deportation.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/02/13/illegal-immigrants-signal-would-prefer-detention-over-deportation.html

Wise up, cheese-eaters.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 08:01 am
@layman,
Yes, I read your reply but took a break from A2K over the weekend.

The thing I don't get about the anti-trans thing is "Who do you think these kids are?" Do you think they are sex crazed rapists that are putting their social lives in complete chaos just for the chance to peek at a girl peeing? Do you think it's the star quarterback that is going every day trying really hard to not be noticed by anyone as they attempt to figure out for themselves just who they are and how they are going to get through the next day?

Most kids who identify themselves as being transsexual are depressed, confused and trying really hard to just get through the day. Is your piss really so important that you can't handle the possibility that a girl dressed as a boy might be using the same bathroom?

Being trans is not identity theft Layman. I can't believe that I have to keep reminding people that America is free for all its citizens.
wmwcjr

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 08:01 am
@layman,
layman wrote:
That picture got me to wanting to find my 44-ounce Louisville Slugger and go huntin, eh, Bill?

I betcha there's some really tender meat on that puppy, eh?

I wouldn't do that if I were you. That puppy has a big mama. Twisted Evil

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/f4/bf/89/f4bf897bcabbf520f492b1264a4fd681.jpg
wmwcjr

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 08:05 am
@McGentrix,
Good compassionate post.
0 Replies

layman

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 08:06 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Most kids who identify themselves as being transsexual are depressed, confused and trying really hard to just get through the day.

I agree that they have mental problems. What's the cure? Acting like reality has changed to accommodate their delusions?

If some psychotic thinks it's his duty, directed by God, to kill all women in order to save humanity, would we ask women to line up so he can fulfill his perceived "duty?" I'm sure he would feel "dignified," if we did.

Quote:
I can't believe that I have to keep reminding people that America is free for all its citizens.

Is it only free for trannies, or do normal people have some rights too, ya figure?
farmerman

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 08:07 am
@blatham,
Thats why nobody had to read Brtrand Russell in Catholic SChools, we only listened to tapes of his philosophical assertions.(Back when audio "tapes" were as big as pizza boxes) (Teachrs qre all nuns and Brothers in those days and they would have kept the Declaration o Independence from us because of the "variable rules of spelling and grammar of that day")

Boy, but Berty was a piece of work, course everything e Catholic students believed was heavily filtered through Father Mizckuyn and Sister Attila.
blatham

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 08:11 am
I just saw this photo below accompanied by a tweet from @evan_greer who writes:
Quote:
US history condensed into a single photo from #StandingRock

http://www168.lunapic.com/do-not-link-here-use-hosting-instead/14869945491503?770080746

And it got me thinking about cargo cults.

Trump isn't a reader. The chances he'd know anything at all about cargo cults is south of zero. And the thing is, because of this educational black hole in the center of his brain, he's really missing out on some potential income. Not smart!

Imagine if he just took a high quality photograph of the pillars and gate at the entrance to Mar a Lago. Then, send it off to a Chinese factory to make small, cheap 3 dimensional models. Of course, he can shaft the factory later, so no costs incurred.

Through Fox and other sales outlets working for him, he could then, if he had this anthropological knowledge, market these to his many followers, recognizing that they would place these Mar a Lago driveway entrances on their front yards (like the model airport runways in Melanesia) which would encourage great wealth and golden **** to arrive.

Sad! Just downright ******* sad.

hightor

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 08:13 am
So predictable...

Quote:
When I travel to Asia, I’m fairly often met at the airport by someone holding a sign reading “Mr. Paul.” Why? In much of Asia, names are given family first, personal second — at home, the prime minister of Japan is referred to as Abe Shinzo. And the mistake is completely forgivable when it’s made by a taxi driver picking up a professor.

It’s not so forgivable, however, if the president of the United States makes the same mistake when welcoming the leader of one of our most important economic and security partners. But there it was: Donald Trump referring to Mr. Abe as, yes, Prime Minister Shinzo.

Ignorance is Strength

Not so much to do with Trump himself as it is an indictment of the sloppy team he has around him.
blatham

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 08:15 am
@farmerman,
I missed the whole Catholic thing, being Mennonite. Positives and negatives in that.

I can't remember when I first fell in love with Russell but it was somewhere in high school. Can't even recall why (possibly his Ban the Bomb activism) but Mysticism and Logic was the first book I bought.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 08:17 am
@hightor,
Such a perfect title for Krugman's piece on Trump.
0 Replies

layman

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 08:23 am
@hightor,
Quote:
It’s not so forgivable, however, if the president of the United States makes the same mistake..

If he ever referred to Trump as "President Donald," I would NEVER forgive him. He should be taken out in the alley and summarily shot, I figure.

Aint you cheese-eaters got nuthin real to complain about?
blatham

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 08:23 am
Gotta run and do domestic stuffs but...

I do have what I think is a great book idea. I am, I confess, drawing on an earlier theme/idea which has been extraordinarily successful in publishing and now, in a second film.

My concept here is to center the story on a lovely young immigrant lady who meets a much older, pasty-complexioned fat man who is rich and she is subjected to experiences which she'd never even imagined before and many of these are deeply degrading and humiliating.

Working title is 50 Shades of Orange.
0 Replies

revelette1

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 08:36 am
@layman,
Sometimes I wonder if you guy's are really as blind as you seem. Like it or not Trump is the President of the United States. He represents a power in the world. To misspell "too" is just kind of a joke and really wasn't meant as anything serious. But for our President to not respect or get the customs of the leaders who visit him on important matters is not good at all. It sets up the tone for the rest of the visit and gives an impression of the President which will stick. Why is that hard to see?
layman

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 08:40 am
@revelette1,
Yeah, Trump should have met him wearing a kimono, or whatever you call the dresses the men wear over there, eh?

I done said it's plumb UNFORGIVABLE , what else ya want from me?
revelette1

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 08:53 am
@layman,
Nothing really.
0 Replies

layman

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 09:01 am
No need to ask if the cheese-eaters want some cheese to go with their whine, eh?

Goes without no kinda sayin.
0 Replies